JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have any experience with Alliant's new double base spherical Power Pro 1200-R? It is supposed to be similar in burning rate to their Reloder 10x. Since most of the usual suspects for loading .223 ammo have disappeared, I went ahead and ordered a pair of 8 lb kegs of it. At least it is made in the USA. I am guessing it is close to Accurate 2200 as well. Hoping that someone has tried it and would appreciate any comments.

Did you by chance order it from Midway? If so be prepared for a wait. Midway doesn't stock powder, they ship from either the Mfr. or a Warehousing Distributor. Minimum 4 week delay.

That's the good news. The rest of the news is that you're basically on your own for load data. Even Alliant doesn't show it as an available product with any "factory recipes". Alliant has already replied to other inquiries that "We're not sure if it's like 2200".

Good luck.

No, I didn't order it from Midway, I found a reliable vendor who has it in stock and priced $30 less than Midway. It will probably still take them a few days to ship it, since they are more than a little busy right now. And Alliant does have data for the .223 on their website, it is just carefully concealed within their loading guide. For some reason, they don't have a dedicated product page for the Power Pro 1200-R. Perhaps it is a limited run, like Accurate has done in the past with their Data Powders.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top