JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CF,

Of course.

I don't look at it as 'cheap' just mystery meat swimming in oodles of sloppy fat.

Would I eat it if nothing else was to he had?

Yep, I'd pretend to like it too.

If you psyche yourself enough you'll eat anything, including long pig if nothing else is available.

Just ask the South American soccer team that crashed in the Andes a few decades ago.

Know why cabin boys on sailing vessels were recruited?

In case they ran out of food while at sea...

Here's hoping none of us are ever put in that moral predicament!

Buddy working for a chemical plant says the liquified zombies that used to make spam have been diverted to make soylent green for the Democratic Party fetés, which have the theme, "Save the Planet - eat green, ban guns."

:rolleyes::D

Should I warn them?
Soylent-green-its-people.png

You know.....I'm inclusive. Rrrrrright.

Aloha, Mark

I see some see spam as a serious subject to get all het up about...funny, funny stuff.

Hot Dogs now, they're a serious subject to get into a heated debate about, cuz, like, they're serious food made from lips and ears and other good stuff....

Speaking of hot dogs.
It wasn't until I was an adult........that I saw someone eat one out of the package (without cooking it).

Eeee....gif

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Same plan here:
  1. Eat what you store
  2. Store what you eat
  3. Rotate
This is what we have done for decades. The stuff we keep "just in case" is just the stuff we eat anyway. Just buy extra when it's on sale and of course rotate it out. That way if something happens we are good and same food we eat anyway. Have some of the emergency stuff that sill supposedly last for decades in the back. When we started buying that I did try some.Some was not great but was not bad at all. So bought the stuff that I liked. So even that stuff if it got that bad is not something we would have to be starving to eat, like MRE's. Still will never forget that time I got a couple cases of those thinking it would be great emergency food. That stuff I could not eat. If I wanted to get back to the weight I was 40 years ago that would do it. If that was all I had to eat it would sure as hell keep me from over eating :s0140:

Spam is higher quality than most people realize. Only six ingredients and no bizarre cuts of meat. If you eat hot dogs you have no business holding up your nose at spam.

Have to guess spices? LOVE dogs, although only eat the all beef now. Even those I do know whats in there and just choose to not think about it. LOVE Choizo Mexican sausage. That is one you do not want to read what's in it though. Last time I tried Spam I don't know if they have changed the recipe or my taste has just changed because I could not eat it. Nothing about how it's made just could not enjoy it for some reason.
When I was a kid and there was LOT's of WWII vets around many of them hated Spam but that seemed to be from so long eating it cold. Many of them well remembered having nothing else to eat and no way to heat it. They ate it cold out of the can and after that wanted nothing to do with it :D

All got me thinking I need to grab a can for breakfast tomorrow. If the family likes it (they've never had it), then I'll add it to the food stocks...

Now Deviled Ham sandwiches are da bomb for lunches :s0140:
Now that I do still LOVE! I suspect it's another one of those things I would not want to see made and I don't even look at whats in it because it tastes so damn good:D:D:D

Now that I do still LOVE! I suspect it's another one of those things I would not want to see made and I don't even look at whats in it because it tastes so damn good:D:D:D
I suspect it goes into the can as liquified meat (is it really meat?), then hardens into more of a pasty solid in the can. I still enjoy it myself.

Also enjoy sliced dried beef, making creamed dry beef with peas over toast... Growing up, there wasn't a lot of monies available, we ate very modest... Comparing an average dinner I enjoy today, that would have qualified for a Sunday dinner when I was kid...

Deviled Ham, one of the lesser awfuls in the slurry/mystery meat categories.

I ate dh sammiches as a kid and not since.

I'm sure it was a form of punishment.

The evil 3 = spam/vienna sausages/re-viled not ham, it's something, but it aint ham...

Interesting how the rumors have been spread throughout the generations, of how SPAM is actually made.

Although hotdogs, many sausages, lunch meats, and other meat-byproduct foods are made from noses, ears, lips, etc., into a pink slime to be pumped into sausage cases, they remain socially acceptable.

But SPAM is made from actual honorable cuts of meat, pressed into the can, and cooked in the can. And folks turn their noses up.

In the old days, canned/or Virginia Ham was a term used for pork trimmings pressed into and cooked in the can. There's little difference, other than the shape of the can.
c7ca0c25-37b7-463c-8ee0-231cf2b1b09e_1.90516eceb36c57ab962963c0920e5fcd.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads