JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got an email from Amazon asking to take a detailed survey.

In the comments section, I asked that they carry more firearms parts and accessories, especially for the AR-15 rifle.

Also blasted them for increasing shipping times and prices and told them that I often can find items cheaper at other sites with free shipping as well, particularly WalMart.com.

And told them that I would never use their Alexa or Echo devices due to privacy concerns.

I feel better now...

I approach it like this.
The sale has already gotten feedback. Good/Bad, if you chose to leave it.
Emails rec'd requesting surveys are DELETED.

Any email with advertising or hot links
(hover pointer over link, picture, etc, look to the bottom left of your screen) and if track/click is displayed, DELETE.
I go direct to the website if I have interest.

Email Trackers Are Watching Your Inbox. Here's How To Block Them.

Last Edited:
Amazon is certainly not for all. Owner is of course someone I would rather not support but I HATE shopping. So he now gets a very large percentage of my business. An amazing amount of the stuff is now same day or 1 day. I often no longer even bother to comparison shop. If they have what I want and it looks close price wise I just order it.
There is a super Wally just down the road from me that I avoid. During day it's often crowded, hard to find what I came for. Wife likes to go middle of the night as it's of course slow and few there. Problem is the parking lot seems to be an open air meth party. First time I went with her I pointed out what she was oblivious too. She still goes now and then and at least can park close to the door although I would rather she not go at all.

Just driving to town and back to pick up something from WalMart is $7 in gas...

I've noticed a sudden deterioration of the clientele at the local WalMarts as well. Used to be a perfect place for pervs since the college girls wear almost nothing in the summer. I've seen more skin at WalMart than any Victoria's Secret catalog, lol.

But lately, there have been some extremely sketchy folks hanging out. Last trip saw a single mom start abusing her toddler when another lady confronted her.

Used to be only when the fair was in town that you saw those types around. Now I see them more and more often.

My best trip to Walmart was the day I went in for a case of beer.
There was a guy in the main isle, waiting with a shopping cart.
Some woman's voice come over loudly from within the rows.
Grab me a box of kotex, Henry.

It was directed to the guy in the main isle.
What an education for the kids. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Got an email from Amazon asking to take a detailed survey.

In the comments section, I asked that they carry more firearms parts and accessories, especially for the AR-15 rifle.

Also blasted them for increasing shipping times and prices and told them that I often can find items cheaper at other sites with free shipping as well, particularly WalMart.com.

And told them that I would never use their Alexa or Echo devices due to privacy concerns.

I feel better now...

I feel better after I started to boycott them after they funded the Seattle Police gun buyback years ago.

With poor service, poor selection, and long waits at the cashier, I spend very little time shopping in a store, and I spend a ton at Amazon.

Next, their surveys...
I played the survey game for a while, until I received a product that was all scratched up when i received it. I reported that in the survey, professionally, courteously, and honestly, but was immediately chastised by Amazon. They said if i ever submitted such a review or survey I would never be allowed to review again.

So I learned a quick lesson. If you love a product, please review it. if you have problems with a product, they do not want to hear it.

Another issue I had. Bought a carry-on roll around airline suitcase. The lock did not work. I tried to get a replacement or refund. That's when I learned there is fine print. Seems I bought from a third-party seller and Amazon does not back up those sales with any kind of warranty or guaranty. And the third-party seller which had a very poor command of english, would only offer a replacement if I paid to return the luggage, and I paid a restocking fee. That was a good 75-dollar lesson. I now have a suitcase with a lock that doesn't work.:)

I approach it like this.
The sale has already gotten feedback. Good/Bad, if you chose to leave it.
Emails rec'd requesting surveys are DELETED.

Any email with advertising or hot links
(hover pointer over link, picture, etc, look to the bottom left of your screen) and if track/click is displayed, DELETE.
I go direct to the website if I have interest.

Email Trackers Are Watching Your Inbox. Here's How To Block Them.

I've often wondered what they were and I have never click on the emails with them.
Scary bubblegum in plain sight!!!

I feel better after I started to boycott them after they funded the Seattle Police gun buyback years ago.

Sadly there seem to be few places who do not share money with the anti gun crap now days. Hard to stay clear of it. One small part for me. I use a lot of that Synthetic Safe spray cleaner. Range used to sell it and I had no problem buying it from them even though it was a little more. Couple years ago they ran out. I kept pestering them every couple months. They sell it in the store that is part of the same operation but it's not open when I'm there. Every couple months I would mention it again to some employee who would yawn and say yea, I'll ask. Got to where I felt like they were tired of hearing it from me. Last week went in with Wife and damned if there was not some on the shelf again. So of course bought one. Will keep buying it from them rather that give the money to Amazon who sells it cheaper, IF they would just keep some on the shelf.

Sadly there seem to be few places who do not share money with the anti gun crap now days. Hard to stay clear of it. One small part for me. I use a lot of that Synthetic Safe spray cleaner. Range used to sell it and I had no problem buying it from them even though it was a little more. Couple years ago they ran out. I kept pestering them every couple months. They sell it in the store that is part of the same operation but it's not open when I'm there. Every couple months I would mention it again to some employee who would yawn and say yea, I'll ask. Got to where I felt like they were tired of hearing it from me. Last week went in with Wife and damned if there was not some on the shelf again. So of course bought one. Will keep buying it from them rather that give the money to Amazon who sells it cheaper, IF they would just keep some on the shelf.

Yeah I know I'm opening up a big can of worms but I can't see spending a lot of $$$ because it's so easy even a caveman can do it. Plus I save $$$ with free shipping & I can donate to my favorite 2A charity with every purchase.....:oops:

With poor service, poor selection, and long waits at the cashier, I spend very little time shopping in a store, and I spend a ton at Amazon.

Next, their surveys...
I played the survey game for a while, until I received a product that was all scratched up when i received it. I reported that in the survey, professionally, courteously, and honestly, but was immediately chastised by Amazon. They said if i ever submitted such a review or survey I would never be allowed to review again.

So I learned a quick lesson. If you love a product, please review it. if you have problems with a product, they do not want to hear it.

Another issue I had. Bought a carry-on roll around airline suitcase. The lock did not work. I tried to get a replacement or refund. That's when I learned there is fine print. Seems I bought from a third-party seller and Amazon does not back up those sales with any kind of warranty or guaranty. And the third-party seller which had a very poor command of english, would only offer a replacement if I paid to return the luggage, and I paid a restocking fee. That was a good 75-dollar lesson. I now have a suitcase with a lock that doesn't work.:)

If it happens again, make sure you paid with a credit card. I had this exact same thing happen with Amazon a couple years ago. Got something that was defective. I did the online return thing and got the same message. This was not us, third party blah blah. Tried contacting seller, got nothing. So went with what I call the nuclear option. Did a charge back on the card. Next day I get an e-mail from Amazon. Along the lines of "did we do something to upset you?" I wrote back, said item 3xyz123 was defective, you told me to pound sand and your seller ignored me. They got back to me same day and showed me they had credited me the entire amount back. So make sure you pay with a credit card and if they pull that, try a charge back before you write it off.
I get Amazon rewards money from work, from my Credit card, and when I drop change off at those machines. Now for that I am careful to make sure what I am buying since if that is defective and did not come direct they would probable tell me "sucks to be you"

Yeah I know I'm opening up a big can of worms but I can't see spending a lot of $$$ because it's so easy even a caveman can do it. Plus I save $$$ with free shipping & I can donate to my favorite 2A charity with every purchase.....:oops:

Yep I use that Prime Smile thing. You can set up many charities to get a check from them for your stuff. I use St. Jude but hear they accept some 2nd Amendment sites too. Got an e-mail from them a little while ago that they had just sent a check to St. Jude for over 3/4 of a million for this quarter alone due to how many of us use that charity. Nice that a few bucks goes to them from me for stuff I was going to buy anyway.

If it happens again, make sure you paid with a credit card... and if they pull that, try a charge back before you write it off."

I always pay for my Amazon purchases with a credit card. I didn't know there were other options.

But, I never even thought of the nuclear option of reporting them to the credit card company. Next time.

I always pay for my Amazon purchases with a credit card. I didn't know there were other options.

But, I never even thought of the nuclear option of reporting them to the credit card company. Next time.

Yep some pay using their bank, works like a debit card. Some banks have long ago started offering protection for this as they were afraid Feds would make law if they did not but it's still not as iron clad. Then there is the gift card thing. We get 1 K at work each year for doing health surveys and such. I choose to put that money to Amazon gift cards. Points from my credit card same, and loose change. Toss it in a can, when full take it to that coinstar thing. They give you options and Amazon is one where they do not charge a service fee. So when I shop with that I am much more careful what I am buying since it's Amazon credit.
When you pay for anything with a credit card the bank who issues the card has to offer some amazing protection to you.
Years ago I had a run in at the Optical shop in a Fred's. They gave me about half what I paid for then proceeded to give me a run around for weeks. I finally gave up and called the bank. They wiped out the entire charge a few days later. So then I had to call them back and say "hey they gave me some of what I paid for here." Gal on the phone looked it up and sorted it out, then made the credit for just what I had never received from the place. It's why I decades ago stopped using checks for anything. All I carry is cards. If not paying cash it goes on the card. As long as someone can control themselves and pay the stuff off each month you get protection and they all fight each other with promotions for points for your business. Win win for me:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top