JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since people keep asking, here is pics of the alternate shooting area at brown's camp. I can't seem to find the exact location on google maps, but here is the intersection that you should take the higher path to the left.
brownscampdirections.jpg

You will pass a gravel parking area, but that is not the shooting area, keep going.

The area you are looking for only has a small gravel turnout and looks like this:
DSCF1193.jpg
^chinese guy who came to the US to study, goes to my university and has never used guns before. Trying to help him get a correct stance, heh.

log is shooting line, looks down a big hill with stumps that make great things to stand pop cans on to shoot at and there is a hill going up on the other side.
DSCF1197.jpg

The husband and I went there to shoot today, and we liked it! We used to just take the main road to the top of the hill to a clear-cut area. This was much more convenient. :) Thanks for the info!

It's not too far, and you will definitely know the place when you see it. As is the usual with shooting areas there are tons of empty casings on the ground and the target area is filled with used targets that nobody bothered to clean up after themselves.

On another note; as we were leaving there on Monday, driving by the main closed rock pit, 2 morons got out of a truck at the rock pit with their guns. Apparently ignoring the closed signs! Not something I would suggest, but whatever..
We surely didn't stick around to watch that mess!

We go by this place at least once a month. Today was the busiest I've ever seen it, at least 15 people at one point. Good time though, I think one guy had a full auto AK47.

As is the usual with shooting areas there are tons of empty casings on the ground and the target area is filled with used targets that nobody bothered to clean up after themselves.

Agreed. I don't mind biodegradable clays or targets like potatoes but I just can't believe the amount of garbage people leave behind them. We've seen blown up cans of foam insulation, propane tanks, beer cans, beer bottles, and other garbage.

I don't think it's too much to ask that people not shoot glass and pick up their garbage, right?

The biggest problem with this site, besides all the garbage, is that it is basically all downhill shooting, unless you shoot across the trench put there to close off the logging spur. I'm pretty sure that this would still be illegal,even though the road is closed, since it is illegal to shoot across or alongside a road. It's too bad Tillamook Co. keeps the main pit closed to shooting, even when it's obvious that there is no work currently in progress. Maybe we should all start a letter writing campaign to petition them to open it up when they aren't excavating.Who would be willing? It is almost exactly 200 yards, and perfectly flat.

BTW, last week when I was at browns camp, I thought I would take a look at this alternate place. After you take the left at the fork and take the high road, it starts to get a little rutted up. I made it about 100yds down the road before I turned around. But I was driving my Audi A4, anyone with 4x4 oughta be able to make it fine. Just a bit of advice.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top