JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Posted on another forum about how I had to actually buy range pick-up brass from an outfit in Iowa the other week for my .40 S&W. It was $40 for 1000 cases with 14 different head stamps. With shipping, it was nearly $50.

A retired gentleman from Texas messaged me and said he had a bunch of .40 S&W brass he'd scrounged at the local range, along with some 6.5 CM, .270 Win, and .44 Mag cases. He said he doesn't want to bother with selling them and would ship everything to me, if I wanted it. I said my dad and brother both shoot 6.5 CM, .270, and I may get a .44 Mag in the future, so it would all be used.

A week later, a large box arrived weighing over 20 lbs. Inside was about 3000 .40 S&W cases, a few hundered each of 6.5 CM and .270, and about 75 cases of .44 Mag. Most were already cleaned.

And, the guy used to be a military parachute rigger and sewed up all the cases in surplus military cot cloth! Just incredible!

I messaged him back to convey my sincere appreciation and said I will send him some money. He refused and said he just wanted a signed copy of my book.

So tomorrow, I will be sending him the book, along with some twenty dollar bills in the pages... :cool:

Just a cool experience I'd thought I'd share in this time of scarce components and hoarding.

IMG_20201129_194932258.jpg

What book?

"A mystery/thriller based on US Forest Service LEO, Justin Tanner, as he attempts to rebuild his life and confront the truth regarding his wife's killer. Set in Arizona and Northern Idaho, Quartz is the first in a series of an entertaining and introspective look at the life and adventures of a small group of elite lawmen."

I was way off on the counts...

Just got it all sorted and stowed in coffee cans for further sorting and processing.

Didn't bother counting the .40 S&W, but probably 1200 cases based on how much 1000 cases filled up two coffee cans.

205 cleaned .270 Win cases. 59 cleaned 6.5 CM cases, and 53 cleaned and de-primed .44 Mag cases.

Still, I have more than enough .40 S&W now and a lifetime supply of .270 Win cases.

Yl23vOKhQi6eEi2_yVkD4A.jpeg

Posted on another forum about how I had to actually buy range pick-up brass from an outfit in Iowa the other week for my .40 S&W. It was $40 for 1000 cases with 14 different head stamps. With shipping, it was nearly $50.

A retired gentleman from Texas messaged me and said he had a bunch of .40 S&W brass he'd scrounged at the local range, along with some 6.5 CM, .270 Win, and .44 Mag cases. He said he doesn't want to bother with selling them and would ship everything to me, if I wanted it. I said my dad and brother both shoot 6.5 CM, .270, and I may get a .44 Mag in the future, so it would all be used.

A week later, a large box arrived weighing over 20 lbs. Inside was about 3000 .40 S&W cases, a few hundered each of 6.5 CM and .270, and about 75 cases of .44 Mag. Most were already cleaned.

And, the guy used to be a military parachute rigger and sewed up all the cases in surplus military cot cloth! Just incredible!

I messaged him back to convey my sincere appreciation and said I will send him some money. He refused and said he just wanted a signed copy of my book.

So tomorrow, I will be sending him the book, along with some twenty dollar bills in the pages... :cool:

Just a cool experience I'd thought I'd share in this time of scarce components and hoarding.

View attachment 784789
Nice Benchmade there!

"A mystery/thriller based on US Forest Service LEO, Justin Tanner, as he attempts to rebuild his life and confront the truth regarding his wife's killer. Set in Arizona and Northern Idaho, Quartz is the first in a series of an entertaining and introspective look at the life and adventures of a small group of elite lawmen."
Purchased, looks interesting!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top