JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found my first glass scope in the basement. Thought it was gone years ago. It sported an "L" prefix
so that makes it 1980. I tried mounting it but the sight picture was a bit blurry. I turned the focus
ring (Vari X II 3x9) lock to lock and the focus didn't improve.

Since 40 yrs had elapsed, I figured my eyesight had diminished to the point where the scope adjustment
just couldn't factor in my poor vision. I emailed my brother (20 yrs younger) that I was going to drop
the Leupold off on his porch.

In the meantime, I tried searching online for an instruction book or such to go with the scope. Nothing.
I ate dinner and tried one more time - Youtube.

Laughing at my stupid @$$ because the 'focus' ring was actually the lock ring located next to the zoom
ring. What you needed to focus is to grip both bells and turn the occular end. The threads had become a bit
gummed and adjust required a bit of effort.

I now have a nicely focused old Leupold again I will try mounting it on the 77/44 and head to the range
this weekend to sight it in....that is, if I can find the adjustment knobs without assistance. :)

Last Edited:
I got a new webcam recently. Plugged it in and it the picture was just awful. Weird colors, flickering, skipping and locking up. Well that's great now I have to send the thing back. After 5 minutes of fiddling with it I noticed that the mouse was skipping too. The mouse that was on the same USB hub that I just plugged the webcam into. o_O Unplugged the web cam and plugged it directly into a USB 3 port on the machine (the way you're supposed to) . Oh look at that, it actually has a pretty nice picture when you aren't starving it for bandwidth. Yeah, I really almost sent it back. :rolleyes:

I got a new webcam recently. Plugged it in and it the picture was just awful. Weird colors, flickering, skipping and locking up. Well that's great now I have to send the thing back. After 5 minutes of fiddling with it I noticed that the mouse was skipping too. The mouse that was on the same USB hub that I just plugged the webcam into. o_O Unplugged the web cam and plugged it directly into a USB 3 port on the machine (the way you're supposed to) . Oh look at that, it actually has a pretty nice picture when you aren't starving it for bandwidth. Yeah, I really almost sent it back. :rolleyes:

What's a "VCR"? :s0113:

Thank you for that. I have an active 10 port USB 3.0 but I was getting
dropouts. that explains the problems I've been experiencing. I thought
that by plugging the wall wart in, that would have taken care of the
power issue but I guess not. When I plug the appliance direct to the
USB board off the mobo, things work perfectly.

Found my first glass scope in the basement. Thought it was gone years ago. It sported an "L" prefix
so that makes it 1980. I tried mounting it but the sight picture was a bit blurry. I turned the focus
ring (Vari X II 3x9) lock to lock and the focus didn't improve.

Since 40 yrs had elapsed, I figured my eyesight had diminished to the point that the scope adjustment
just couldn't factor in my poor vision. I emailed my brother (20 yrs younger) that I was going to drop
the Leupold off on his porch.

In the meantime, I tried searching online for an instruction book or such to go with the scope. Nothing.
I ate dinner and tried one more time - Youtube.

Laughing at my stupid @$$ because the 'focus' ring was actually the lock ring located next to the zoom
ring. What you needed to focus grip both bells and turn the occular end. The threads had become a bit
gummed and adjust required a bit of effort.

I now have a nicely focused old Leupold again I will try mounting it on the 77/44 and head to the range
this weekend to sight it in....that is, if I can find the adjustment knobs without assistance. :)
Got a few of those things, love 'em.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top