JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They did some trigger work on two of my rifles and did a good job for a fair price.I thought their service was excellent.They were friendly and I will definitely go back.

A few years ago, I.....er......made a bit of a mess of something as a result of a few too many beers and a little too much confidence that sometime accompanies that....so I took the mess to them in a box..... and with my hat in my other hand......and they had a bigtime chance to do a real number on me, if you know what I mean.....but they didn't.

They were fair. And they didn't call me a dummy. Although I deserved it.

They've had my 870 for two weeks to remove a dime sized dent from the magazine tube. Nice guys but so far the turn around hasn't been great.

Took them about a month to get it back to me but they had to purchase a special tool to fix it. Really fantastic work you cant even tell anything happened, looks brand new.

I asked about rebarreling a Savage today and the old man on the phone told me the gunsmith didn't have time or the inclination to be bothered with it. I find that very poor in customer service and makes me feel like they don't want any bussiness, if they have that much work they can tell me that, then I will never go there for anything.

Always seem really put out to answer questions whether it be advice, or something I'm looking for. I've even been hung up on, it went something like this:
ME-"Hello I'm looking for a 'X' do you have it?"
ACGW-"No."
ME-"I'm also..."
ACGW-Click (hangs up phone)
ME-"... looking for a...hello...hello?"
I've never recieved a call back when leaving a message for work I need done either. I always hear what a great place this is, they must be doing pretty good, because they sure don't seem to want my business.

They were good to me though the $45.00 or $50.00 I was quoted turned out to be $60.00. They told me alot about my gun and told me what could be and what wouldn't be worth fixing. I'd go back as I won't use the Gun Room!!

Previous experiences with them have made me swear that I will live with a broken gun before they get thier hands on it. I am not a happy customer of A&C. I have bought several guns from them before and that went fine, no complaints there. As far as gunsmiths and attiude you can do alot better many other places.
Handling out grades - buying guns C+, Selling and or trading guns D-, gunsmithing D based on attitude and ability to have what I needed done in a reasonable amout of time for an adequate price.

James Ruby

Bumping this review thread. I was just recommended to take an older Remington to these guys for repair. Though the online reviews and this thread doesn't strike confidence in me.

Anyone have any update on their customer service?

Update: I called back after reading the reviews, and apparently they shouldn't have given me their name/number as they aren't a 'Platinum Service Members' any longer.

I've gone in several times looking for USED firearms and spoke with them. They were friendly and it didn't look like they had business. But what do I know.

As for their gunsmithing?? Well, I've asked about some jobs I had on my back burner. Prices were not discussed because I didn't bring in the problem firearm. It was more of, sort of like, a "job interview." At any rate......for some of my projects they have at times recommended someone else to do the work. I like that.

"A man's gotta know his limitations."

Aloha, Mark

it's been 3 weeks waiting on my autoloader SG issue. called them today and they're just now looking at it. in the past they've been very knowledgeable but not the best turn around. when i get the gun back we'll see if i'm ecstatic about the work or wanting to throw it in the river.

I took in a 24" Bushmaster AR barrel to be shortened and re-crowned. They said it would be $75 and a few days. They called that same afternoon to say it was finished and I could pick it up. Great job on the crown too.

Ihave been in twice. For very simple issues with hunting rifles.
They seemed knowledgeable but not really into human interaction, yet not insulting in any way.
Price seemed high, turn around time a little long. I attribute it to being very busy though.
They once told me that they did not deal with black rifles though.
I wouldn't tell someone to not go there.

I'm going on my 6th week on waiting for my two shotguns, one to change a pad and the other to figure out why it doesn't cycle. This is after I was told it would take two weeks. When inquiring about them several times I was given excuses and made to feel like I was wrong to inquire. I cannot recommend this gun shop to anyone, too bad we have so few gunsmith's in the area. I'm far from being a happy camper.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.