JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well done to the motorist for calling this in. He can claim $500 from OHA also.

The Turn-In-Poachers (TIP) reward is paid for information leading to the arrest/conviction of person(s) for the illegal possession, killing, taking, and/or waste of deer, elk, antelope, bear, cougar, big horn sheep, mountain goat, moose, and/or game birds.

TIP rewards can also be given for the illegal taking, netting, snagging, and/or dynamiting of salmon, steelhead, sturgeon, and/or large numbers of any fish listed in Oregon statute as a game fish.

In addition, a reward may be issued for information that results in an arrest/conviction of a person who has illegally obtained Oregon hunting/angling license or tags. People who "work" the system and falsely apply for resident licenses and/or tags are not legally hunting and/or angling and are considered poachers.

Increasing damage to wildlife habitat by off-road vehicles prompted the Oregon Hunters
Association (OHA) in 2009 to create the Natural Resources Reward Program that offers a $200 reward for information leading to the arrest of anyone causing natural resources damage by the illegal use of motorized vehicles and is similar to its highly successful TIP program.

• $100 Game Fish
  • $100 Upland Birds
  • $200 Habitat
  • $250 Deer, Bear, Antelope, and Cougar
  • $500 Elk, Big Horn Sheep, Moose, and Mountain Goat

How to Report a Wildlife and/or Habitat Law Violation or Suspicious Activity:

TIP Hotline: 1-800-452-7888 (24/7)
TIP E-Mail: [email protected] (Monitored M-F 8:00AM - 5:00PM)

What great hunters. I have walked to within 100ft of those big nutted animals a few times and they could have cared less.

DSC_5929.JPG

I've walked into them on the Owyhee river and up in the Steens, I've been really surprised by their lack of immediate fear. I guess finding them and getting to them is what make them hard to hunt, but probably more so finding the 'right' one.
Hate to be long winded but it brings back the time my boy and I were keeping up on a bachelor elk herd not far from my home. There were 6 branched bulls in the group, smallest was a 5x5 but none were rag horns. We'd been seeing them for the better part of a month a couple times a week late in the summer just before archery season. Still in velvet. One evening we drove up to a ridge we'd been seeing them from and I saw buzzards circling just below the ridge line, one was sitting out on a snag leaning out over the clear cut above a few more that were on the ground. I said 'oh sh*t' and pulled out the binos. The boy asked what was up, he could tell I was getting heated up. I could see the bodies of 2 of the bulls laying on the ground about 300 yards out. We drove over as close as we could get and hoofed it up the hill. There were 3 6x6's laying there. One had a slice through one of its hindquarters but that was it. One bullet hole each. All lying within about a 5 yd radius. I was major PO'd!. One of my best friends had a State gamie friend at the time. I called him, he said call the TIP line. I called, starting to explain which logging road they needed to be on, after about 5 minutes the guy say's "that's all the I can type", like the field was full.
The next day after I got home from work I grabbed the vid cam and the boy and headed into the woods. I got to within about 1/3 of a mile of the landing and ran into multiple police cars and trucks. Of course they wanted to talk to me and see what I was doing up there. I explained I was the one who called it in and asked if I could take some video. They said no but wanted me to come over and look in the back of a truck. They had the 3 racks in the bed (cut off the heads). I commented that the velvet was intact the night before as I noticed it was partly stripped on one of them. I asked why they did that, they said they didn't. That's the way they found them and that one of the carcusses had been cut up more. They were frustrated as they believed they were fresh when I got to them and the perps had returned for the spoils. They said had they known they were that fresh they would have staked it out from the night before. I commented on my frustration at the dispatcher who had claimed they couldn't take any more information as the form was full.
Over the next few months I saw flyers around and even heard a couple radio spots regarding a reward. The feds had said that 2 more had been shot the same way just over the county line, which was only a few miles from the ones I found. I ended up going and getting ivories out of them once they loosened up. This was in around 2000.
That TIP line works, those guys take their jobs seriously.

Oh yes, the wily Bighorn Sheep...

One of my co-workers hand-feeding Bighorns on Sheep Ridge just outside of Enterprise, OR. I can't figure out why ODFW charges so much to hunt these critters when you could walk up and harvest one with a rock.:
Sheepridge001.jpg Sheepridge002.jpg Sheepridge.jpg

Shame on these two a**holes! Man I love seeing those sheep there on I84!

Oh yes, the wily Bighorn Sheep...

One of my co-workers hand-feeding Bighorns on Sheep Ridge just outside of Enterprise, OR. I can't figure out why ODFW charges so much to hunt these critters when you could walk up and harvest one with a rock.:
View attachment 286708 View attachment 286709 View attachment 286711

Shame on these two a**holes! Man I love seeing those sheep there on I84!
Teir skulls are a little different than a deer's. I don't think Mark and his 70mph hammer would kill one of these,lol with a head shot.
Yeah, big horns are about like shooting (not hunting) bison. Both cost a bit to get a tag too

Nothing angers me more than poachers. There's never a reason to kill for the sake of killing. Doesn't matter if it's an animal or person.
If you hunt it better be to feed yourself or your family.

These people are scum. They need to be hunted.

It pisses me off too, only 20 miles from my house. I see these bighorns all the time when I'm hunting in the Deschutes. I hope the judge throws the book at these idiots!!!!!!!

IMG_0894_zpsffc0d317.jpg

Nothing angers me more than poachers. There's never a reason to kill for the sake of killing. Doesn't matter if it's an animal or person.
If you hunt it better be to feed yourself or your family.

These people are scum. They need to be hunted.
These guys are killing for money. They think there is some value in parts of the animal

Ever notice the hunters get in more trouble for killing (poaching) and their penalties are more strict than say a rapist or domestic abuser?

I've always wondered about this.

We have gangbangers in Portland who are let out early only to keep the cycle going while a poacher is crucified.

(I have no sympathy for criminals, just pointing something out that's been on the mind..)

(Yay, this post earned me my 3,000th liked post)

Last Edited:
I've got a friend who has two bighorn sheep heads on his wall. He drew a tag, and his wife also managed to draw one and shoot one! Might be the only home in Oregon with two of them...

This is looking out the back door of the house we had in Wyoming:
dscf0006_zpsvu0mmyef.jpg

Ever notice the hunters get in more trouble for killing (poaching) and their penalties are more strict than say a rapist or domestic abuser?

I've always wondered about this.

We have gangbangers in Portland who are let out early only to keep the cycle going while a poacher is crucified.

(I have no sympathy for criminals, just pointing something out that's been on the mind..)

(Yay, this post earned me my 3,000th liked post)
I notice. I also notice often times those who would see a poacher skinned alive and posted on YouTube for killing an innocent animal have no problem whatsoever when it comes to killing an innocent of their own species.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top