JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just discovered you can't buy nunchucks on Amazon.

BASTARDS!

Which is funny, but the selection of knives on there is still not too bad...

It'll be interesting to see if this is just a temporary thing or not, but I still find the majority or products (Magpul, Troy, Strike Industries, etc) are being listed... if not by the 1st party, then by a 3rd party seller.

I guess this is a reminder to support guys like Midway, AIM Surplus, PSA, etc. Or buy direct from the mfg.

I the past year I've ordered many firearm item from Amazon. Kimber Pepperblaster, rifle scabard, Rainier charging handle,WMD BCG, gas tubes, Magpul AFGs, admirers tools, rail covers and a Syrac gas block. They were not air gun knockoffs. Fast and mostly free shipping. I will continue to do so. Amazon vendors just need to adjust the wording in titles and descriptions to exclude references to ASSAULT. Like gun adds in Craig's List.

It really shouldn't be a surprise, they have liberal ownership. What really pisses me off is that I just renewed my prime membership, but as I posted earlier, I called Amazon and asked
them (US customer service) and they told me those items would eventually be restocked. My fault for not looking further and checking their "banned" list.

I spent several thousand with them last year and much of it was firearm accessories.

It really shouldn't be a surprise, they have liberal ownership. What really pisses me off is that I just renewed my prime membership, but as I posted earlier, I called Amazon and asked
them (US customer service) and they told me those items would eventually be restocked. My fault for not looking further and checking their "banned" list.

I spent several thousand with them last year and much of it was firearm accessories.

Some folks in their management definitely lean liberal, but ultimately, Amazon is pro-business (itself) and has quite the reputation for putting profit above everything else. The company is run VERY efficiently, and deals pretty harshly when anything perceived to be a threat to its business - state taxes, employee unions, rival online businesses. I don't work for them, but I appreciate the service they offer. When my son was born a few years ago, my family really benefited from PRIME in ordering everything from baby stuff to books and toys to read. If you don't have to have it "right now", waiting for a package to arrive isn't so bad.

I wonder if the removal of the items is simply Amazon being overly sensitive to a minority of anti-gun folks. Best way to get Amazon to listen to us pro-gunners is to start sending them firm (but polite) e-mails that we appreciate their business and that Amazon should continue to sell firearm accessories that are legal. Circulating an online petition might be helpful too - if Amazon sees lots of its customers as being pro-gun, it might change their mind quicker than you think.

"One rifle per family. I do believe each family has the right and responsibility to defend themselves from tyrannical, corrupt police, politicians and lobbyists trying to manipulate laws to protect their money, while they criminalize you, for feeding your family. And when I say family I don’t necessarily mean mom and dad, you know, I mean your community, your neighborhood. And that rifle is symbolic of that defense, but I really do mean a rifle." - Bambu

What is with the limit to "one" rifle in your post ????????????????????
There are NO LIMITS in the 2nd Amendment.

I boycott Walmart because of the way they treat their employees and suppliers.

I don't miss what they sell in the least; I can and do get it elsewhere easily and cheaply.

Besides, a lot of what they have is crap.

Amazon I shop at because they have good prices, good selection and convenience. I see a lot of stuff on Amazon that is not that easily found elsewhere in a known good online site; i.e., I trust Amazon with my credit card #, to actually deliver somewhat promptly, to handle problems with delivery/returns in an honest fashion, etc. (which they always have - so far).

Yes there are a lot of small manufacturers and sellers with their own websites, but all you have to do is go to some of the gun or knife forums to see that there are at least a few that have problems with delivery, quality and/or customer service.

I don't buy a lot of Tacticool stuff to accessorize firearms - so the "assault weapon" issue here is mostly a non-issue to me and as pointed out it seems like sellers may be getting around some of it by changing wording. Time will tell.

What they are doing is selling down the existing inventory they have and not refilling them. As a AR-15 Grip sells out, they put the No Longer Available tag on the item.

As you guys will note, I am a foreigner, meaning I live in Michigan which is a very Pro Gun State. When I joined I explained that I have relatives that live in the Portland area, and absolutely love that side of the country. What worries me is looking at the absolute hell that a gun owner goes through in California. Their ban list is incredible.

That is way you have a person from the other side of the country as a forum member.

I worry about it speading to adjoining states, or at least I did until I joined this forum. My wife and I have talked about moving to the area.

I was just curious how many people really use Amazon for firearm parts?I found only one major item I could really use and it was a trigger made by the same manufactures was cheaper here because of Prime.
I heard the prime membership is in a 1/2/6/2014 notice is being considered to be raised to 80 or 90'd.
I tend to buy some parts on Ebays more then I do Amazon, when I think Amazon I think electronics and such.

I know we want to boycott the anti-gunners. Me too. But really as far as online sales there is not much of an alternative to Amazon and Ebay. And if they stop carrying firearms boycotting wont affect them in the least. I mean if they are not selling what you are buying? Guess it would be like boycotting Walmart, you could but what affect would it have. Most of these big box retailers online and down the street I can say with certainty do not survive because of people like us. However you can affect locally by not supporting the Barber, or coffee shop that doe snot allot firearms. That means more and does more.

I feel you brothers, it sucks when they do this. But really nothing can be done as it would take the sellers not the buyers to change it under pressure.

I have bought several trigger groups there, rails, springs, and many many parts there and recently a leepers vest. But I will most likely be buying from other venues now.

I the past year I've ordered many firearm item from Amazon. Kimber Pepperblaster, rifle scabard, Rainier charging handle,WMD BCG, gas tubes, Magpul AFGs, admirers tools, rail covers and a Syrac gas block. They were not air gun knockoffs. Fast and mostly free shipping. I will continue to do so. Amazon vendors just need to adjust the wording in titles and descriptions to exclude references to ASSAULT. Like gun adds in Craig's List.

Salted Weapons, see the above.

Optics Planet and may other pro gun retailers sell thru Amazon as a clearing house.. if they do that it's going to cost Amazon a lot more than anyone out here

Optics Planet and may other pro gun retailers sell thru Amazon as a clearing house.. if they do that it's going to cost Amazon a lot more than anyone out here

Yes, Amazon is getting a cut for just listing an item that someone else actually warehouses and ships for a lot of firearm items. Wish I had things that rough. I would love that kind of business. Maybe too many people looking for Kindles stumbled onto these evil black gun accessories? :rolleyes:

What they are doing is selling down the existing inventory they have and not refilling them. As a AR-15 Grip sells out, they put the No Longer Available tag on the item.

As you guys will note, I am a foreigner, meaning I live in Michigan which is a very Pro Gun State. When I joined I explained that I have relatives that live in the Portland area, and absolutely love that side of the country. What worries me is looking at the absolute hell that a gun owner goes through in California. Their ban list is incredible.

That is way you have a person from the other side of the country as a forum member.

I worry about it speading to adjoining states, or at least I did until I joined this forum. My wife and I have talked about moving to the area.

Hell, I would think you would be more concerned with the right coast of gun-banning idiots, but bet you would never move east since you're a 2A proponent.:s0155:

Well as others have said this seems to be just BS. My guess is yeah that's their policy, on paper, so it "sounds" good.

The e-mails are probably just something they occasionally send out when some idiot complains. Not much beyond that. Haven't heard of any major product, or type of product actually being pulled.

I have to say, threads like this & the knee jerk reactions are really getting tired. Day in, day out.

What is with the limit to "one" rifle in your post ????????????????????
There are NO LIMITS in the 2nd Amendment.

(LOL, calm down and stop topic jacking, Taku! The quote in my sig is not saying there's a limit... more like a minimum recommendation. EVERY family should own at least one gun, that's what he's saying.)

Back to Amazon.

I see the "evil assault" Magpul AFG2 is still on sale here: Amazon.com: MAGPUL PTS AFG 2 Angled ForeGrip Grip Black: Sports & Outdoors

As others have mentioned, I don't think an outright boycott would be an effective means of protest, or getting what we want. Sending in lots of e-mails / letters, phone calls to pro-gun legislators whose influence is important to Amazon, even buying shares of the company (currently 358.69)... we need to engage the company to see things our way.

I'm all for 2A rights, but I think the gun community too often is locked into the idea that promoting our gun rights is a scorched earth, KILL THEM ALL campaign. Wrong. Insuring the continuation of our 2A rights is a multi-front struggle that requires us to exert influence in every positive way possible on the middle ground of companies like Amazon (and the public), especially since they expect us "gun nuts" to default toward hatred and violence. Rational thinking, persistence and a smile are more likely to get the results we want.

I am not topic jacking. I started this topic to find out what Amazon was really doing. I have bought there for a long time.

It just threw me with that second emphasis on "one" as I had been in several arguments with people in past years that actually proposed that limit as a law. It struck a hair trigger nerve.
It is the same quote they used for their campaign.

As for Amazon, I think only time will tell, but I have noticed hundreds of items now gone. Some that I had saved vanished now.

Yes, Amazon is getting a cut for just listing an item that someone else actually warehouses and ships for a lot of firearm items. Wish I had things that rough. I would love that kind of business. Maybe too many people looking for Kindles stumbled onto these evil black gun accessories? :rolleyes:

You don't want a cut of Amazon's profits - they lost millions last quarter despite revenue in the billions. Now granted, in the big scheme of things the loss isn't that big of a deal, they are building their business, but just bear in mind they are not that profitable. Amazon Prime itself losses money, but Prime customers buy twice as much as non-Prime customers.

I was just curious how many people really use Amazon for firearm parts?

For the most part, I only recently noticed that they had firearms stuff and I was pleasantly surprised. I have bought a few minor firearms things from them, and those represent a very small portion of what I buy from them.

Last year I mostly bought knives and some outdoor stuff for a GHB and such.

Now that I have the knives I want and most of the other stuff I want, I will probably buy quite a bit less this year.

Looking at the list and I cant believe Amazon would ban the sale of a shoulder thing that goes up. Whats that called? Oh yeah, a barrel shroud... Then again, it is a part made for all those semi automatic machine guns out there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top