JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife suggested hanging one of our EBRs above the fireplace like they used to do back in the day. Needless to say, I jumped all over this idea and permamently mounted a clip body to the wall and, voila, the modern day gun mount.

I keep a loaded mag close by for SHTF. :s0155:

I was just wondering if anyone else does this, or do you keep your stuff locked up or hidden?

Last Edited:
If my wife would let me do this, I would be all over it! I do have one suggestion, however. You may want to mount it facing the other way so you can push the mag release a little easier. My 2 cents.

My Wife would let me do something like this, but I choose to keep firearms
out of sight for the most part. In my opinion there is no reason to tempt
someone into wanting into my home without a invite, putting all involved
in a situation that might have been avoidable.

Last Edited:
:s0155: That's cool. I'm not sure what it would look like, but some kind of display around it might make it look better than "untitled - Gun on Wall" Maybe a piece of ghillie cloth or an OD Mat Board.

My 2-cents... do what you want. :) I just wish sometimes mine didn't have to be in the safe or the quick access box in the bedroom.

Happy decorating

My wife suggested hanging one of our EBRs above the fireplace like they used to do back in the day. Needless to say, I jumped all over this idea and permamently mounted a clip body to the wall and, voila, the modern day gun mount.

I keep a loaded mag close by for SHTF. :s0155:

I was just wondering if anyone else does this, or do you keep your stuff locked up or hidden?

Take a look at #6 and #7............
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3024&highlight=firearm+stand+wall+mount

My Wife would let me do something like this, but I choose to keep firearms
out of sight for the most part. In my opinion there is no reason to tempt
someone into wanting into my home without a invite, putting all involved
in a situation that might have been avoidable.

This. Plus I have 3 children, so I keep everything locked up. Keeping something around for home defense isn't that easy with 3 curious kids.

I would love to display my guns especially over our fireplace mantle, but unfortunately where i live I would just be tempting fate,, having my sh*t stolen..

Hang a functional weapon on the wall? Bad idea. I would have to question ones assesment of their homes security.

The potential risk is not worth the potential gain.

Go buy a nice airsoft and mount it up there.

Last Edited:
:s0155: That's cool. I'm not sure what it would look like, but some kind of display around it might make it look better than "untitled - Gun on Wall" Maybe a piece of ghillie cloth or an OD Mat Board.

My 2-cents... do what you want. :) I just wish sometimes mine didn't have to be in the safe or the quick access box in the bedroom.

Happy decorating

I like the border idea! Hmm....

Unless it was some artifact or relic type of weapon, I just would not hang any firearm on display like that. It's a safety thing for me. My opinion is, if a thief doesn't see it, they're less likely to take it.

I've had a couple folks purchase our wall mount system to do just this. One gentleman purchased one to mount inside his walk in closet, upside down so gravity would help it come to his grip.

Our mounts are configurable many ways to suit your needs/wants. Plus, they all use the magazine release so if it up high enough, and your kids don't know how to use the mag release, you're good.

I think mounting a working rifle or pistols for display is a great idea. Just keep some loaded mags close, out of sight and out of reach of small kids and you're good to cover your family, should you need to do so.

http://www.firearmstands.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=ARWALLMOUNT

Also, if you'd like something special, we are called Custom Firearm Stands, Inc. for a reason... :s0155:

Mike

I to have the have a little one in the house so mounting ANYTHING on the wall would be a disaster. The little dare devil would find some way to get it down. Teh other problem is that my wife would kill me if i maunted a gun on our wall, she says i don't care if u have them i just dont want to see them around the house

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top