JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
26 Rattlesnakes Under This Texas Deer Blind Is the Making for a Nightmare and a Viral Facebook Post
Too many snakes, too many snakes...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/adv...ng-for-a-nightmare-and-a-viral-facebook-post/

landscape-1458739225-untitled-1.jpg

Hope they had some shot shells!

TX deer hunting is kind of a joke. They have auto feeders that drop grain every day at a certain time so the animals know when and where to get food - so do the hunters. Saw lots of tree blinds not 20 yards from the feeders.

TX deer hunting is kind of a joke. They have auto feeders that drop grain every day at a certain time so the animals know when and where to get food - so do the hunters. Saw lots of tree blinds not 20 yards from the feeders.
Sadly this was how my first deer hunting trip was in Texas :(

sadly, this is how some people want it to be like by privatizing our public lands even here in the northwest. In Oregon, right now.... an entire state forest is up for sale.

Kill all the snakes!

And then people wonder why they are overrun by gophers, "sage rats", mice, rabbits and so on. :rolleyes:

I dislike snakes as much as the next person - it gives me the willies just to see a pic like that - but they do serve a purpose.

No rattlesnakes on my mountain - too cold and wet - but the local garter snakes do really like the transformer that feeds my house (underground utilities). I leave them alone.

Every time I've hunted in TX, my blinds have always been elevated.... I do recall the ranch having one blind that was on the ground though.

But it's true. Feeders everywhere with the binds lined up within 100 yards of them.

Every time I've hunted in TX, my blinds have always been elevated.... I do recall the ranch having one blind that was on the ground though.

But it's true. Feeders everywhere with the binds lined up within 100 yards of them.

Rattlers are probably one of the reasons they are almost all up in the air:D

I've seen the same, mostly in the air but have also seen some that I would call more of a screen made on the ground and using long sticks to make a wall.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top