JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some comments stated he was a burglar at worst and didnt deserve to die. Many times a burglar has run into a homeowner and a non-violent property crime turns into an act of desparation that results in dead homeowners. You are often the only thing that might land them in jail or prison and that alone makes you expendable in the eyes of a burglar.

I find that all the super liberals I've talked to have never had anything happen to them personally. That's how they find it easy to say those kind of things. When I get the question on why I carry and have home defense weapons I ask them if they have ever been robbed? Had their house broken into? Been in a fight?
Try it the next time you have a conversation with one.

me- 6ft (wearing boots) 225lbs would have drug that sorry POS out of my front door by the back of his neck WHILE on the phone to the police. i WOULD HAVE done the same thing (minus turning my head away) as that lady had i been at a disadvantage and my or my kids safety was compromised(there is nothing i would not do on God's green earth to protect my son.) if i was my wife, i would shoot. no questions asked. NOONE is welcome in my house uninvited.

a gun is a tool that puts an 80lb 90year old woman with arthritis, on a level playing field as a 250lb young man breaking into her house. it makes me sick to read the comments that do not support this ladys action to protect her children.:mad:

Some comments stated he was a burglar at worst and didnt deserve to die. Many times a burglar has run into a homeowner and a non-violent property crime turns into an act of desparation that results in dead homeowners. You are often the only thing that might land them in jail or prison and that alone makes you expendable in the eyes of a burglar.
especially if their a third striker !!!

It is sad that the man might have been in the home due to his illness but i feel the mother was totally justified in this. Reading some of the comments on that article make me wonder how much people actually think about these situations. How is she supposed to know he had a mental illness at the time? Its not like criminals fill out a survey when they break in. I get the feeling many of these anti gun activists don't try to place themselves in the mothers shoes.

Being a large guy (6'1" 220ish lbs) i personally feel i would have no trouble physically removing a single intruder provided he did not have a weapon. Its not the same for a mother with her children to think about. I saw another comment by "Doldrums" stating the firearm led to "terrible decision making" and that she should have left her own home to call 911. Now that decision is entirely up to you and is not something you can give as a general solution (surprise, you cant always run) but if i come back to MY home and find an intruder inside I'm going inside and will "assist" them with leaving in a VERY quick manner. I don't need help defending my home, i just need someone to come drag the intruders bubblegum away after.

I have observed that when one person's awareness rises above the constant din and roar of the cultural noise, the primary message of which is complicity, unquestioned/subconscious obeisance to authority and learned victimhood, they often awaken with a bang. A woman, a mother, the primary caretaker and protector of her family doing what she needed to do despite all the constant programming and resultant cognitive dissonance, is not only a personal act of bravery and self defense, it really makes the other sheepeople angry and indignant that someone would rise above the mutually agreed on subservience to the state, and the blissful ignorance of believing that others will somehow always save you; that a person cannot possibly act out of a sense of overt self initiated responsibility and still be a member of the social contract of suspended disbelief that allows for the delsuion that we aren't supposed to, or allowed, to take care of ourselves.
If we believe we have to be victims to allow authority to take care of us, then we cannot possibly be responsible or capable enough to safeguard our personal liberties, civil rights, or freedom.
This isn't unique to liberalism, but is a far too common symptom of a society in decay.
Shine, Perishing Republic.

Here in yUK, where only one in forty-three people own ANY kind of a firearm, what are you to do? Well, according to the recently-revised laws, you can do ANYTHING you like to a burglar, so long as you firmly believe that your life, or that of your loved ones, is in danger.

And you can use anything you might have to hand in order to remove the threat, including getting the BG's weapon off him and using it. This has happened seven times in the last ten years, with six fatal results [perps being the fatalities].

No guns though. As they are locked away when not in use, getting one out of the safe to use it implies a degree of premeditation that is unacceptable in UK law, as the likelihood of the burglar being armed with any kind of firearm is so passing rare as to be negligible.

However, IF you have firearms - usually a shotgun - readily accessible for instant use to protect your livelihood, IOW, you are a pheasant breeder/farmer with livestock, and the threat is immediate and, in your opinion. likely to be one in which you are going to get hurt, then you can feel free to shoot, as the Leicestershire couple did a few years back when they were invaded by a bunch of tooled-up pikeys. They all got shot to sh*t - none fatally, sadly, but the couple got arrested and charged with attempted murder.

After the judge reviewed all the evidence, they walked, and the BGs ended up sharing many years in jail for their [considerable] pains. On sentencing them, the judge opined that anybody who takes on a remote farmhouse and its occupants can expect to get shot to sh*t by them, and that they [the BGs] were lucky not to have been killed or more seriously maimed.

As for the gal defending her kids - good shoot.

tac

Maybe she SHOULD have taken him seriously......she is PARTLY to blame for this
Yea, law enforcement would have gone all CSI on his arse when she reported the whiny twat for the thousandth time.. or are you saying she should have opened her door to him once again and sacrificed her own life for the common good?

Just ask the anties what they would do when someone is beating their brains out (if there are any) in their house with a bat,rock or fist and there is a gun and a cell phone, WHICH WILL THEY GRAB and use first.

"David's life was unnecessarily taken by someone who had multiple opportunities to change the outcome for everyone involved. He has two successful daughters and two wonderful grandsons who greatly miss him."

But..
David had many chances to off himself and save this woman the trouble of shooting him. David also had the opportunity to NOT break into a house where he would attempt to attack the woman.

David is dead. Problem solved.

"David's life was unnecessarily taken by someone who had multiple opportunities to change the outcome for everyone involved. He has two successful daughters and two wonderful grandsons who greatly miss him."

But..
David had many chances to off himself and save this woman the trouble of shooting him. David also had the opportunity to NOT break into a house where he would attempt to attack the woman.

David is dead. Problem solved.
Indeed. David had all the choices.

or are you saying she should have opened her door to him once again and sacrificed her own life for the common good?
No what I am saying is when a friend or family member 'infers' suicide as he did IE
"Good by forever" and "Took all my meds @ once"
You have a responsibility to report it and intervene if necessary. I had to do it with a member of my family once.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top