JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends on your disability rating.
If you're lying about your PTSD symptoms, then you are stupid and deserve to pay the copay.

Or- I know my issues, don't want to be marginalized, categorized, labeled or disarmed. If I could not provide for my family, I would seek disability benefits. But I can, and I will. Too many people, in my opinion, take advantage of the system and abuse it. Who has to pay for that? I know my newborn son will.

It doesn't look very good if you lie about your symptoms and then several years down the road decide you have it.....

True, very true...nevertheless I think it would be best if I deal with my problems (head on) in my own way with my loved ones than to ever trust the military again to know what is best for me? I don't know if you know this there, chief...but Uncle Sam does what is best for Uncle Sam.

What do you think the VA is going to think?

I really don't care what the VA thinks...in fact, I hope they never know I have PTSD and don't put me on some freekin list "to keep an eye on".

I know that noone has the exact same symptoms as anyone else and that some of the Vietnam guys didn't seek help for it for many years. They ALSO didn't go to the VA at all during those years, so therefore they had no previous paperwork saying they were fine.

I wish you were in front of me, right now, so I can laugh in your face about this comment. What about the documented knee problems? The headaches? The intestinal, bacteria infection that caused me to crap blood for weeks?

None of that in my medical file...not a word- all pulled by Uncle Sam.

The Army and Marine Corps are both dealing with lawsuits and attempted med-review boards for veterans who've been out of the service for 2-8 years and are NOW saying they have X wrong with them and they want retired from their service because the VA isn't giving them what they wany. It's not the services fault that they failed to have their "problems" properly documented before their EAS. Then again, the same services are also dealing with cases where the veteran was discharged while still on a med board or lim-du and are attempting to get things corrected.

I watched the US Army medically discharge a guy who was injured from an IED. The injury made him not able to fully use his right leg- so instead of putting him through rehab therapy until he got better, they processed him out of the Army as fast as possible. That's right...instead of put the guy on disability status, putting him through military rehab and then chaptering him out they got rid of him as soon as possible to put the burden of his therapy on his shoulders and the proof that the injury was a combat injury- not some skiing accident he got while on leave.

Makes me sick to my stomach just typing this, but that is the norm for the military not the exception.

They aren't going to put you on any "incompetent list" unless you are judged to be a danger to others, so since you've been working since your tour on active duty, I would judge that you aren't a danger to anyone.

How the frack do you know that? You're absolutely certain that they just won't say "lets make sure anyone with night terrors in combination with paranoia symptoms are categorized as a danger to others"? You don't, you have no idea. I'm another number to Uncle Sam and (in fact) a possible domestic terrorist. How so? I'm a white, returning veteran, prepping, I'm critical of the Government, a Ron Paul supporter and have made contact with my local militia. One wrong Facebook post or YouTube rant and I'm detained, disarmed and categorized before I can blink...

I really don't believe that this is an attempt to slow or stop PTSD claims, but is truly a way to ensure that individuals that are so damaged that they can't take care of their own money (as one example of something they can't do on their own) can't purchase, or be conned into purchasing, a firearm. I, for one, fully support it as long as there is a standardized plan put into place (the VA doesn't standardize anything and that is a big problem!) that ensures the veteran is REALLY incapable of taking care of himself. If there was a panel of some doctors, MSW, mental health professionals and also some of the above that aren't in the VA and have NO vested interest in the outcome of their decision on the vet's mental status, then I would be behind it 100%.

But, I've been in the VA system long enough to know that unless you have the ability to stand up and fight for yourself, and make your own contacts with people who have the power to grab the VA by the lapel and say "HEY, WTF?!", then the VA is a terrible system to rely on for your care.

None of that scares you? You don't think that the government won't use a bounced check you wrote or a car payment you missed as an excuse to disarm you? I don't know if you are stupid, or brave...

Or- I know my issues, don't want to be marginalized, categorized, labeled or disarmed. If I could not provide for my family, I would seek disability benefits. But I can, and I will. Too many people, in my opinion, take advantage of the system and abuse it. Who has to pay for that? I know my newborn son will.

True, very true...nevertheless I think it would be best if I deal with my problems (head on) in my own way with my loved ones than to ever trust the military again to know what is best for me? I don't know if you know this there, chief...but Uncle Sam does what is best for Uncle Sam.

I really don't care what the VA thinks...in fact, I hope they never know I have PTSD and don't put me on some freekin list "to keep an eye on".

I wish you were in front of me, right now, so I can laugh in your face about this comment. What about the documented knee problems? The headaches? The intestinal, bacteria infection that caused me to crap blood for weeks?

None of that in my medical file...not a word- all pulled by Uncle Sam.

I watched the US Army medically discharge a guy who was injured from an IED. The injury made him not able to fully use his right leg- so instead of putting him through rehab therapy until he got better, they processed him out of the Army as fast as possible. That's right...instead of put the guy on disability status, putting him through military rehab and then chaptering him out they got rid of him as soon as possible to put the burden of his therapy on his shoulders and the proof that the injury was a combat injury- not some skiing accident he got while on leave.

Makes me sick to my stomach just typing this, but that is the norm for the military not the exception.

How the frack do you know that? You're absolutely certain that they just won't say "lets make sure anyone with night terrors in combination with paranoia symptoms are categorized as a danger to others"? You don't, you have no idea. I'm another number to Uncle Sam and (in fact) a possible domestic terrorist. How so? I'm a white, returning veteran, prepping, I'm critical of the Government, a Ron Paul supporter and have made contact with my local militia. One wrong Facebook post or YouTube rant and I'm detained, disarmed and categorized before I can blink...

None of that scares you? You don't think that the government won't use a bounced check you wrote or a car payment you missed as an excuse to disarm you? I don't know if you are stupid, or brave...

Extreme paranoia is a big symptom of PTSD and you should probably have that checked out. Why are you advertising on a public forum that you have severe PTSD when you're so afraid of being put on "The List"? Seems mighty counter-productive.....

FWIW, the incident where I was wounded "never" happened. There is no official account of it. Nothing from the plt-regimantal level. No after action reports, no PUC reports. The guy we picked up was "never" there.....
I too watched the Marine Corps discharge a Marine while on Lim-Du for combat wounds because they screwed up the unit diary. I also know that Marine has been fighting for 6 years to get his discharge fixed and be properly retired after 8 1/2 years of faithful service. I also know that TWO Commandants of the Marine Corps have said that it is IMPOSSIBLE for this to happen, there is no way that Marine could have been discharged while awaiting a med board. But I know for a fact that it happened because I'm the Marine in this story, so your story of "watching" someone get discharged in order to just get him out of their way means bubblegum to me.

My last point, Google the story of Marine SSgt Travis Twiggs and his brother. I would hate for you to end up like him. (I only say that because then you'd be another black mark for returning vets, not because I care about you, like I did Travis)

Extreme paranoia is a big symptom of PTSD and you should probably have that checked out. Why are you advertising on a public forum that you have severe PTSD when you're so afraid of being put on "The List"? Seems mighty counter-productive.....

See, even you are starting to categorize me...all of a sudden I'm "extremely paranoid" and have "severe PTSD"- you've made these conclusions from what, a handful of forum posts?

FWIW, the incident where I was wounded "never" happened. There is no official account of it. Nothing from the plt-regimantal level. No after action reports, no PUC reports. The guy we picked up was "never" there.....

That happens a lot too...I remember a bomb dropped on a house that killed about 14 people (most under the age of 15). Military documents when compared with the actual accounts would make you wonder if it was actually the same incident.

I too watched the Marine Corps discharge a Marine while on Lim-Du for combat wounds because they screwed up the unit diary. I also know that Marine has been fighting for 6 years to get his discharge fixed and be properly retired after 8 1/2 years of faithful service. I also know that TWO Commandants of the Marine Corps have said that it is IMPOSSIBLE for this to happen, there is no way that Marine could have been discharged while awaiting a med board. But I know for a fact that it happened because I'm the Marine in this story, so your story of "watching" someone get discharged in order to just get him out of their way means bubblegum to me.

So you know, firsthand, as to why people should distrust Uncle Sam. Why do you dissagree with me in the first place again?

My last point, Google the story of Marine SSgt Travis Twiggs and his brother. I would hate for you to end up like him. (I only say that because then you'd be another black mark for returning vets, not because I care about you, like I did Travis)

Um...I don't want to end up like him either.

Twiggs had been through four tours in Iraq, one in Afghanistan and months of therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder in which he said he was on up to 12 different medications.

Let me be clear. I know I have PTSD and I am treating it. I have a loving an supportive network of friends and family that I can go to at any time and talk with- this is my medication and it works for me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top