JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife, a bargain hunter who hails from Korea (They consume 40 to 50% of Spam worldwide) and she mentioned that it was getting expensive. She bought all the Spam Lite at Walmart and she terrorizes Winco too.

As to the canned corned beef from South America. People on this forum have asked, "What're your bona fides?" for making this or that statement. Okay, my qualifications are having bought and consumed this product over a 60 plus year period. The older version of canned corned beef, usually found in those weird, tapering, upright cans, was made from solid cuts of meat. The few cans I've tried over the past 20 years, those contain loose meat fibers. I think made from a slurry of meat that has been rendered down and all mixed together. In the style of solid chunk tuna vs. the little threads of fish all swishing around loose in the can.

My favorite is a Product of Brazil.

Corned-Beef.jpg

Aloha, Mark

My wife, a bargain hunter who hails from Korea (They consume 40 to 50% of Spam worldwide) and she mentioned that it was getting expensive. She bought all the Spam Lite at Walmart and she terrorizes Winco too.

Spam, rice and fried eggs (any way you like them) then add some of this (Kim Chee) on the side and it's......"Ono-Licious to da max".
Kim-Chee.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last time I was at the store and saw a shortage of supplies, I suspected it was due to the all the recent fires. Various organizations have been requesting donations to help feed and shelter firefighters, evacuees, and those that have lost their homes. Another segment of the population is fending for themselves living in tents, RVs, or just sleeping in their vehicles. The normal supply chain doesn't carry the volume of supplies to cope with the surge, so items get wiped out at stores. I don't think it's due to any particular virus, climate, or political concern outside of that.

Just my two cents. Your mileage may vary. Use of this information, other than in the manner in which it is intended, may result in injury or death.
Now I had not even thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

Mmmmhhh, I just returned to this thread and got hungry.

How about a Kimchi/Raw Garlic/Sardine sammich on Jewish Rye Bread?

Now, that's some eatin.

But, spam would upset my delicate stomach.

Well the main taste enhancers are Sugar, Salt, and Fat, so Spam has the Salt and Fat covered all you need to do is add some Brown Sugar just a tad before you finish frying your Spam I use Butter or Olive oil or rarely Coconut Oil to fry the Spam. All tint the flavor in it's own good way.

Note : Even though I love Peanut Butter, do not fry anything in Peanut Butter, the results are not appealing

Thanks to this thread, I bought a can of Spam at the grocery store today. Didn't need or want it. But going down the aisle of the local Winco, I see plenty of Spam on the shelf and figure, what the heck. Clerk looked at me a little funny ringing up my $20 ribeyes, fancy salad, Tilamook cheese, and a can of Spam.

Was at Winco yesterday morning and they had quite a bit of Spam but only Spam lite, reduced sodium, and regular. Also had plenty of corned beef hash so picked up some of that as well. Mentioned the shortage to the cashier and she says people that appear to be Pacific Islanders buy it by the case when it's in stock.

I didn't care much for Spam when I was younger but it's become a staple for me with eggs for breakfast. Even make a Spam sandwich once in awhile. Another one that others seem to love or hate is creamed chipped beef on toast, otherwise known as SOS. Loved it as a kid and was shocked when people in the military turned their noses up at it. We still have it as a treat once in awhile.

Was at Winco yesterday morning and they had quite a bit of Spam but only Spam lite, reduced sodium, and regular. Also had plenty of corned beef hash so picked up some of that as well. Mentioned the shortage to the cashier and she says people that appear to be Pacific Islanders buy it by the case when it's in stock.

I didn't care much for Spam when I was younger but it's become a staple for me with eggs for breakfast. Even make a Spam sandwich once in awhile. Another one that others seem to love or hate is creamed chipped beef on toast, otherwise known as SOS. Loved it as a kid and was shocked when people in the military turned their noses up at it. We still have it as a treat once in awhile.
In Hawaii they keep it locked up because they thieve it so.

Probably the local grindz restaurants. Food carts that specialize in Hawaiian food have been making a killing in the Portland metro area.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top