JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was looking at the classifieds and noticed another member who used a laptop case as pmag storage, brilliant!!

So how bout some other creative ideas for discreet storage.
20170116_111636.jpg

Problem is, lappy case still screams "laptop, valuable inside!" It may not raise an eyebrow from the Militant Hoplophobe love-child of Sarah Brady and a demonically-possessed pile of monkey crap next door, but to the schmucks casing the hood...

It is clever, and without the larcenous factor would be very nice discreet-carry.

I've often thought of using and empty first aid box either plastic or metal to store/carry ammunition or a handgun in. Many have secure clasps on the lid and a rubber seal/vapor barrier. One could line them with foam rubber to protect a firearm and reduce rattling.
It could be in the trunk or even visible but if it had a weapon remember that it is now concealed.
I even considered a soft sided lunch cooler.
015169.jpg

I just put them in 50cal ammo cans in a safe...

If I'm going to bug out or something like that (very unlikely), I have a wheel barrow I suppose.

For every day carry, I have a couple bags I use and the weather/destination/activity dictates which I take.

I've often thought of using and empty first aid box either plastic or metal to store/carry ammunition or a handgun in. Many have secure clasps on the lid and a rubber seal/vapor barrier. One could line them with foam rubber to protect a firearm and reduce rattling.
It could be in the trunk or even visible but if it had a weapon remember that it is now concealed.
I even considered a soft sided lunch cooler.
View attachment 339013
You might be interested in these then. Deceit & Discreet Archives - G Outdoors
I bought some for my brother and dad. My first aid kit is a little big.

IMG_2153.JPG IMG_2154.JPG

If I'm going to bug out or something like that (very unlikely), I have a wheel barrow I suppose.
Here is Joe13 practicing his bug-out plan!
ZOMG.jpg

:p:cool::D

I do the same, I have ammo cans for the ammo at home. *gasps* "That's right, I use them as intended!

for any bugging out type of events, a duffle bag works wonder. Even those skinny lawn chair bags also work pretty good.

You might be interested in these then. Deceit & Discreet Archives - G Outdoors
I bought some for my brother and dad. My first aid kit is a little big.

View attachment 339014 View attachment 339015

Honest question. Why do you need so many magazines? I have a couple of pistols right now and am looking at getting my first AR very soon. I constantly see people with dozens/hundreds of magazines. Why is that? Do you keep them all full?

Sorry to thread-jack.

Honest question. Why do you need so many magazines? I have a couple of pistols right now and am looking at getting my first AR very soon. I constantly see people with dozens/hundreds of magazines. Why is that? Do you keep them all full?

Sorry to thread-jack.

He doesn't need to justify his actions to you.
If he wants to have as many mags as he can, all the power to him. Thats true liberty right there. He has the right to get as much as he wants, and you have to right to get as few as you need or want, and everybody here has the right to get whatever they want, as long as they are well informed.

I personally have lots of metal magazines because there is a threat of magazine bans coming from the Oregon Legislature, as well as ammo quotas or some such, because Oregon's Democrats, several of them at the minimum, wants to follow California and New York with the help of M. Bloomberg's millions.

TL/DR, "because he can and doesn't need to justify it"

m at the minimum, wants to follow California and New York with the

Wow, sorry I asked. I was not trying to be condescending or judgemental. It was more of a "Should I buy lots of magazines when I get my AR?" The second part of your answer is what I was looking for.

Thank you.

Sorry to thread-jack.
We don't use the N-word around here. My mags are full, and that's not all of them. I justify the type and amount to myself. You do what you want. I don't hold anyone to my standards, but me. If you're asking how many you SHOULD have, I would say at least one.

Wow, sorry I asked. I was not trying to be condescending or judgemental. It was more of a "Should I buy lots of magazines when I get my AR?" The second part of your answer is what I was looking for.

Thank you.
Just I am tired of my own liberal acquaintances asking me "why do you need this, that, " et cetera, when it doesn't match their own opinions on how people should live. It applies to cars, it applies to equipment, it applies to collection of gear, it applies to pretty much everything.

@Gbirk Better to have and not need, than need and not have--if the fit hits the shan, I'd rather have my ammo stash mostly loaded-up in mags and ready for the balloon to go up than fight with filling 'em up while I have a zillion other things on my mind.

Thank you all for the answers you provided. Sounds like I will be OK with a couple of mags to start out with and get some experience with the AR. In just the few months I have been lurking on this forum I have learned a lot.

@CamoDeafie - I completely understand and am with you on that. I am new to the forum and just assumed those types would not even be on here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top