JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And I dont wan't to by one of there guns!
There Bi-mart remington 45 ACP won't fit in the magazine of my sig 220.
Not long ago I had some 9mm ammo that cronographed just over 600fps. Not all in the box, just some.
Another box of remington 9mm had two rounds without primers. Actualy thats not true. One had half a primer! I don't know how it didn't blow on the assembly line.
All these problems with FMJ. Now for some reason the Hollow Points have been better. So far.

So other than randomly complain on the internet, have you done anything about it?
Like maybe contacting Remington and letting them know about it? If the ammo is truly defective and unsafe, they shouldn't have a problem replacing it....

I have seen a downward trend in Remington ammo as well. I really wonder of the company is getting enough feedback (complaints) to understand they have not just a problem with getting quality ammo out the door, but with Quality Assurance. If they have been getting feedback, then it's pretty apparent that the Customer Service department is lacking as well. Last year at our clubs sight-in service, one fellow had a new box of Remington 30-06 ammo, and one round in the box was not only missing a primer, but the case did not have a flash hole punched in it. It did have powder and a bullet, however.

If you read the "American Rifleman" or any other gun magazine, you will see several RECALL notices in every one recently, all for Remington ammunition. They have had QC issues since they got bought out by CEREBRUS or whoever they are. No doubt their union hack employees are doing some of it on purpose and the rest if the lack of concern with anything but profit in the new management.

I'm not saying their ammo is all bad, but it does bear watching.

I can tell you there R1911 pistol is utter junk. Mine broke on the sixth round and went back for a new slide and barrel. Their gun is one step from pot metal garbage.

You don't see anything of the sort. Perhaps you should experience the union work place first hand sometime?

I do however see an inability to reason or come to an intelligent conclusion.

Thanks for playing.

you have to assume that a company that produces millions of rounds is going to make mistakes. I mean are you perfect 1,000,000/1,000,000?

lets say they produce 95% good cartridges(big if).i bet the machines are more like 80-90%.(assuming only 10% are bad) that means 100,000 can possibly defective. when a machine is responsible for the whole reloading process accidents are bound to happen. Then bullets pass people on an assembly belt, they grab random cartridges to check size and look of the cartridge. they qc people probably only check 1-2 % of all cartridges sent out, so that could leave a possible 80,000 bad rounds.

maybe you just have bad luck?

Has anyone had problems with the Remington UMC hollow points in the green and white boxes? I bought quite a few in .40 SW in boxes of 50 from Bi-Mart but just stashed them - haven't shot any. ?? Thanks.

you have to assume that a company that produces millions of rounds is going to make mistakes. I mean are you perfect 1,000,000/1,000,000?

That's true, but I've never seen any other variety of ammo with as bad a "batting average" as Remington. Even uber cheap steel-cased ammo (Wolf, Bear, UCW, Tula) etc isn't plagued by these sorts of problems to the extent that Remington's UMC stuff is.

You would think that if you produced as much ammo as they do that the QC issues would be non existant due to the fact of modern electronic eyes that can detect abnormalities and kick the bad cartridge out of production. If this can be done on many high speed production lines than I would think that they would have the technology and SOP's in place to verify that the quality was up to standards. Seems that they have some major issues to work out if they dont go out of bussness before they get around to fixing them. I dont buy their ammo anymore due to the decline in consistancy that they used to have.

Well, unfortunately I have 20 boxes (1000 rounds) of it in .40. I haven't shot any of it yet, but it will go next, then I'll reload it, inspecting the cases well.

I've practiced with 500 rounds of FMJ UMC .38 special and 250 rounds of FMJ UMC .45auto in a Ruger GP100 and Sig P220 carry respectively. The carry and the P220 share the same magazine. Not one failure or problem. All were bought in the past 6 months. Also have fired a few 50 round boxes of the green stuff -- also with no problems.

The only brand I have had problems were with the WOLF FMJ .45auto. Several FTF, and ejections straight up in the air occassionally. I ended up selling some of that stuff.

Just my experience.

I have never had a problem with Remington ammo including a bunch of recent 9mm and .38 Special UMC stuff. I do, however, prefer Federal ammo in my revolvers as all of them have lightened triggers and Federal ammo has the most sensitive primers which improves ignition reliability.

I don't have any of their .22lr ammo, just 1,000 rounds of the .40 hollow point from Bi-Mart, and about 200 rounds for the .270. The .270 ammo is about 20 years old, high and dry and I'm not worried about it. I've shot 3 or 4 boxes of it over the years and it's dead on accurate (130gr psp) and just fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top