JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone use the american eagle ar 5.56 ammo?(black box)
I have used it a few times and it seems pretty accurate and never jammed on me yet.
I read some reviews that say it is xm193 in a different box?
but some say it is junk while xm193 lakecity is fine in their ar's.
It appears the same as xm193 lake city to me and probably comes from the same factory and line so i'm thinking someone is being critical of the A.E.ammo.

What are your thoughts on this ammo?
by the way i shoot it from my kids DPMS with 1:9 twist and my POF with 1:8 twist and have the same good results at 100yrds.

anyone shot it out to 400~500 yards?

Never had an issue with it. I just shot 8 boxes of it the other day and it ran flawlessly. The head stamp is LC. I don't shoot past 200yds so I cant comment on its accuracy out that far but I would suspect it would do just fine in your 1:8 rifle.

According to Federal, if it's marked XM193 it's all the same. The only difference is the packaging.

<broken link removed>

I have both the black and brown cardboard boxes and they all work great. All have the Lake City headstamp.

the only difference i have noticed is the AE has a greasy oily film on it,i leaves your hands black after loading a few magazines with it.
Both shoot pretty good groups for cheap .30ish cent bullets.

the only difference i have noticed is the AE has a greasy oily film on it,i leaves your hands black after loading a few magazines with it.
Both shoot pretty good groups for cheap .30ish cent bullets.

I noticed that as well. The night before I went to my last AR class I decided to load up my mags. I noticed this oily feeling as well so I decided to wipe down all 1200 rounds I had prior to loading my mags. I ended up shooting real close to a 1000 rounds in two days and had zero issues with the ammo or my AR for that matter.

I have shot 400 rounds of it - 2x200 round boxes. I bought it back when ammo was "impossible" to find. It was in LC brass, had crimped and sealed primers and sealed bullets. It went through the chrony at 3150 +/- 40 from a 16" 1:9. Not one round was bad. It was sub moa.

Since then I've been able to find Federal XM193 in 1,000 round boxes (loose but new in new boxes) and it's cheaper that way. That's why I finally shot up the American Eagle. I found no difference.

I did also notice the american eagle has crazy flash though.
Im shooting it through my POF P415 piston drivin rifle so i dont know if it's just the piston rifle characteristics or if it's the ammo but wow!...it looks like a flash bang went off.not every round but every 3rd maybe and thats with a flash hider.anyone else notice the flash?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top