JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I visited sometime in the mid '80s, was able to actually tour through powerhouse 1, very cool walking right above the huge turbines while they're operating. Went back again this last summer, still cool, but now you only get to just enter the powerhouse from the north end and look in. The tour is very informative though, and it's a worthwhile trip to see how it all works; the dam, locks, fish ladder.

But yeah, Was asked at the gate about weapons, that was it.

This complex is more important to the NW than most people realize, so it needs to stay secure, but still feels like a liberty lost.

I think you'll find that even if anything changed in regards who's land etc. This would be an exception. Federally owned dams are "Black-start sites" and that makes them no-go areas.

But thanks for the warning, i still haven't gotten round to visiting there yet, but i would have carried and not known.

Last year I accompanied my Sister to her Social Security meeting. I had to take my WMD Leatherman on my hip back to the car. The TWO guards required for securing the office for all those retirees didn't understand my disgust with their request. Two guards with guns and tasers for 10 retirees. Our tax $ at work. Full disclosure, this was in Needles, California.:mad:

This same thing happened to me a few years back, but the guard was extrordinarily polite and professional. We just had to leave our car at the gate and walk the couple hundred yards in.

This same thing happened to me a few years back, but the guard was extrordinarily polite and professional. We just had to leave our car at the gate and walk the couple hundred yards in.
I wish I had been given that option, I would have gladly walked in, but I was asked to turn around and leave the area. Might have been his poor training, or a change in their rules since you were there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top