JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody else start watching the new history show 'Alone'.
I watched the first 2 and was hooked, 2 down 8 to go. They seem to all get tools from the same basic list. There are a couple that are going to be ok, the rest do a bunch of talk...:s0107:

Werner Herzog filmed a documentary about Siberian fur trappers called "Happy People, A Year in the Taiga."
You can't get more isolated then the solitary trapper up in the Siberian Arctic Circle as he runs his winter trap lines at 20-40 below zero.
These guys are real men that overcome great hardship to continue a livelihood that hasn't changed in centuries.
There is no one to come to your rescue. Just coming home for New Years is an incredible feat.

Werner Herzog filmed a documentary about Siberian fur trappers called "Happy People, A Year in the Taiga."
You can't get more isolated then the solitary trapper up in the Siberian Arctic Circle as he runs his winter trap lines at 20-40 below zero.
These guys are real men that overcome great hardship to continue a livelihood that hasn't changed in centuries.
There is no one to come to your rescue. Just coming home for New Years is an incredible feat.
Yup - starting to watch this now. Looks good.

I think Dick Proenneke was more on his own, but it is interesting to hear what the people in this Taiga movie are saying too. That and watch them do what they do. I noticed his hatchet/axe is similar to the British Belt Axe I just bought - but a little heavier/larger.

Definitely worth a watch ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top