JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great information in this thread. What a great time to be a firearms enthusiast (aside from the ongoing assault on the 2A, but that's another topic) with all the options available these days.

At a time when I should be hyper-focused on getting the remaining semi-auto rifles before July 1st, I find myself fascinated with these 'pistols', Scorpion, Extar, Cmmg, etc. So much so that I've already purchased a half dozen Scorpion mags. On the other hand, this is my first look at the Extar and Cmmg options. And to add to that, we are a Glock family and have a good stock of Glock magazines.

I would see this as a range toy primarily. It might grow into an HD gun eventually. Not sure about suppressors but I suspect I will go down that road eventually.

I know these are basic questions but have to start somewhere.
Looking through the CZ catalog....
The pistol in the OP is the EVO 3 S1 Pistol with aftermarket adapter/folding stock? About these adapters, are they somewhat standardized with regard to their attachment points to the gun and to the brace? I have purchased a couple of SB3 braces for use in the future and am wondering if they could be used on any pistol - scorpion, extar, cmmg?

This is the Scorpion Evo 3 S1 pistol with flash can and folding brace.
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol w/ Flash Can and Folding Brace - CZ-USA
Any comments on having the suppressor tucked inside the rail like that. Looks better from a cosmetic standpoint I guess, but what about practicality? Are suppressors standardized such that the OD, and length is the same so that just about any suppressor would fit in that space?

Thanks

Here is my CZ with the SB3 folding brace and a 22LR dedicated upper with the can under the hand guard.

The Brace is the SBTEvo in the picture, not sure you can use their standard braces which are designed to mount on a gas tube vs say the CMMG you would likely to be able to use one of those out of the box.

If you got the CMMG Banshee without brace to save some money you could probably use one of your braces on hand.

As to your second question about the suppressor tucked inside the rail. Suppressor size and rail diameter aren't standardized, generally just thread pitch by caliber but even that isn't really a standard (left hand metric threads on some Sigs/HKs for example or metric threads on the original scorpion).

I would likely NOT do another build like I did with the 22LR. Primarily because the the gun virtually can't be used without the suppressor. That might be fine if you have multiple suppressors and you want to dedicate one to that build but I am in a situation where that 22 Suppressor pulls double duty on a lever gun and pistols. I should just get another can....

IF I were to do something similar to what you're suggesting and use a can on multiple hosts where the attachment point is under a handguard I would likely only do it if there was a 3 lug down there. Pistol cal direct thread cans can easily back off while shooting.

CMMG.jpg CZ.jpg

Great information in this thread. What a great time to be a firearms enthusiast (aside from the ongoing assault on the 2A, but that's another topic) with all the options available these days.

At a time when I should be hyper-focused on getting the remaining semi-auto rifles before July 1st, I find myself fascinated with these 'pistols', Scorpion, Extar, Cmmg, etc. So much so that I've already purchased a half dozen Scorpion mags. On the other hand, this is my first look at the Extar and Cmmg options. And to add to that, we are a Glock family and have a good stock of Glock magazines.

I would see this as a range toy primarily. It might grow into an HD gun eventually. Not sure about suppressors but I suspect I will go down that road eventually.

I know these are basic questions but have to start somewhere.
Looking through the CZ catalog....
The pistol in the OP is the EVO 3 S1 Pistol with aftermarket adapter/folding stock? About these adapters, are they somewhat standardized with regard to their attachment points to the gun and to the brace? I have purchased a couple of SB3 braces for use in the future and am wondering if they could be used on any pistol - scorpion, extar, cmmg?

This is the Scorpion Evo 3 S1 pistol with flash can and folding brace.
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol w/ Flash Can and Folding Brace - CZ-USA
Any comments on having the suppressor tucked inside the rail like that. Looks better from a cosmetic standpoint I guess, but what about practicality? Are suppressors standardized such that the OD, and length is the same so that just about any suppressor would fit in that space?

Thanks
MAC tucked an Omega 9k in the handguard I think that's the one he put in there. He is on YouTube.

Pic of his.
upload_2019-2-19_14-15-53.jpeg

The back of the CZ Scorpion is set up for modularity with a simple plunger and rail. All mounts made for it work with this. They make mounts for buffer tubes so you can run your SBA3. Or the AK47 Zhukov stock, a pic rail for Sig type stocks and braces. Then there is the mount I linked in my op for the brace or stock off a ACR.

Also the highest end version of the CMMGs are shipping with a shorter version of the SBA3 set up on a special buffer tube to be utilized like their ripstock. They dub it the ripbrace.
upload_2019-2-19_14-20-47.png
upload_2019-2-19_14-21-19.jpeg

MAC tucked an Omega 9k in the handguard I think that's the one he put in there. He is on YouTube.

Pic of his.
View attachment 550194

The back of the CZ Scorpion is set up for modularity with a simple plunger and rail. All mounts made for it work with this. They make mounts for buffer tubes so you can run your SBA3. Or the AK47 Zhukov stock, a pic rail for Sig type stocks and braces. Then there is the mount I linked in my op for the brace or stock off a ACR.

I think he would need some sort of buffer tube to rail adapter to use an existing SBA3 though? Similar to this? Then screw the buffer tube on, then slide on existing SBA3 brace?

Scorpion EVO M4 buffer tube or stock Adapter Aluminum

This particular one looks fixed though.

I think he would need some sort of buffer tube to rail adapter to use an existing SBA3 though? Similar to this? Then screw the buffer tube on, then slide on existing SBA3 brace?

Scorpion EVO M4 buffer tube or stock Adapter Aluminum

This particular one looks fixed though.
Yep.

Here is a simple video that show the back end of a Scorpion. It's a great set up as all it requires is an adapter of your choice to put on a ton of different options.

Cx4 with sierra papa mods for me just works too well to jump in with the cz too.
:s0122:

I've got a CX4 and have been going back and forth with Brian over in St Helens for some work. Hoping to get some stuff performed by him soon.

My only complaint with my Scorpion is the heavy trigger pull. I get that it was designed as a sub-machinegun, but for the price, I think CZ could have improved the trigger pull.

My only complaint with my Scorpion is the heavy trigger pull. I get that it was designed as a sub-machinegun, but for the price, I think CZ could have improved the trigger pull.

Yeah it's the weakest link out of the box. The HBI spring replacements for $9 make a huge difference.

Hb industries makes a very inexpensive lighter trigger spring kit. Improved the pull dramatically. 20190221_162935.jpg

What handguard is that? I saw something similar on MAC's suppressed version that has baffles in the barrel for standard velocity ammo speed reduction but not sure if its the same or who made it. Looks good. Is it poly or aluminum?
It is aluminum, it a hb industries, flat 6.84". It has mlok on the bottom. Its a game changer. Way better than the stock plastic one. You can also fit a can under it if wanted.

I still haven't made a decision yet. I keep coming back to this thread, keep watching videos etc but haven't made a move. Been hyper focused on my pre-July semi-auto rifle list. (other than the AR type).
I see they now have version 2 (supposedly fixed) psa AKV-9mm pistol that takes the scorpion mags.

I have a CX 9 rifle, and an Extar EP9 pistol with brace, both with a good quantity of mags. I keep thinking the scorpion rifle, but its $1000 as far as I can tell, and I'm not sure how much if any the 9mm round benefits from rifle length. On the other hand if I went for scorpion pistol I can delay that purchase to post July which would help with the immediate budget situation. Around and around I go.

From a value standpoint I really like the stribog. From an overall performance perspective the sig mpx is looking the best to me right now.

But after having installed a binary trigger on my s&w 15-22 I think the ability to install a binary trigger is becoming a must have for me. I'm getting 600 rounds per minute (excluding mag changes) in the 15-22. But then that's .22 ammo that you can shoot mag after mag without costing that much. With a 9mm I think I would use it more in a 2 round burst instead of gratuitous mag dumping ; )

So far I've seen binary triggers available only for sig mpx as well as B and T unless there are some out there I missed (AR trigger groups are the most common and widely available binary triggers).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top