JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wasn't sure if this was the correct forum for a question like this, so if its wrong please let me know.

I just picked up an HK VP9 and wanted to change out the grips, but it asks for a 2.8mm punch to remove the pin. I'm still relatively new to firearms so I don't have many of the necessary tools yet.

Is there something else I could use to safely (and without damage) remove the pin?

Thanks for any advice.

Go to Harbor Freight and buy a set of transfer pin punches for cheap, only $9.99
The little center point helps set AR roll pins without marring up the pins.
They also fit the lower receivers holes perfectly, so when you are assembling the lower they can be used as a guide rod, and if you use the other end, it will work as a pin drift.
If you're worried about marring the pin, then also pick up a set of small brass drifts

image_18450.jpg

Ace Hardware has brass bar stock, I spent $10-$20 and got about 12" of every size they had. Cut them down to appropriate sizes and they have worked well. I figure if they bend I was probably doing something wrong.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top