JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After all the great advice I got regarding .45s, I somehow managed to spend my allotted $1K (plus an extra $75) on a like-new HK P7M8 w/ 5 mags. I don't know what the **** I was thinking... It just seemed like the right thing to do :)

Good deal? or Big mistake?

Total mistake dude... Sell it as soon as possible... to me.:D:D

Everything I have ever heard about those is that they are really accurate and a hoot to shoot. I came inches from buying one years ago. I was approaching the table with cash in hand when someone stepped in and bought it.

I will admit that if I had to think of a gun that was as opposite as possible to a full sized 1911 45, it may be a P7.

So to answer your question, it is a great deal if you like it, but a mistake if you want a 45. I would consider it a victory and go shooting!:s0155:

IF you can find magazines for sale, they are around $75.00, so you essentially go a M8 for $700.00! That's a screaming good deal! There are several devotee website messageboards about the P7; give it a google and find lots of pals.......................elsullo

IF you can find magazines for sale, they are around $75.00, so you essentially go a M8 for $700.00! That's a screaming good deal! There are several devotee website messageboards about the P7; give it a google and find lots of pals.......................elsullo

Thanks! Will check out the devotees. Hopefully the gun will live up to the claims :)

I had a P7M13 for years, and found that the recoil was very mild because the slide was so low to my hand. Really wonderful to shoot for the first hundred rounds or so...but then they do tend to heat up, because the gas system is just above your finger...it do get hot..

But I don't think that is a big problem because the pistol wasn't designed to be a sustained fire weapon. It was designed to be a defensive weapon where you would usually only fire a few rounds, so the heat issue wouldn't be a problem. Few people would take theirs out and fire 300 rounds through it 2-3 times a week.

The only time mine malfunctioned was after rolling around in the desert's fine dusty sand.. It only took a couple of puffs to blow the sand out and it worked fine again..

if I were you I'd be real happy. P7M8's are no longer manufactured and are getting harder and harder to find. Buying one for $1K is an excellent buy IMO

1911's on the other hand, are bountiful in selection. No matter what size/shape/options you want, someone makes one.

very nice gun. Check the P7 sites to confirm but from what I remember don't shoot any lead. It fouls up the gas system.

You have probably already heard this: also note that Winchester Silvertips were advised against, as shavings from the aluminum bullet jackets could foul the gasport. Those walnut grips only make me covet thy P7 even MORE.................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top