JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For any that have used it, just how durable is it? I intend to machine custom bottom metal for my Howa mini-action Grendel this winter, aluminum is a lot easier to machine that steel with my mini-mill, but I don't want a shiny silver piece on my otherwise black/grey rifle. I've tried the so-called aluminum "blueing" products in the past, total waste of time and money. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Dave

Cerakote probably has the best range of colors to choose from. A bit of an investment if you
want to do it correctly yourself.
Take a look at KG Guncote. A bit less involved for a casual user, but less color selection.
Durakote is probably the least involved, but in my experience it doesn't have the wear resistance
of the others. Might not be an issue on bottom metal?

I used it a couple of times years ago. It's a good looking finish, but will wear more quickly than cerakote.
I have no experience with duracoated guns, but have been happy with cerakoted guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top