JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what I am told you must invest about $60-70 in a kit to cure the Ruger trigger problem. Ruger the company is lawsuit shy and sets most of their triggers at a pull that only the Terminator would not pull the rifle off target. Takes some getting used to for sure but I do intend to put in that kit in mine at some future date.

the rugers are tough rifles and they will be around and outlive most of us.
It doesn't take a $60-70 kit to make the 10/22 trigger much nicer. There are DIY instructions on rimfirecentral.com or you can send it to BrimstoneGunsmithing - Brimstone Gunsmithing and him do it for you. His basic trigger job is $40 shipped and he does excellent work.

It doesn't take a $60-70 kit to make the 10/22 trigger much nicer. There are DIY instructions on rimfirecentral.com or you can send it to BrimstoneGunsmithing - Brimstone Gunsmithing and him do it for you. His basic trigger job is $40 shipped and he does excellent work.

If its $40 for the work and you have to pay for shipping both ways too, you will be out a lot more than the $60 - $70 for the trigger kit. Unless the guy lives next door.

I like 10/22s but never shot one that was very accurate. I sold my last one and own a Savage bolt 22 that is much more accurate. What is the opinion of the target 10/22s with the heavy barrel? They shoot much better.

I think I am the only one that dislikes the Ruger 10-22. In its stock configuration it is heavy with a heavy trigger pull, hard to work bolt, and a thin barrel. It also costs 75% more than other comparable 22's.
Have you ever owned or shot a 10/22? I own a synthetic stock it is very light. The trigger is better then my buddies savage my remingtons and marlin out of the box. It is more reliable than the savage and more accurate then the savage and one of my remingtons as well. If you can't work a bolt on a 10/22 I think that's more your issue then the gun. You complain about a thin barrel then complain about weight? They do make different barrel profiles. When it comes to cost you generally get what you pay for :s0159:

You ever had a Nylon 66? The largest problem with the heavy bolt pull on a 10-22 is that the recoil spring is off center. If you look in me previous post I recognized that the synthetic versions are lighter and still cost $75 more than many other great .22's.

Have you ever owned or shot a 10/22? I own a synthetic stock it is very light. The trigger is better then my buddies savage my remingtons and marlin out of the box. It is more reliable than the savage and more accurate then the savage and one of my remingtons as well. If you can't work a bolt on a 10/22 I think that's more your issue then the gun. You complain about a thin barrel then complain about weight? They do make different barrel profiles. When it comes to cost you generally get what you pay for :s0159:

Edit: And Yes I have Shot many 10-22's and cleaned many of them!

You ever had a Nylon 66? The largest problem with the heavy bolt pull on a 10-22 is that the recoil spring is off center. If you look in me previous post I recognized that the synthetic versions are lighter and still cost $75 more than many other great .22's.

Edit: And Yes I have Shot many 10-22's and cleaned many of them!

What .22 cost $75 less is as reliable as a 10/22. I have wore out a marlin 60 and have a broken stevens 887. If I ever do break a part on the 10/22 I know I can get parts easily and get them cheap. There are'nt many guns the average gun owner can do a barrel swap in 5 mins or less or at all for that matter

A fairy dies every time you speak ill of the 10/22.

I agree, but then in Portland we have plenty.

The 10-22 is very popular and a big time seller. All those buyers cannot be wrong. Look at the sales of the new takedown 10-22 at a high price of about $369 give or take. Selling like hotcakes.

Fantastic rifles in my opinion, I have two and love them. Plan to buy a takedown soon.

He said it's $40 shipped.
Assuming that covers only the return shipping, the only additional cost would be the initial shipping. Bringing the total cost to ~$55

Actually, it's more like $45 (or less) when you factor in your shipping cost to Dave. The $40 is $35 for the trigger job + $5 shipping back to you, and it was worth every penny. I got a trigger with a 2 1/4 lb pull, smooth and crisp with very little take-up.

Years ago I had three rifles. Two had infrequent issues and the third, the 10/22 fired 1000 rounds straight with never an issue. If I was in trouble I would have grabbed the .22 and left the 5.56 and .308 on the floor.

I know .22s are not supposed to be reliable and all that jazz, but with the right ammo AND tinkering, they can be very reliable.

Years ago I had three rifles. Two had infrequent issues and the third, the 10/22 fired 1000 rounds straight with never an issue. If I was in trouble I would have grabbed the .22 and left the 5.56 and .308 on the floor.

I know .22s are not supposed to be reliable and all that jazz, but with the right ammo AND tinkering, they can be very reliable.

The 10/22 I bought two years ago got very reliable after shooting a couple hundred rounds of cheap ammo from 25 round mags. Before then it would have feeding problems.

A friend of mine bought a newer one with a synthetic stock and they are quite a bit lighter. I really think its the AR15 guys that like them, because they can put all sorts of shiny parts on them. these are the people that I think buy 10-22's

Owned and shot many 10/22's and I have to admit I don't even look at the others even thought I know there are many good ones out there. I am also a bit of an AR guy and I do enjoy putting lots of parts on but they are all black, not shiny...
Seriously, I love the 10/22 for a ton of reasons and have been able to easily improve the trigger with a little polishing. Main reason I think is just that I have had one or more for so long I am just in my comfort zone. I do also respect the 10/22 haters out there.

Bill is rolling over as I read this thread... I love the 10/22. Mine have taught more new-shooters the fundamentals than I can count. The ones I own are plenty accurate for their intended use, and they are reliable as well.

Bill is rolling over as I read this thread... I love the 10/22. Mine have taught more new-shooters the fundamentals than I can count. The ones I own are plenty accurate for their intended use, and they are reliable as well.

I believe all of this to be true, recently it seems that many folks lean towards them because everyone has them. I believe for alot of folks there are better choices. I guess I'm one of those fringe gun guys :s0131: that likes to do everything different. :D

I think I am the only one that dislikes the Ruger 10-22. In its stock configuration it is heavy with a heavy trigger pull, hard to work bolt, and a thin barrel. It also costs 75% more than other comparable 22's.
My brother has had one for many years and I noticed that as time goes on, the trigger feel improves.
However, my dad's Mossberg (142 A or K) always had a better trigger. Maybe because it's older.

Dean

I love the 10/22 and we have two of them tricked out with red dots, Volquartsen lowers, (Trigger housing) exact edge extractors and 16 inch Clerke fluted heavy barrels, folding Butler Creek stocks

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top