JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is NOT a thread about trashing BiMart. I made that a nullity by framing the question:

Where are gun owners that do not wish to support any business that runs afoul of our 2A rights supposed to shop?

If we stipulate that denying buying privileges to those under 21 is an unforgivable sin, OK. Done.

What are the alternatives???

This is NOT a thread about trashing BiMart. I made that a nullity by framing the question:

Where are gun owners that do not wish to support any business that runs afoul of our 2A rights supposed to shop?

If we stipulate that denying buying privileges to those under 21 is an unforgivable sin, OK. Done.

Quadruple pay in the classifieds.. from people that bought it at Bi-Mart.
Good talk.

C'mon, that is a drive by. OK, roll my own.

Still skirts the question - Unless you own an ore mine, you are going to be buying bullets bits from somewhere.

The question remains.
A 1.5 cubic foot lunk of bull pine will hold approximately 4,000 9mm/.38 bullets. Throw it in the fire to recycle the lead. Or start digging berms for free also.

While I think BiMart's decision wasn't the best on the age thing for purchase, it did drive those affected to other LGS who would cater to them. So I see that as a positive to offset that negative. If they go the way of Dick's and Walmart, then I will shop elsewhere and return my green card to them. However, I think they already know what the consequences of such a move would be.

A lot of online retailers have ammo now and then but you're competing with the entire country for them so the price is gonna be up there. Otherwise, drive around burning $4 fuel in an attempt to get lucky enough to pay above retail for something on a shelf somewhere. And it won't be much volume.

The answer seems to be swallow your pride and buy from bimart, waste fuel and bend over or surf the web and bend over. Or buy from the people who bought from bimart and.... bend over

Not many grocery/home goods stores out there that sell ammo and guns as well.

Bimart is a dying breed of stores that were of the not so distant past. Many stores existed back before where they sold ammo/guns right along with groceries and home goods.

I would not be surprised if I live to see the day bimart stops selling ammo/guns.

I know there are other threads with this same concept and I've thought about this many times.

Let's see, if i boycott any place that doesn't eat/sleep/drink the 2A, and support the 2A whole-heartedly, where would I spend any of my money - not just buying firearm related items. Food, gas, clothes, furniture, etc....

If you are referring to just firearm related items, then by the time you order online, pay shipping, wait times, might as well just run to a 2A friendly brick-and-mortar store and pay their exorbitant prices.

I don't like supporting non-2A friendly places just as much as the next guy. But I am not going to pay $35+ for a T-shirt that is just going to end up with holes and grease/oil stains in the first 6 months.

(...following...)

I am not asking about availability - that is not the criterion used in judging BiMart.

Buying online supports credit card companies and couriers that hate guns.

Sidenote: Buying at BiMart, in person, with cash, is as close to an untraceable retail transaction one could make. Everything purchased online forms a trail that leads to your mailbox.

Not many grocery/home goods stores out there that sell ammo and guns as well.

Bimart is a dying breed of stores that were of the not so distant past. Many stores existed back before where they sold ammo/guns right along with groceries and home goods.

I would not be surprised if I live to see the day bimart stops selling ammo/guns.
Back in their early days in California, Trader Joe's used to sell ammo. True story.

I buy most of my ammo online from Target Sports. They have very little ammo available, and when they do, the price is horrendous.

I am fortunate that I have plenty of ammo.

If my stockpile was non-existant, I just plain don't know where I'd get ammo without paying the high prices of scalpers or sky-high prices in a store or online, when they do have a small batch for sale.

Where I am now, there is no BiMart. I drool over the fact that their shelves are not empty. I am thrilled if the Academy in my area has a total of 10 boxes of ammo on the shelf. It is usually either less common calibers like .350 legend or 5.45 or is high end brands running 4 times as much as standard range ammo. Still 10 boxes is like heaven compared to the empty shelves with ZERO boxes for months. I managed to snag a base level 10/22 they got in and they let me buy 2 100 round packs of CCI with it that they had held back for gun buyers.

If you want an answer, you can usually find what you want at an LGS but most of them have a much lower volume sale than a national chain. Right now lots of them cannot even get ammo because it is dolled out on a volume basis. So if the supply runs out before they get to them on the list, they do not get a shipment this week. People on that list also include online vendors. A lot of those stores in my area are standing in line at places similar to BiMart or other sporting stores to buy ammo as it is delivered to mark up on their shelves. This is more so they have product and get people to keep coming in than to gouge people. Partially it is also to keep someone from buying it all and selling it off their hood down at the Flea market.. So even buying at an LGS, you might be buying BiMart ammo.

It sucks when a national chain makes changes like this, but in reality, it is hard to get enough people to boycott them for them to even notice. People screamed about Walmart dropping certain guns and ammo, but I bet they did not even see 1/100 of a percent of revenue dip. The whole reason these places can sell the ammo as cheap as they do is because of volume. Right now there are so many new gun buyers needing ammo that there is no way you are going to ding that volume.

You can only boycott so many places and services before you stop being able to buy anything anywhere. The days of stopping by the locally owned little store to get a burger at the grill, a box of ammo, a shotgun , a fishing license, and some fishing tackle are long gone. Even back at one point, if you were buying military surplus ammo in certain calibers, you were indirectly supporting the ComBloc countries who were selling it off to US Importers by the train load.

So hopefully you find somewhere, but the odds are against you.

i still shop at bimart and will continue shopping at bimart.in my opinion, if we as gun owners keep canceling business' or anything we dont agree with we're no different than the people that we complain about canceling us and the things we stand for. for example: many people were done with Black Rifle Coffee company after Evan Hafer donated money to Tulsi Gabbard. ya shes a gun grabber but shes also a veteran. she served our country. doesnt mean i agree with ANY of her politics tho.. thats why he donated money to her. because shes a veteran. NOT because she supports gun control. a lot of people(including myself at first) wanted nothing more to do with them when infact, they support out veterans and do WAY more good than harm. after hearing an explanation, i figured i wouldnt fall into the cancel culture game that the MSM pushes on anything they dont agree with.

wont bother me if people stop shopping wherever... thats their business. not mine.

just my .02

How did that grape boycott work out for our economy, note that Safeway was selling matches made in Russia at the same time the call was out to boycott grapes from Safeway. Recall the balloon effect, actions have consequences and not always the one you expect. Bi mart will be good to go regardless of 'politics'! It's all about the $$$.

The fact of the matter is, there are some things you have to buy. I'm not going to sew my own clothes, make my own shoes or grow all of my own food. It's just not feasible. Therefore one is forced to purchase these necessities somewhere. Bi-Mart is by far the least offensive politically of any of the stores in our area so we always go to Bi-Mart first when shopping. If they don't have what we want we either adjust our wants to fit Bi-Mart's stock or go someplace else. No, I don't agree with the 21-or-over gun sale rule, nor the "No Sales to Washington Residents" rule at their Oregon stores, but compared to the "Woke" BS at Fred Meyers and the like it is a minor annoyance. Factor in that I would much rather deal with a Bi-Mart employee than an employee of most of their competition, the Bi-Mart prices are always reasonable if not the cheapest, and I feel less likely to get shivved in the Bi-Mart parking lot than at Freddies, et al.

C'mon, that is a drive by. OK, roll my own.

Still skirts the question - Unless you own an ore mine, you are going to be buying bullets bits from somewhere.

The question remains.
Am I to understand, that you are unable to find and or buy components as they come around? I started reloading this year, money spent upfront saves the rear.

A couple places to look daily is midway natches and brownells.

That was free

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads