Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Always looking for places to shoot

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by ajgunner, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ajgunner

ajgunner Molalla, OR Active Member

This was 2 weeks ago at a place we sometime shoot. I am always looking for close places that are not covered in trash. This is my son and his first try with a .44 mag. He backed off of my flame thrower loads but was really into the cheap factory loads. I even got him to try out the 7mm. Pretty sure he was sore the next day but there was no way he would admit to it. That is a S&W airweight on his belt, and yes he does know how to use it.;)

If you need a place out this direction to shoot, PM and I will give you directions. Likewise if you have a spot in my area that I don't know about, please share it.

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

PM SENT. what is the distance at your spot.

And remind me not to piss your kid off ( :

3. mr1911

mr1911 Oregon New Member

That pistol needs a kickstand, LOL

4. rap_55

rap_55 Burlington New Member

Always great to see young folks getting in to the shooting sports, and looks like he's haveing a great time. Let me know if that spot is in the NW part of the state.

Thanks Rick

5. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

I was going to ask if you've ever been to crooked finger but that place looks a lot like it. lol. I see your in Molalla, i'm in Silverton. You been out shooting this year?

6. ajgunner

ajgunner Molalla, OR Active Member

It is the landing up Crooked Finger. We now have access to private grounds without the trash and closer to home.

7. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

Right on, it always helps to have buddies with property. Yeah, I gotta admit, there is a lot of trash up there. I haven't been up there since hunting season though. Congrats on teaching your boy to shoot. :thumbup: At what age did you start to introduce him to shooting?