JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed> Vid here...

Clerk fights off two alleged robbers with feather duster

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Two would-be robbers made a clean getaway when a convenience store clerk armed with a feather duster fought him off.

A man dressed in black from head to toe, armed with a machete marched into a popular Waltham convenience store and demanded the clerk to put money in the bag.

You can see on the surveillance video the robber slamming the 3-foot blade down on the counter, which left a divot. The clerk, Jackie Patel, says by the door there was a second man threatening he had a gun.

“I heard gun, gun, gun. Put money in the bag, put money in the bag,” said Patel.

But instead of putting any money in the bag, Patel armed himself with a duster, and then he made a phone call 911. He says that was enough to send the would-be robbers out the door.

“That's amazing to me. I can't believe someone would be able to fend someone off with a feather duster as opposed to someone who has a machete,” said Steven Vasquezi, a customer.

Regular customers say it is a nice neighborhood convenience store and they are shocked.

“Is it surprising? Yes. Am I afraid? No,” said Dave Owens, a customer.

The counter and ice cream case endured the brunt of this crime. Patel on the other hand says he wasn't scared by the robber with the arm length machete. And by the looks of the surveillance video, which shows Patel calmly stirring his coffee, he wasn't lying.

But his customers were concerned for him.

“Thank goodness nothing harmful happened,” said Owens.

There were three customers inside during the attempted robbery, but no one was injured.

Police are still looking for those two robbers.

(Copyright (c) 2010 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top