JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Talk about frustration. Delivery is by Amazon, the only cool thing about that is when it gets close you get the small GPS map that shows the delivery persons location and how many stops before you. When I first looked he was about 6 blocks away and 7 stops, got down to 2 blocks and 2 stops and made a turn to the north, got on 19th st to highway 16 to I 5 to river road and when he got to Puyallup the map went poof. He still had 2 stops. I live in UP near the narrows bridge. I don't think I will see my package till Monday, if ever,so frustrating. Rant over.

Last Edited:
I received an order yesterday.
There were two items in the envelope.
The envelope was not sealed, wide open as unused.
Both items arrived, but :confused:

Talk about frustration. Delivery is by Amazon, the only cool thing about that is when it gets close you get the small GPS map that shows the delivery persons location and how many stops before you. When I first looked he was about 6 blocks away and 7 stops, got down to 2 blocks and 2 stops and made a turn to the north, got on 19th st to highway 16 to I 5 to river road and when he got to Puyallup the map went poof. He still had 2 stops. I live in UP near the narrows bridge. I don't think I will see my package till Monday, if ever,so frustrating. Rant over.

The ones with the map are the people who they contract with. Just people using there own vehicle to deliver. Normally works quite well but, again humans are involved here. Have had a few of mine do the same thing. Even got to see the guy on camera making a stop down from me. Then he drove right past me, map went poof. Hours later the tracking showed package was misdirected or such, and we are trying to get your package back on track. Suspect it was never in the car to begin with. Have seen pictures of these guys loading up. There is a huge line of people loading stuff in their cars to head out. Now and then there is of course screw ups. Last week one day I was waiting for a delivery. One of the cars showed up, guy gets out and hands me package. Not the one I was looking for. I asked if he had another he said no. Later UPS showed up with another Amazon package, still not the one I was wanting. Hours later here comes one of those new vans they have with the package. quite an operation they have going with stuff coming from a lot of places at the same time.

Just got an updated map, he is out by Deringer. There is a note above his location that says he has a few more deliveries on the way to my address.:D:D:D

amazon.JPG

Be patient. Regardless of where it comes from or who delivers it, you shouldn't count on it arriving quickly.

Amazon uses all different providers for delivery.

IMO the worst is USPS. Especially if it is USPS all the way. I've seen my stuff reportedly come to Portland, then to IDaho, then to Seattle, all over the place before it finally comes here. A little better is when they use DHL or UPS or FedEx and then use USPS for the 'last mile' because it is cheaper for USPS to come the last mile as they are coming out here anyway.

Y, my problem this time was I saw it get within 2 blocks then go off the other way.:(:(
Try IN MY DRIVEWAY then didn't even stop just turned around and went on his way after looking RIGHT AT ME... I promptly proceeded to politely but firmly express my dissatisfaction with Customer Service and had them Get The Clue Bat.

I actually feel sorry for the amazon workers. The get worked like galley slaves. I get irritated when an order placed Friday evening shows a delivery by end of day Sunday. Chill amazon...I can wait until Monday. :oops:

I actually feel sorry for the amazon workers. The get worked like galley slaves. I get irritated when an order placed Friday evening shows a delivery by end of day Sunday. Chill amazon...I can wait until Monday. :oops:
Yeah, that's the other end of the coin. See my first post in this thread--esp with Amazon trying to force their proles out the door to become contract drivers so they can say "we didn't technically fire 'em"...

I'm just glad when something is delivered the same day estimated/promised. With so many things on My List and the Honey-Do List, I just leave the garage door up and keep working. I've seen multiple FedEx and UPS trucks rumble past my house throughout the day, only to have another one stop late in the afternoon drop off a package.

It's a mess out there .
FedEx.
UPS.
USPS.
AMAZON.
AND ALL THE OTHERS.
Are trying to keep up with the fact.
That everyone is ordering stuff online.
And there order is placed in seconds.

Lol some of the older people can remember a magazine order.
You cut out the paperwork from a magazine.
Filled it out . went and got a money order put it in a envelope and mailed it in.
And maybe 3 or 4 weeks later you got it in the mail.
Now we cry because we clicked a phone screen and expect it to be at our door the next night.
Lol .

I don't expect miracles, I just ask that they not over-promise and under-deliver. If you pad your estimate for a little safety margin fine by me, if I really need priority shipping I'll pay for it--all I ask is make a reasonable commitment and stand by it, same as I ask of others and myself in all things.

Be patient. Regardless of where it comes from or who delivers it, you shouldn't count on it arriving quickly.

Amazon uses all different providers for delivery.

IMO the worst is USPS. Especially if it is USPS all the way. I've seen my stuff reportedly come to Portland, then to IDaho, then to Seattle, all over the place before it finally comes here. A little better is when they use DHL or UPS or FedEx and then use USPS for the 'last mile' because it is cheaper for USPS to come the last mile as they are coming out here anyway.

I had a rifle coming from the East coast come all the way to Portland, then the next location update was.... Boise? Then back to Portland. I got it a half week later than I should. I believe FedEx was my carrier

Checking the status of a delivery is akin to watching water boil...

Don't watch and it'll happen or watch and it'll be delayed and your 'anxiety meter' will peak...

Relax and let it happen.

BTW, does anyone have faith in robot to your door delivery or itty-bitty helicopter delivery?

I order stuff from Amazon.com fairly regularly. When it is dark a turn the porch light on so the driver can see my address. Sometimes the driver delivers my package to my next door neighbor instead. o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top