JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wanted to fill out a 4473, hand someone $800 and them hand me the rifle on the wall. Unfortunately they couldn't put down the coffee mug and quit b.s.ing with people behind the counter long enough to accomodate that simple request.

This is precisely the sort of account I respect and understand: a narrative that details an objective for being in the store, subsequent observations that precluded achieving it, and conveys good reasons for not wishing to return.

Your honestly related negative experience there might be viewed as a sort of clash of philosophies: You expected to buy a gun: put the money on the counter, perform the Federal Ceremony, and be on your way. An entirely understandable objective, and certainly how things work at (perhaps the majority of) other businesses.

Marcus would rather engage in conversation about the gun, learn of your interests, inform you of some things you may not know about the gun and also learn from you what you may hold that he does not: then go to nuts and bolts on the sale. Some of those "buddies" present in the store may actually supply information neither of you have. I agree that in your case (and some other cases I've actually witnessed), he may have done better in breaking away from a discussion already in progress when you walked in.

On this forum, details of your experience came only on your second effort. I would respectfully invite you to grant Marcus the same.

Last Edited:
Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top