JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't own any firearms.... frankly they make me uncomfortable.

I frequent Northwestfirearms.com for it's open, welcoming, progressive, friendly, and ballanced members. The communities collective open mindedness and tolerance keep me coming back again and again. :rolleyes:

I wonder how that worked out in Canada. The big cities in eastern Canada made all these laws about picking up the handguns and registering the rifles and handguns. But I know that many in the rural areas did not comply and the government kept giving them extensions of time to register. Then the long gun registry that had cost them millions was tossed out recently, I believe. Handguns are still not legal last I heard.

This is quite true. Just got done talking to a Canadian about this very thing earlier today. Unlike the Australians, the Canadians (even the Provincial governments) refused to comply and the Federal government, despite lots of intimidation and threats, just gave up trying to enforce it.

Keith

This is quite true. Just got done talking to a Canadian about this very thing earlier today. Unlike the Australians, the Canadians (even the Provincial governments) refused to comply and the Federal government, despite lots of intimidation and threats, just gave up trying to enforce it.

Keith

Almost right. Yes, several provences did not co-operate, but that did not really matter as the long fgun registration was run by the RCMP which is federal. However....

Harper ran on the removal of the long gun registration as a useless waste of money that had zero impact on crime. It was originally sold as a $30 million dollar program that balloned to over $3 Billion for manpower and computers, and then upgraded computers, and computer software...

The people of Canada elected Harper and his conservatives to get the spending under control...one of those things that got dumped was the long gun regiatration.

Exactly the same as when Ron Paul suggested getting rid of the ATF and the DEA (and other departments of government that serve no useful purpose like the Department of Education and the EPA) to save money and cut government spending,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top