JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tried to upload an short MOV video produced on an old Pentax camera and was prompted that it was not an allowed extension.
What are the allowed picture and video extensions for this site?
Thank you

I tried to upload an short MOV video produced on an old Pentax camera and was prompted that it was not an allowed extension.
What are the allowed picture and video extensions for this site?
Thank you
Upload the video to an external site - not sure if photobucket does videos or not....

Then copy the link to that video into the video embedment tool.

Are you saying it is not a format issue? Bummer:(
I can only attach a video that is sanctioned and controlled by others? Double bummer:(:eek::(
My photos don't require I go public elsewhere to attach here. :)o_O
I was hoping to just reformat the MOV to some other format through a free download for video reformatting.

Are you trying to embed a video? If so, there is a limit to which video services the site will support for video embedding - I don't know that it's as much a file type issue as much as it's a site hosting issue. As for uploading a video to the site, that may be a no go if for no other reason than the amount of space videos would take up on the servers.

If I want to upload a video, I put it on Youtube first, then embed it with a link.

Here are the allowed video hosting sites:

VIDEO.JPG

Are you saying it is not a format issue? Bummer:(
I can only attach a video that is sanctioned and controlled by others? Double bummer:(:eek::(
My photos don't require I go public elsewhere to attach here. :)o_O
I was hoping to just reformat the MOV to some other format through a free download for video reformatting.

Having the option to upload video would drastically change the cost of this site I would assume because of the server space needed to keep them. @Joe Link ?

Most video is about 30 frames per second, so a 10 second video would require the same server space as 300 pictures...

A min video would be the same as 3,000 picture uploads.

I'm sure you get the point and could imagine what someone's 20-30 min hunting or shooting footage would do to a server with limited space

Last Edited:
Thank you for the nearly instant feed back.
The more I learn the more obtuse I become it would seem (age notwithstanding) but the explanations given here are clear and concise.
I got it. Makes perfect sense to me now.:)
Thank you.

Are you trying to embed a video? If so, there is a limit to which video services the site will support for video embedding - I don't know that it's as much a file type issue as much as it's a site hosting issue. As for uploading a video to the site, that may be a no go if for no other reason than the amount of space videos would take up on the servers.

If I want to upload a video, I put it on Youtube first, then embed it with a link.

Here are the allowed video hosting sites:

View attachment 327707

Having the option to upload video would drastically change the cost of this site I would assume because of the server space needed to keep them. @Joe Link ?

Most video is about 30 frames per second, so a 10 second video would require the same server space as 300 pictures...

A min video would be the same as 3,000 picture uploads.

I'm sure you get the point and could imagine what someone's 20-30 min hunting or shooting footage would do to a server with limited space

I have met both of you, in person, and had good conversation. I'm amazed that both of your heads are just normal sized, what with all the info you keep in them!

:s0134:

I have met both of you, in person, and had good conversation. I'm amazed that both of your heads are just normal sized, what with all the info you keep in them!

:s0134:

I don't keep all my smarts in THAT head....:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I think you give me more credit than I'm due, you've got a lot of very fine things to contribute yourself Mike :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top