JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
its been a few years since I have. Last one was with my brother I think. Lol!

Long story.
In-laws just moved here from Damascus.

Neighbor across the street seems to think he owns the price of dirt where his neighbors plant there mail box.

He's one that if you back up 1 foot onto his driveway he completely loses it.

Crazy doesn't describe this situation.

I'd just move boxes down the street. Easy solution.
My liberty ends where other's liberty begins.
My in-laws will be at an age at some point where walking down the road further to accommodate or avoid this situation will be a lot to ask.
I'd rather go another route on this.
While the home was being built he was very pissed off. He hated every bit of it. Told my in-laws he hates there home. Hates this hates that.
He came over in there side of the street and starred at the stone builder. Just stood there for a long time staring. It freaked out the guy. Said he was very off.

My in-laws will be at an age at some point where walking down the road further to accommodate or avoid this situation will be a lot to ask.
Can't your in-laws simply stop by a mailbox down the street while they are driving back home from work?
I know many folks who have their mail boxes set quite away from their houses.

Can't you simply stop by a mailbox down the street while you are driving back home from work?
I know many folks who have their mail boxes set quite away from their homes.
I really see your point.
But in this situation, with this type of person, there's gonna be 100's or issues coming down the road.
I think he needs to understand where the buck stops.

I'd rather go another route on this.
While the home was being built he was very pissed off. He hated every bit of it. Told my in-laws he hates there home. Hates this hates that.
He came over in there side of the street and starred at the stone builder. Just stood there for a long time staring. It freaked out the guy. Said he was very off.
Sounds like you are dealing with a very unstable little bomb just waiting to go off. What would I do? Avoid him as much as possible. Use camera's, and any time he crosses some legal line, report it. May even have to get a restraining order. Of course this may set the kook off but, if he blows and it turns deadly you can show you tried. If no one says anything and he goes off the deep end and it turns deadly you "may" end up having a hard time proving things.

Sounds like he may be mentally ill. I'd keep a wide berth and treat the situation as though you were dealing with a big wounded dog. Maybe let LEO know that a mental health check in might be needed.

I'd probably just get one exactly like his and just put it with the others. Some people just get old and bitter and nothing will ever make them happy. Is there a Mrs neighbor that could be reasoned with?

I'd probably just get one exactly like his and just put it with the others. Some people just get old and bitter and nothing will ever make them happy. Is there a Mrs neighbor that could be reasoned with?
Yes he's married. She's nice. But she came across as if she has to deal with stuff with him a lot. She was also making excuses. They said they have had issues in other neighborhoods.

Hi There, devils advocate here.:p

If I am getting this right, he was there before your house was built?

Out at the ranch here there is a similar situation.
A private road is about 4 miles long, the ranch is the 2nd one starting down the road.
The HOA and others that have all moved in long after, well they want a paved road so its smoother. They
want equal cost from all. However the patches where our Ranch is will get the most use and look the worse.
There was no HOA when the ranch was acquired in the 1980's but everyone else about 20 homes voted for it.
Our family is pretty irritated, in that all these Californian's moved up here on that road, and want this an that.
It was fine before they got here.

Being a neighbor means having to deal with people, even with a Ranch, you still get issues.
Personally, unless he threatens your safety or comes on your property, ID leave it be.
To be honest, grumbling is one thing, and you telling him whats what probably wont go over well
and you will be in the same place or worse after.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top