JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I had to calm down a bit or this may have ended bad. Freaking worthless cats think they can jump on my car, Im so tired of it I'm at a breaking point. I'm thinking pillowcase and a ditch. I have a cat, he don't bother anyone but me he stays indoors, the neighbors have worthless strays x2 and my wife, sister, neighbors have no idea why I'm hostile. The drive foreign junk and have no clue why I don't want my carbon fiber to get scratched. Got to be a simple solution , but I don't see one. I'm calming down now. Anyone have this issue. Ahhhh ok psycho rant over.

Last Edited:
I had to calm down a bit or this may have ended bad. Freaking worthless cats think they can jump on my car, Im so tired of it I'm at a breaking point. I'm thinking pillowcase and a ditch. I have a cat, he don't bother anyone but me he stays indoors, the neighbors have worthless strays x2 and my wife, sister, neighbors have no idea why I'm hostile. The drive foreign junk and have no clue why I don't want my carbon fiber to get scratched. Got to be a simple solution , but I don't see one. I'm calming down now. Anyone have this issue. Ahhhh ok psycho rant over.

Leave a bowl of antifreeze out in a hidden location. Problem solved.

Put mothballs out, they hate the smell and wont come around. I have another solution but it isnt "humane" and does not involve firearms but works just as effectively so I wont post it on the forum.

I use a large "Have-a-Hart wire cage with left over tuna can juice. After catching the culprit, I hose them down with very cold water for a couple of minutes. Then they get a half hour or so to dwell on the idea that my yard is not so much fun to hang around, and for good measure I give them another blast just in case they forgot the previous bath. Of course this happens behind my fence. Needless to say, any cat that got the water boarding treatment stays at lease two houses from mine. Never caught the same cat twice.

Leave a bowl of antifreeze out in a hidden location. Problem solved.

That is cruel. It is an awful way for an animal to die.

You can try sprinkling crushed red pepper on your car. If the cat get a taste of it, he will not come back fast.

If your car is on your property and not the street you can use what's called a scarecrow.
Amazon.com: Contech Electronics CRO101 Scarecrow Motion-Activated Sprinkler: Patio, Lawn & Garden
It is basically a sprinkler with a motion sensor. It will spray a cup of water when activated (spray lasts maybe 4 seconds), and then resets itself in about 20 seconds.

I have 2 of these and can tell you that they work quite well. I even used it once to train the mailman to quit cutting across my yard. Yep, a mailman. I've noticed that I had this path across my lawn and decided to see who was doing the walking (was not me). So I set up a camera and recorded 6 hours worth of action. I've noticed that the mailman was cutting across my yard. First I block his way with big flower planters and such. He'd just step over them and continue on his way. Then I completely blocked that side, so he would go a few steps further and climb into my yard (the yard is about elevated about 2 feet above the sidewalk. Since that did nt stop him. I pounded in some surveyor posts and stung a string between them. What do you know, he'd just step over them. He either did not get the hints, or was just a complete horses behind. I had most of his "travels" on tape, so I knew that my efforts to stop him from walking across my yard by simply blocking his path were failing. Finally I took one of my scarecrows and set it up in such a manner that only someone who gets in my yard would get hit. That worked. He never cut across the yard again.

I use a large "Have-a-Hart wire cage with left over tuna can juice. After catching the culprit, I hose them down with very cold water for a couple of minutes. Then they get a half hour or so to dwell on the idea that my yard is not so much fun to hang around, and for good measure I give them another blast just in case they forgot the previous bath. Of course this happens behind my fence. Needless to say, any cat that got the water boarding treatment stays at lease two houses from mine. Never caught the same cat twice.

I love this solution; it's humane and doesn't harm the animal. Conditioning the beastie to stay away is the best answer. Bravo to you sir.

LOL Flawless strategy! I think a Have-a-Hart is a great idea and a great investment. Easy to catch cats with. I couldn't see a cat ever forgetting the cold water treatment. I like cats but when I lived with an old housemate who was allergic to them and they would dig up and/or crap in his garden we quickly adopted the motto "Bad Kitties Get the Hose."

I don't believe someone should be cruel to an animal. That being said, I recommend fencing your yard and possibly getting a dog to roam the yard...could be a kid throws a ball or something that damages the car moreso than a cat could.

Let me see if I got this right, you almost PULLED YOUR GUN because a cat jumped on your car ? really ? Did I read this wrong or is there more to it ?

This was my first thought as well.

Personally, I question if SVT-ROY is mature or mentally stable enough to own firearms.

This is the type of sentiment, serious or not, that anti-gunners love to use to classify all gun owners as trigger happy half-wits.

However, this idea sounds both effective and hilarious at the same time! I approve!

now way in **** is this a gun-pulling scenario.Catch the cats and haul them to the humane society,or try the moth ball approach.Pulling ones's gun is a LAST DITCH APPROACH TO SOLVING A PROBLEM.
wow.
jus wow. <shaking head>

Almot pulled my handgun on a idiot today.
Suicide is not the answer, oh and here you dropped this.......> n
How do you protect your precious carbon fiber car when you go out in public?:cool:
Relax.:s0155:

Claymore_Mine.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR