JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A lot of people have discovered the American Classic line of 1911's being produced by MetroArms out of Manila in the Philippines...From everything I've seen, a whole bubblegum ton of gun for an extremely reasonable price. I've had a fullsize and a commander sized one myself, and they only got sold because they were blued. I'm looking into re-purchasing them in stainless in the very near future.

Anyway...My thought today, was what if they could pack all the features of the American Classic 1911's into a longslide variation of the pistol? Finding a longslide 1911 in general is pretty difficult, then finding one of any kind of decent quality, and then finding one for a reasonable price...Yeah, not too easy. I'm a huge fan of longslides, and I think if MetroArms could put together their American Classic pistol in a longslide variant, they'd get a crap load of business on them. I for sure would buy into the line.

What do you guys think about a very well priced, good quality longslide 1911 from the Philippines? Yay or nay and why either way?

I would like some honest insight as I'm communicating directly with Hector Rodriguez in regards to this, who is the president of MetroArms and I will be passing along the feedback I receive from you guys.

Hey, you're on here too. lol.

My preferences would be a GI type bushing/recoil setup. No bull barrel and flgr. Bomar-type adjustable sights are a good idea. Special attention would need to be paid to the quality of the barrel, nice crown at the muzzle. A well fitted match bushing would be a must.

Forward serrations would be good, as well as a flat top slide. Stainless would be preferred over AC's Bluing which is nice and shiny but way way way too thin.

A lot of people have discovered the American Classic line of 1911's being produced by MetroArms out of Manila in the Philippines...From everything I've seen, a whole bubblegum ton of gun for an extremely reasonable price. I've had a fullsize and a commander sized one myself, and they only got sold because they were blued. I'm looking into re-purchasing them in stainless in the very near future.

Anyway...My thought today, was what if they could pack all the features of the American Classic 1911's into a longslide variation of the pistol? Finding a longslide 1911 in general is pretty difficult, then finding one of any kind of decent quality, and then finding one for a reasonable price...Yeah, not too easy. I'm a huge fan of longslides, and I think if MetroArms could put together their American Classic pistol in a longslide variant, they'd get a crap load of business on them. I for sure would buy into the line.

What do you guys think about a very well priced, good quality longslide 1911 from the Philippines? Yay or nay and why either way?

I would like some honest insight as I'm communicating directly with Hector Rodriguez in regards to this, who is the president of MetroArms and I will be passing along the feedback I receive from you guys.

The Brits will need to approve the design I assume since they contract MA to cast the bits for them.
Shooters Arms in Philipland may be a better option to pitch.
I meet with these guys every year.

Nobody has any input on this?

The design is in the works already along with a bobtail design for the American Classic line of pistols. It'll be very interesting to see what, if anything, comes out of this...

Still looking for input though fellas! (And gals if you've got something to say! lol)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top