JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did learn yesterday that I can "cast" Youtube vids from my laptop to my TV via FireTV. Makes it easier when using my MBA which doesn't have powerful enough speakers for me to hear some vids with low volume. Not sure about how permissions work for that though - I do use the same YT user on both devices but a different WiFi network AP (one is 5 ghz, the other 2.4 ghz). I suppose that if someone got close enough to my TV they could "cast" a YT vid from their device. Since YT is Google and the FireTV is Amazon, not sure how that works. I used to have Chromecast but that dongle stopped working.

This sounds like a great way for big brother to spy on a lot of people, lol. Glad I don't have any of those in my home.
The NSA captures every electronic transmission within the USA, going to and from the USA, and much of what it can around the world, that travels via any digital or analog transmission media - whether wired or wireless - and stores it at huge data farms for later decryption/decoding/analysis. Everything, including SSL connections (HTTPS) to "secure" website - which they can decrypt because they have broken SSL protocols.

So do not think that "big brother" doesn't know what TV shows you watch, or what internet sites you visit and the data on those sites. The NSA also knows every credit/debit card transaction, every financial transaction that goes thru any financial institution, every purchase. They know who you call/text and what you said (if they are interested enough to bother with the decryption/decoding) too. Anything electronic.

And yes, any person of interest, they profile - they know your friends and friends of friends of friends/acquaintances. They know your purchase habits, they know where you drive or walk and so on - if you are of interest to them (most people are not and the NSA collects so much data that they dump most of it unless you are somehow of interest to them).

The amount of personal data Amazon collects is huge. Not only do devices like Alexa listen in to every word u say, I even saw a Amazon device to track your moods etc in real time based on ur voice, stress levels, heart rate, etc. With that they would be able to instantly tell your reaction and mood in real time as u watch an advertisement f.e.

Flipping scary stuff and poeple have no clue, they just want the newest gadget. Amazon is going to keep pushing the personal privacy boundaries cuz poeple are sleepwalking and not aware enough to call them on it. I don't mean this in a "conspiracy theory" way, I mean they will do it to make $. However, who knows how the info and technology could be used and abused in the future as it continues to evolve.

"Amazon is bringing out its first fitness tracker, a wristband called the Halo, which will eavesdrop on its owner to assess if they are happy or sad based on their tone of voice. A pair of always-on microphones will listen to users, trying to assess their mood and stress levels."

Well since I don't talk to myself much, about the only time Amazon will catch my mood is when I drop/spill some food somewhere or trip on something or some other clumsy act (which with Aspergers is several times a day) and let go some choice expletives. So Amazon will think I am in a foul mood most of the time.

The NSA captures every electronic transmission within the USA, going to and from the USA, and much of what it can around the world, that travels via any digital or analog transmission media - whether wired or wireless - and stores it at huge data farms for later decryption/decoding/analysis. Everything, including SSL connections (HTTPS) to "secure" website - which they can decrypt because they have broken SSL protocols.

So do not think that "big brother" doesn't know what TV shows you watch, or what internet sites you visit and the data on those sites. The NSA also knows every credit/debit card transaction, every financial transaction that goes thru any financial institution, every purchase. They know who you call/text and what you said (if they are interested enough to bother with the decryption/decoding) too. Anything electronic.

And yes, any person of interest, they profile - they know your friends and friends of friends of friends/acquaintances. They know your purchase habits, they know where you drive or walk and so on - if you are of interest to them (most people are not and the NSA collects so much data that they dump most of it unless you are somehow of interest to them).
Dang, you said a few things over my IQ but I get the jest of it. That doesn't really surprise me at BBC all though.

I found an Amazon folder with thousands of audio recordings from my home gadgets

The Sun, Original Article

"A woman was shocked to discover just how much data Amazon has collected about her. She posted a viral TikTok video explaining how she requested to see the data but wasn't expecting to receive so much. TikToker my.data.not.yours explained: "I requested all the data Amazon has on me and here's what I found." She revealed that she has three Amazon smart speakers. Two are Amazon Dot speakers and one is an Echo device. Her home also contains smart bulbs. She said: "When I downloaded the ZIP file these are all the folders it came with." The TikToker then clicked on the audio file and revealed ...

I bet there are plenty of Amazonians rubbing one out to what my Echo dot records in the bedroom when my gal pal comes to visit.

You're welcome, tech nerds. What they don't teach anymore in school you just got a free lesson in.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top