JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I caught the end of the vote on CSPAN. However, Ron Wyden voted nay on the amendment and was apparently in favor of sending more F-16s and Abrams tanks to Egypt, despite their connection with the Muslim Brotherhood and the threat of revolution.

If anyone can confirm the vote in want to make sure I heard it correctly they were jumping around on votes like it was cool, no wonder they never accomplish anything.

Ah ok. Still annoys me that we are doing this. I don't want my tax dollars going to give potential war mongers good equipment ( I think we were giving them to Egypt)..

Either way we should not sell them anything either.

I think they ended up giving them 15 or 16 F-16s, now my understanding is that money stays here (goes to weapons manufacturers from the military section of the US aid) and they get the weapons, so it's tax dollars -> weapon manufacturers and they end up with the weapons.

Ah ok. Still annoys me that we are doing this. I don't want my tax dollars going to give potential war mongers good equipment ( I think we were giving them to Egypt)..

Either way we should not sell them anything either.

It's how we roll!

Seriously...We gave weapons to Saddam Hussein for his war against Iran. Then there was the Iran-Contra Mess. Hmmm, lets see, how about the Taliban, for their fight against the Russian occupation.

And many more. We like to give these little despot dictators all of these weapons so they can become power drunk and then we have to go in and spank them. Our economy is largely driven by conflict. You think we're still in Afghanistan because those goat farmers pose any threat? Nope, gotta support the war driven contractor industry. It's a mess.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top