JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
amd or intel which do you think is better im going with amd do you like building computers i love it its fun i had my same tower since i was 16 changed the motherboard twice because i updated so i take care of stuff i love my computer, i cant wait too rebuild it

If I was building today, Intel no question. AMD is at least a generation behind, where they used to be at or near Intel. I am a fan of AMD for sure, but they have fallen too far behind. Wife and I are still running CPU's from few generations ago. I have an older Core 2 Quad and the wife is running an AMD Phenom triple core. The triple core is and has been rock solid. We both have 6870 GPU's. We have been at the point for a while where we cannot run new games. Since we are new parents that isn't too big of deal. We were waiting for Everquest Next, vut now that it has been canned I think I am goong to focus on building one really nice rig instead of two.

This is interesting.

A bunch of weird random topics from seat belts, airbags, car seats, your computer and now processors...

Something doesn't add up.

Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-6300 29 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3 (AM3R2) 46 °C
Graphics
E371VL (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (PNY) 44 °C
Storage
232GB Western Digital WDC WD2500AAKS-00VSA0 ATA Device (SATA) 36 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Z ATA Device
Audio
VIA High Definition Audio

I've been team Intel since the beginning. I would go with an I5 or an I7. I went with I5's for all of our work computers and they have been fantastic. We didn't need the extra power of the I7 and it saved us a few hundred bucks per computer.

For desktop computers I only roll with rigs I build. I generally ascribe to the approach of "buy once, cry once" and buy the bestest, baddest stuff I can afford (within reason), so I usually go the better part of 5-yrs+ before I feel the need to upgrade hardware. Right now I have the following:

-Water cooled Intel i7 quad-core 5th-gen overclocked to 4Ghz,
-MB= MSI- Dragon series Z-97 chipset,
-32MB 2400Mhz Corsair Vengence DDR3 RAM,
-C:= 960GB SATA SSD (OS use only)
-D:, E:, F:, G:= 3TB(each) SATA HDD (lots and lots of encoded movies and music... legally owned by me)
-H:, I:= SATA Blue-ray R/W,
-wireless keyboard/mouse,
-OS= Windows-7 64-bit Pro

It's all color coordinated in black with red accents and has red LED internal case lighting that pulses like a slow heartbeat.

.... yeah, it's pretty wicked-fast. :D

Oh yeah,

I had a EVGA GTX-690 series 4MB video card (forget which specific model now) but it burned up a while back, and since I rarely even use the computer let alone have no time for "gaming" I'm just using the i7 onboard video until I REALLY feel like dropping a couple hundred (plus) on a new video card. o_O

For desktop computers I only roll with rigs I build. I generally ascribe to the approach of "buy once, cry once" and buy the bestest, baddest stuff I can afford (within reason), so I usually go the better part of 5-yrs+ before I feel the need to upgrade hardware. Right now I have the following:

-Water cooled Intel i7 quad-core 5th-gen overclocked to 4Ghz,
-MB= MSI- Dragon series Z-97 chipset,
-32MB 2400Mhz Corsair Vengence DDR3 RAM,
-C:= 960GB SATA SSD (OS use only)
-D:, E:, F:, G:= 3TB(each) SATA HDD (lots and lots of encoded movies and music... legally owned by me)
-H:, I:= SATA Blue-ray R/W,
-wireless keyboard/mouse,
-OS= Windows-7 64-bit Pro

It's all color coordinated in black with red accents and has red LED internal case lighting that pulses like a slow heartbeat.

.... yeah, it's pretty wicked-fast. :D

Oh yeah,

I had a EVGA GTX-690 series 4MB video card (forget which specific model now) but it burned up a while back, and since I rarely even use the computer let alone have no time for "gaming" I'm just using the i7 onboard video until I REALLY feel like dropping a couple hundred (plus) on a new video card. o_O
Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-6300 29 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3 (AM3R2) 46 °C
Graphics
E371VL (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (PNY) 44 °C
Storage
232GB Western Digital WDC WD2500AAKS-00VSA0 ATA Device (SATA) 36 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Z ATA Device
Audio
VIA High Definition Audio

i rebuilt mine its a custom built

Same thing here stomper , AUSU Rampage 4 extreme black ops, Intel i7 core, 8 hiperx 8gig ddr3 1.63v over clocked , 680g SSD ( os only) Win7 pro 64bit, Nvidia k80 Tesla grafix card. raid controller and 2x2 ter barracuda hdd storage in a raidmax viper chassis with intel liquid cooler! Should be good for the next 8 years or so, if I don't cook it!

amd or intel which do you think is better im going with amd do you like building computers i love it its fun i had my same tower since i was 16 changed the motherboard twice because i updated so i take care of stuff i love my computer, i cant wait too rebuild it
LWRC or FN? Which do you prefer?

Oh yeah,

I'm running a GTX 970 but the new 1070 has got me drooling. They were projected to be around $350 but the cheapest I've seen is $449. I'll wait for the hysteria to die down and hopefully the price will drop a little. The 1080 would be nice but....$$$$

The New GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics Card (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1070)

Another thing that has always annoyed me about discreet video cards... they make some awesome looking heat sink, cooling fan arrangement, with a neat looking shroud.... only to be turned upside-down and buried out of view... WTF, over? o_O

Why don't they put that stuff on "top" so you can actually see it through your case window? :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top