JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im glad the show folks have a cell phone to escape peril/boredom.

They have a satellite phone, but the only time I have seen them use it so far is to "tap out"/quit.

Maybe they get/send messages, I don't know?

They did seem to know when to expect a medical checkup.

One guy seemed to come unglued because his wife didn't visit him during a medical check as he was expecting. Hard to know whether this was staged or not.

As one guy said (who IIRC quit later), they each know that they can exit the situation with a simple phone call and that they would be on their way home in a few hours to days. I think that probably makes a difference for many people.

" So he later killed the wolverine with an axe while it was stealing his meat."

Okey Dokey, if you believe that I have a wolverine in Brooklyn for sale...

These shows reveal what they think of their audience...which is to say: Not much.

Apparently, they think we all have I.Q's lower than 85...

Oops...
" So he later killed the wolverine with an axe while it was stealing his meat."

Okey Dokey, if you believe that I have a wolverine in Brooklyn for sale...

These shows reveal what they think of their audience...which is to say: Not much.

Apparently, they think we all have I.Q's lower than 85...
He actually shot the wolverine with his bow. The arrow pinned it to the ground, then he finished it off with the hatchet

I've watched a couple of episodes of this genre. The one where two strangers who signed up are teamed together.

While watching, what I always kept in mind was that they weren't actually alone. There was always a production crew, unseen, behind the camera.

I've watched a couple of episodes of this genre. The one where two strangers who signed up are teamed together.

While watching, what I always kept in mind was that they weren't actually alone. There was always a production crew, unseen, behind the camera.

This one they are. They get dropped off with a bunch of camera equipment and are required to film 8hrs a day of content. Hence the "Alone" part.;)

Alone is a bit different than the usual shows, might be why its got more interesting results.

As far as I know, none of the competitors are really that far away from each other. Heard it was more like a mile to two miles apart?

Yes they each have taken courses in using the provided camera and assorted equipment, in addition to their 10 items they can bring. There are emergency rations with the equipment, as well as extra water. (Rule of 3s here, 3 hours without shelter in harsh weather, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food)

Each competitor literally has to have their own camera rigs set up for themselves

The emergency crews are also not that far away, despite the appearance of so.

So the guy who got the moose wins.

I thought the guy with the gill net would win.

The guy who got the moose was still losing weight because all the wild animals were stealing his food and fat, so he made his own gill bet from the paracord, and cause a pike the day that the other last contestant quit. So who knows how much longer he could have gone.

Interesting outcome.

In my "expert opinion", the show is rigged just like 99% of "reality" shows are. All I did when I used to watch that show is get headaches and yell at the tv on how stupid and useless they're being. Also watching what NOT to do.

Most, if not all, made mistakes. Some of the mistakes were really stupid - three people caught their shelter on fire, one of which burned up almost everything and had to quit. I get it that people make mistakes when they are ground down due to malnutrition and fatigue, but some of these people made mistakes early on.

I think one of the biggest mistakes they all made seemed to be to not understand nutrition and how to feed themselves.

Makes me wonder how the mountain men of olde handled the lifestyle with only one get together a year, aka rendezvous? Were they out there mostly alone all year with "primitive" supplys mumbling away to themselves about pelts and lack of wimmin folk. Maybe its hard to get bored when there are wolves and bears, and you only have as many shots as you have guns, at the ready, and I cant imagine knife combat with a pack of wolves or a bear. It was a different time, I suppose there arent any casualty lists for the mountain man occupation. Im glad the show folks have a cell phone to escape peril/boredom.
Most mountain men traveled in a "Fur Brigade"..of around 50 or so...
They then split into smaller groups of 6 -12 when trapping.
The myth of the Lone Trapper is just that ....a myth.

I do have a "casualty list"...and I'll look it up for you if you would like....
Andy

Most mountain men traveled in a "Fur Brigade"..of around 50 or so...
They then split into smaller groups of 6 -12 when trapping.
The myth of the Lone Trapper is just that ....a myth.

I do have a "casualty list"...and I'll look it up for you if you would like....
Andy
As a fan of history, it would be nice to learn more.

Season 1 episode 1 Vancouver island

One guy freaks out after having bears outside his shelter the first night and quits.:rolleyes:

Most of the guys seems to be concerned about bears, cougars and wolves. One, a kid at 22 seems to be having a blast - so far.

Lot's of cedar trees, but nobody (yet) seems to know that these are great for making fires; just peel off the bark.

That 3rd guy runs a decent bushcrafting oriented youtube channel now

Has he learned how to start a fire without a ferro rod? Not that I know how, but I think I would learn before going on a trip like that.

The one thing I have noticed is that none of the people seem to have lanyards on important stuff, like knives, hatchets, etc.

Has anyone taught these guys how to safely use a knife? I keep seeing people cutting towards themselves.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads