JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Vancouver Island is one of the wettest places in PNW. I myself was surprised to see that no one so far thought to harvest fatwood from all the rotting pine stumps in that island :rolleyes: not sure why no one there put laynards or proper knife handling, but I see the pull towards body so very often in other places

Vancouver Island is one of the wettest places in PNW. I myself was surprised to see that no one so far thought to harvest fatwood from all the rotting pine stumps in that island :rolleyes: not sure why no one there put laynards or proper knife handling, but I see the pull towards body so very often in other places

One guy found some fatwood. I live on a mountain that gets twice as much precip as the valley. I've hunted out near Valsetz and other areas in the coastal range where it is very wet. Spent some months on Revillagigedo island (Ketchikan) where it is either rock or moss/water logged ground.

Another guy is using driftwood cedar on the beach.

One guy started to build a cabin and gave up.

Only 2-3 guys so far are eating anything? One guy is easting slugs and kelp/seaweed, another musslels and periwinkles.

I like most all seafood especially fried clams, steamed clams, octopus, fish of every description and a whole host of other things like chicken or beef liver, snails, alligator, goat and wild hickory nuts.

I forgot tongue, how could I forget tongue?

If I start listing all the goodies I slam down my gullet I'll up too late...sigh.

Season 2, yet another a guy loses his ferro rod; this time he sets it down and it rolls into his fire pit, and now he can't find it.

You would think for something that important they would find a way to keep track of it, like a lanyard or something?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top