JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am considering a sale and move out of Washington state. Taxes and politics. Am fully retired, single and own my place. Have scoped out the NW Idaho region and I like the looks of it. Most importantly, the area gun shops/stores. :s0003::s0015::s0114: One of then Black Sheep Sporting Goods and a lot of 'factory blemished' ammo on their shelf. It looked good to me. 7-30 Waters, 375 HnH Mag and LOTS of 416 Rem Mag as well.

There were some others up there as well.
Well I think it's a good time to sell if you're looking to leave. Graham is a popular spot right now. Took us a couple months to get an offer accepted and we were making strong offers in the Graham area. We're looking forward to a nice, quiet neighborhood with a lot less crazy people than Tacoma

Is Idaho state government taking any precautions to try and help insulate the increasing "blueness" of the state?

For example, is there a state law that says that city municipalities cannot pass local ordinances that are in conflict with state gun laws? And/or what other things are they doing in this regard?

Getting closer. The property lists tomorrow. Will move into a friendly rental for about a year, while I'm deciding .... recently saw a nice article about 5 counties in Oregon trying to secede and join 'Greater Idaho'!

Spent a couple weeks in May in the Idaho panhandle. Love the area we but have not spent a winter there.
Camping in Harrison, ID
1622645066492.png
Bike trail near Kellogg. Beautiful 72 mile "Trail of the Coeur d'Alene's" bike trail. No hills!
1622645327405.png

Is Idaho state government taking any precautions to try and help insulate the increasing "blueness" of the state?

For example, is there a state law that says that city municipalities cannot pass local ordinances that are in conflict with state gun laws? And/or what other things are they doing in this regard?
Look to history! What happened to the Bonus Army? Despite all the 'lip service' of the elites, America does have a class system just like Britain and other countries. It may be subtle but it is there. It can be mitigated somewhat but it will surface and will be protected when the perceived need arises. Idaho legislators made sure citizen participation in Democracy (e.g. ballot initiatives) won't impede their agendas. Contrary to what the developers, realtors etc. proclaim, Idaho is still a feudal state! They 'hide' the homeless and blame the unemployed for their unwillingness to work, tokenism is widespread and is used by the elites. So, bottom line, fix where you live and don't bring your issues here!

Am considering a sale and move out of Washington state. Taxes and politics. Am fully retired, single and own my place. Have scoped out the NW Idaho region and I like the looks of it. Most importantly, the area gun shops/stores. :s0003::s0015::s0114: One of then Black Sheep Sporting Goods and a lot of 'factory blemished' ammo on their shelf. It looked good to me. 7-30 Waters, 375 HnH Mag and LOTS of 416 Rem Mag as well.

There were some others up there as well.
Income tax in ID, that's why I'm moving as far east as I can and remain in WA

also, if you don't have a wife and kids, why not Wyoming? also beautiful country good for men and dogs, but hard on women and children ;)
Why/how do you think Wyoming is good for men and dogs but hard on women and children? (Not objecting or arguing. Just want to know.)

It's not that we don't want like minded individuals here...its that we don't want increased traffic, overcrowding, new homes and developments popping up everywhere and changing the landscape and beauty...You know...like what's already happened in WA and OR...and is happening in the treasure valley area at a rapid pace. btw it will be 101 today in Boise...hope y'all like triple digit heat!

Granted I too moved to Idaho from Washington, but I bought an existing 100 year old house. Didn't change the landscape, didn't take any jobs away from anyone else as I work remotely and my job is still WA based. And there was no bidding war on my house, or paying more than it was worth... I even got the seller to pay the closing costs :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top