JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
we tested using the silver colored space blankets against a couple of the handheld flir units. the 99 cent space blankets defeated the $6000 handheld flir units as long as you held the space blankets a couple inches away from your body. I was thinking of sewing one of the higher quality $10 space blankets onto my $30 gi issue poncho so that it is tactical and can defeat the flir.

I suppose if your operating in an area where PPL routinely wear space blankets this might be helpful as a general disguise but even if these blankets did not allow heat to pass through the net result is the wearer will have heat related distress rather soon and of course on a screen they would appear as a moving black object.

Don't forget the sheer Size of the country and places to hide, etc. plus most folks who would be against the guvment aren't goatherds. Many have experience and have been trained well by our Armed Forces. The troops working for the committee for state security would be the early pita to the militia. After a time you would see whole military units say efff this, this is not what I signed up to do, kill Americans. Steve has got it right. This is the Whole reason for gun grabbing. Remove the ability to defend.

Brutus out

Sgt. Nambu... nope... You blend into the population and then shoot the government people with gear. Then you TAKE THEIR GEAR and hand it out to others to create more insurgents and better prepare yourself. That's what every insurgent group has done to the US military and they tend to beat them by doing so.

Wash rinse and repeat. This is why any time I hear someone say that an armed uprising in the US could never work I shake my head.

I used to work as a russian crypto in the USAF for NSA. Was stationed all over and ended up at AFIWC HQ (air force intelligence warfare center headquarters) And everyone there agreed that an armed insurgency in the US would beat the federal gov't in a matter of months.

Here's the breakdown.
Militia groups would be able to, with the armament at their disposal, the ability to blend into the US population, and the ability to make armor piercing rounds out of brass swaged steel be able to shoot enough well equipped troops to be able to balance the battlefield fairly quickly in terms of small and medium arms. Seizing anti armor and anti air arms from equipped troops or raiding armories that are equipped with them. Then you'd find people would be able to hack or jam military comms because there are significant numbers of ex military that would join resistance groups and provide expertise.

But most telling would be the fact that us military requires constant supply from the continental US without impediments. If the Continental US had rebellion ongoing, shipments of vital supplies would grind to a halt or be untrustworthy due to sabotage in factory or in the supply chain and thus the whole mechanism would grind to a halt or be massively degraded.

the US military is a powerful machine... but it is too complex and too inter-reliant. If you deny it fuel or food it breaks down because it's so specialized and so reliant on solid supply lines. Break those... it crashes and burns.

If anyone doubts for a minute that small arms armed militias could bring down the US gov't... given time... think again. Heavier weapons would be seized, supplies raided and Planes have to land... and need fuel... deny resupply of fuel... the plane doesn't fly. And look at history, every time the US military has had to face insurgent combat... it's pretty much failed to get ahead of it. An insurgency in the US would not end well for the federal government.

Just saying... the military knows that it couldn't win a rebellion in the US. Chances are they'd turn on the federal gov't if push came to shove.

And,...unlike when facing armed rebellion in a foreign country they would also have the additional problem of anyone being able to masquerade as one of the military or the government.
Ahmed Al'Ziuohertu cannot walk into the ranks of US Marines and pass as Lt. Col Johnson, but Randy Jacobs sure could.

we tested using the silver colored space blankets against a couple of the handheld flir units. the 99 cent space blankets defeated the $6000 handheld flir units as long as you held the space blankets a couple inches away from your body. I was thinking of sewing one of the higher quality $10 space blankets onto my $30 gi issue poncho so that it is tactical and can defeat the flir.

The thing is that energy is absorbed and then re-emitted by everything. Having a reflective blanket will reflect the emitted energy back towards your body or towards another surface.

If you really want to defeat Thermal Imaging, simply stand behind a window. TI cannot see through glass ;)

This TI from one of my projects shows that the TI cannot see thru glass. The glass reflects the emitted energy from the surrounding interior objects like the radiant ceiling panels.

precisely. The fact is that a large number of us citizens could assume military uniforms and walk right into the middle of the unit occupying a section of town and knock out significant personnel or supplies. Imagine poisoning the water supply truck base, or spiking the fuel storage tanks with something like magnesium which when ignited would burn a hole in engine components or ruin engine blocks and you're dealing with people whose culture and language you share. The US military simply could not hold the US. It simply could not do it.

Further there's no such thing as bullet proof. The "armored urban vehicles" everyone likes to point to for DHS would be shot full of holes by 30-06 rounds if you used steel perpetrator rods swagged in copper or brass. That stuff cuts right through ballistic glass. All you need for that is basic tools and a 6-10 ton press for swagging the rounds in copper. As for the urban tanklike vehicles. IED worked in iraq... they'd work here.

The simple point is... the federal gov't will not be engaging the us population anytime soon. They'd have to first disarm us. Which is not gonna happen because too many citizens would start shooting police or feds that tried to take their guns.

One of the things that my old supervisor in the AF used to tell me is this.
He was a retrained CMSGT from the security police that was cross trained into the intel field.
The big secret about the sp's and police in general that they do not want people to learn and know is that cops bleed blood and die like anyone else... and they are vastly outnumbered by citizens. If the citizens ever figured this out and used their numbers against the police... we'd have been screwed.

People assume that the big weapon that the police and the feds have is automatic weapons and military ammo. Well that's wrong. The big weapon they have is a bluff. That's it. They bluff their way along hoping people won't question them or fight back. If people fought back with deadly force they would be screwed and they know it. That's why they never let things get to the point that people start shooting back at them. It's a carefully played bluff... that's it.

The thing is that energy is absorbed and then re-emitted by everything. Having a reflective blanket will reflect the emitted energy back towards your body or towards another surface.

If you really want to defeat Thermal Imaging, simply stand behind a window. TI cannot see through glass ;)

As that blanket heats up it becomes a glowing blob. Only an ambient temperature equal to your body temperature comes close to beating it or objects between you and the imager that is not collecting you body heat by proximity. They can easily detect increments of 1/2 degree.
Someone hiding, say behind a bunch of boxes or garbage, emits heat and that heat is dissipated in the air, and the result is streaks of heat from any crack or opening that lets it out. It can detect tracks from someone walking or running if viewed soon enough.
Simply put it is damned hard to defeat. Steam or super heated air can cloak vehicles and personnel but it definitely does not hide it, as it comes across as a glowing wall. Not really effective except for exact positions of either. Also the resolution is such it can define a rabbit from a couple miles away. No it cannot see through walls unless you are close to or touching the wall, nor can it see through glass. The lenses are a metal called germanium. They are cut much the same shape as normal lenses, usually with diamond turning or flycut.

Blue Thunder. Science Fiction turned science fact.

Precisely, and when tied to a weapons system can lock onto a target from a moving helo or fixed wing and stay locked on to the heat source. It seldom misses. Computers can compensate for speed, angle and distance.
ie; single shot, dead target. And it gets more sophisticated every day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top