JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
okay a little while back i traded a stevens shotgun and a couple boxes of cheap ammo to someone for a atc... i gathered some ammo and put them in the little boxes they come in.. I clearly left all my prints on each shell.. what if someone commits a crime leaving a shell casing behind with my prints?? Like if they didnt leave prints on them and just mine are on there?? do you guys touch ammo you sell or trade???

I don't worry about that any more than I do about trading/selling a gun that has my fingerprints all over it. Presumably you are trading/selling the gun and ammo to someone that is not a prohibited person which minimizes your "exposure" and in turn if they did use the ammo for some unlawful purpose they would also have to handle it to load the gun and get their fingerprints all over it. You're sweating over nothing!

okay a little while back i traded a stevens shotgun and a couple boxes of cheap ammo to someone for a atc... i gathered some ammo and put them in the little boxes they come in.. I clearly left all my prints on each shell.. what if someone commits a crime leaving a shell casing behind with my prints?? Like if they didnt leave prints on them and just mine are on there?? do you guys touch ammo you sell or trade???

How many things have you picked up at the store while shopping.
What if some of those end up in the home of someone that was murdered.
Stop worring about any of it. Your finger prints and everyone else s are all over the country.

What if you sell someone a car and then they run a pedestrian down or what if you pick up a hammer in Home Depot and then someone bludgeons someone with it? You're worried about nothing. Remember this though; just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that they're NOT out to get you!

If Ive handled the ammo I think the exact thing.
I only sell or trade off ammo I haven't handled.

Its a matter of time before they tie that into a manslaughter case.. Especially if it was from a private sale to a person who then committed a crime or perhaps had an ND with a the said firearm..

With this current political climate.. I won't put it past those bastards.
9/10 nothings gunna happen.. But you never know.

I don't think you are paranoid at all I wear gloves whenever I handle any guns or ammo. They are a special glove but are very expensive. They are called the worry wart they cost about 600.00 a pair. You can find them at worrywart.com. If you can't find them shoot me a pm I have an extra pair I would sell ya.

Who in their right mind would sell their ammo??

I haven't sold ammo, but I have traded it off when it was no longer needed. Case in point, my .22-250 got rebarreled to a 7mm-08. Now I have a some .22-250 ammunition, brass, and reloading components I no longer need. I put it up on here and traded it all for another rifle that came with......wait for it.....AMMO!!! :shocked: On my list of $h!t to worry about this is right below getting sucked up by a tornado and meeting my exact twin in Wal-Mart.

Well, first of all, the actual odds of something happening are infinitesemally small.

Then, the fingerprints on the casing would only be 1/2 the problem.

The other half is that you'd have to have been previously arrested and fingerprinted and be in the system in order for the cops to do anything with it. (or if you bought new then the store clerk would had to make a perfect print which is unlikely. AND!!! Prints are hardly ever matched out of the blue, usually they are matched against a suspect or a pool of suspects. You'd have to leave a perfect print on the shell case and the scanner and even then it's not 100%.

Then, you'd have to have no/or a bad alibi when the crime occurred.

And frankly, once people find out you're the weird guy wiping prints off of everything I think you're gonna invite more problems that you would have otherwise.

Unless it's a .22 shell because everybody knows they are specially coated so the fuzz can get perfect prints on those. Always wash your .22's in windex before shooting those.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top