JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am considering a sale and move out of Washington state. Taxes and politics. Am fully retired, single and own my place. Have scoped out the NW Idaho region and I like the looks of it. Most importantly, the area gun shops/stores. :s0003::s0015::s0114: One of then Black Sheep Sporting Goods and a lot of 'factory blemished' ammo on their shelf. It looked good to me. 7-30 Waters, 375 HnH Mag and LOTS of 416 Rem Mag as well.

There were some others up there as well.

CDA / Post Falls area growing (in population not acreage) fast. Depending on what you want and your snow tolerance I'd suggest towns ~ 15 miles south east or north of CDA.

Yea. And if yer a geez, look for a place that only has one floor, so when you take one step outside and slip on the ice and break your neck it's easy for them to get the gurney to you.
But .416 ammoes.. it'll all be worth it.

lol

Cannot find official hard facts but it's rumored the Coeur d Alene/Post Falls area has grown by 30,000 plus in the last year and the average home sale is 2.5 days and 20,000 over asking price that is already very inflated.

All the farm land in the area is getting sold, divided and houses/apartment complexes are popping up everywhere. I have 10 acres and keep getting calls from developers who what to divide it into two 5-acre plots and build 2 houses to double their money.

The part that irritates me is many of these folks left where they came from as they wanted freedom yet they are already rumbling that the roads are bad and they can't get this or that and want to change it into what they left.

Including gun laws!

So, all I ask is if you want to move here then ask you self why! If it is to be free knowing full well it means living with less government and being more dependent on yourself then welcome. If not then why move here and destroy it for the rest of us.

If you like the Sheep you might try Triple B just down the road from the sheep on Government way. It is a small shop with an ever-changing selection and good prices. No ammo unless you buy a gun but worth checking it out.

Edit spelling

Last Edited:
Really? o_O Just wandering around?
Does that also include waving arms and shouting at hedges or smacking your head muttering?

If so, you probably want to seriously check out Spokane! ;)

Am considering a sale and move out of Washington state. Taxes and politics. Am fully retired, single and own my place. Have scoped out the NW Idaho region and I like the looks of it. Most importantly, the area gun shops/stores. :s0003::s0015::s0114: One of then Black Sheep Sporting Goods and a lot of 'factory blemished' ammo on their shelf. It looked good to me. 7-30 Waters, 375 HnH Mag and LOTS of 416 Rem Mag as well.

Just get out of Thurston county.

Come down to Pacific and hold what we've got. Lewis may not be a lost cause yet either.
This state can be great again if we just pull away from the I 5 corridor and bottle up the homeless with their lefty ,oversympathetic enablers.

Well I shall endeavor to move the color back to scarlet red-ish. No purple or blue for me. Spokane was 'less' screwed up looking than Oly, Tac or Sea, but not by much. The roads are fine and much better than the crap I'm used to in central Pierce county, and I was considering Lewis county for a long while.
Just the continual left slant to all the government policies etc... has worn me down. Hunt, hike, shoot what else is there in life.

Jist consider me a missplet geezer these days.

"a geez", not very respectful of those of us who have worked our keesters off and earned a retirement are you?

Hey, I'm about 8-yrs from retirement and contemplating adding a Harley Geezerglide to the stable…. Embrace the suck, that's what I say!

514F6D71-B4D2-4CAF-A955-A2CC325345C2.jpeg

My husband and I gave up and left Oregon last summer. One of the most difficult decisions I've had to make: left a great gun range (TCGC where I was the first female President), left my acreage with Mt Hood views, left my chickens, my friends, and more. I just couldn't justify the property taxes, worrying about the next legislative session to ban my guns, the filth from bums,...........
We came to Hayden/CDA and have found most people are of like minds. Give up and come here!!

Don't discount southern idaho, or western montana as well... I think montana is a little lower key, whilst still having some good fishing ;)

also, if you don't have a wife and kids, why not Wyoming? also beautiful country good for men and dogs, but hard on women and children ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top