Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Always Check Your Ammo

Reactions
Good catch! The bent neck wouldn't concern me much (other than an adverse effect on accuracy), but the loose bullet could possibly get shoved back into the case on chambering. That's not quite as dangerous in a rifle caliber as it is in a handgun, but it's still very much best avoided.

Pete F

Reactions
Finding .375 Winchester is very difficult at times. Winchester only makes runs every 7-8 years or so. I bough some boxes online and checked each bullet. At around $2.50 a round, you want to make sure each is good. I found a box with several rounds that had loose bullets. One was halfway down into the case - not good for a lever action round. I sent Winchester pictures and they made it right, but it was a pain.

Every box that I bought from a store was carefully inspected. I got some interesting looks from the store employees.

EPS

Reactions
Good catch! The bent neck wouldn't concern me much (other than an adverse effect on accuracy), but the loose bullet could possibly get shoved back into the case on chambering. That's not quite as dangerous in a rifle caliber as it is in a handgun, but it's still very much best avoided.
I have had a few cheap 7.62/39 do this.
And had a batch of seller and ballet 45acp do it once.

Mikej

Reactions
Yup bulk ammo in a ammo can of 500 rounds. I just got a check from them of $15.00 for my trouble
I don't have a heck of a lot of experience, but I have seen issues with the white box stuff that were similar in nature.

coyoteman5

Reactions
I don't have a heck of a lot of experience, but I have seen issues with the white box stuff that were similar in nature.
Except this one issue it functions great and shoots nicely out of my pistol better than Remington bucket ammo did. I have try their green and white box ammo yet.

ma96782

Reactions
IMG-3957.jpg

OK, with this one, I only found out afterwards.

I pulled the trigger on my 91/30 Mosin Nagant. Hummm.....the primer popped. But, it didn't recoil as expected. So, I opened the bolt and extracted the round. Yup. the bullet was still on the neck of the cartridge, only there was no primer where it should have been. Rrrrright…….even the commies can make mistakes. Note: no flash holes.

Aloha, Mark

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Revelation Arms
    1.00 star(s)
    I will preface this with the fact that this poor reference is only based on my experience...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Wildcat Mountain
    5.00 star(s)
    This is my family's and my selfs favorite spot to go for hand gun practice and just plinking...
    • Tccae708
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    What a great deal on transfers. Good guy and he makes it very easy. He had fast communication...
    • glorydays4ever
  • Cerberus Training Group
    5.00 star(s)
    Feedback from John Wells-Henderson, an avid shooter re: the 1-day Run the Gun Pistol class...
    • rutilate
  • Cerberus Training Group
    5.00 star(s)
    Here was a review from John Wells-Henderson, an experienced rifle shooter from the 1-day Run the...
    • rutilate

Staff online