JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:DNever really have been interested in an ak platform but for some reason I want to add one to the stable. Why in the hell are they almost all over the price of an ar. Is it the wrong time to buy one of these or are there some deals I'm missing out on? I like the idea of buying one and running anything threw it and beating it to the ground. Anyone have some ak advise?

I would recommend an AK from Palmetto but they haven't sent me my replacement nor have they have answered any of my 10 emails or phone calls over the last month. Arsenal makes some good stuff of course. I've heard a lot of good things about the DDI AKs. Personally, if you're on about budget, I've had good experiences with WASRs and NPAPS too. RAS47 and a lot of IOs get knocked because of cast parts.

IO and the RAS47 gets knocked because of their reputation and parts.

PSA is okay, DDI is okay(?). IMHO, just get a WASR and replace the wood with better wood. Or save up and buy an Arsenal (which I need to do someday tbh).

Check out Palmetto State Armory ~$650

Or IO inc ~ $500-$550 all US made and nicest trigger ever.

Best advice I can give: Don't buy an underfolder. Worst cheek weld, ever.

Also, if you're serious and know you're getting one, start getting some mags now. Yugoslavian with bolt hold back are nice. I think AIM has them for 9 or 10 bucks each.

I've had two AK's. The last one I never even shot. Just can't get excited about the platform. I'm an AR guy, but I agree AR's are found insanely cheap nowadays.

I've had two AK's. The last one I never even shot. Just can't get excited about the platform. I'm an AR guy, but I agree AR's are found insanely cheap nowadays.
Kalashnikov would be disappointed. Tisk tisk.

Nah, I never really got into AKs either. That's why its on the "wait till later" list indefinitely. Except a Galil, that's one "AK" I must have as soon as I can get to it.

PSA bought DDI, might be some cheep AKs coming, but not a fan of PSA anymore
What turned you off of PSA? I have bought a lot of their crap (I actually have two of their AK's) Their customer service is poor but I have only had a couple reasons to interact with customer service over probability 40-50 transactions

What turned you off of PSA? I have bought a lot of their crap (I actually have two of their AK's) Their customer service is poor but I have only had a couple reasons to interact with customer service over probability 40-50 transactions

I'm curious as well......

customer service worsening and just report after report of credit card information getting stolen after people bought at PSA. (that and the incomplete bolt with my AK kit)

So psa rifles are ddi? Psa is becoming the cheapest on any parts but I can agree there customer service sucks. Very nice people just response times are very long. I was reading some reviews that ddi where great rifles.

Also as far as mags are the mags from aim the best. I may start stacking them deep and worry about the rifle when prices drop. Also what about magpul mags

ARs are cheap right now because the market is flooded.

I never had an itch for an AK until reading two articles Nathaniel F of the Firearm Blog – who's an engineer – wrote on the technical reasons behind the platform's reliability. I had no idea how much Kalishnikov cribbed from Garand. Now I want an AK just to take it apart and learn :p

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...lashnikovs-magic-aspiring-gun-designers-part/

6 Reasons the AK-47 Is the Most Reliable Rifle in the World: A Guide to Kalashnikov's Magic for Aspiring Gun Designers, Part II - The Firearm Blog

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top