JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
this is what the anti's want they only need 1 plant to fire a blank and all hell will break loose people will die, then they will have the ammo so to speak to push for gun confiscation and also to show that gun owners are the wackos like they have been trying to make us look like. BAD IDEA

Back in January there were thousands that marched on Capitals with firearms and it was peaceful. It was well publicized so if there were going to be planted unruly people it should have happened then as well. Granted, most of the long guns were unloaded. I'm willing to bet 99 percent of handguns were loaded condition one.

Isn't it illegal(not that any law breaking is a problem these days)in DC to have a handgun loaded or otherwise. They will be arrested and does that end your CHL carring days? Other state capitals are not Wash DC Capital I am sure you could be labled a domestic terrorists its Gitmo time with no due process. This AG holder would take it to the max exluding bombers.

Hmmmm one makes me think this is Liberal motivated?:s0131:

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Just Google the words Adam Kokesh hoax. He has a long history of affiliation with left wing groups. Basically he is a media form of an agent provocateur. Unfortunately, I'm sure he will draw at least some to this march.

Isn't it illegal(not that any law breaking is a problem these days)in DC to have a handgun loaded or otherwise. They will be arrested and does that end your CHL carring days? Other state capitals are not Wash DC Capital I am sure you could be labled a domestic terrorists its Gitmo time with no due process. This AG holder would take it to the max exluding bombers.

Exactly. I hope it isn't this, but it has been suggested that it is an attempt to get something to happen (besides the arrests which would happen) and give the government a chance to declare a national emergency, etc. While I don't think it is that, stranger things have happened from our government already - guns to cartels, etc. So, I am just seeking to be watchful and prepared should anything happen. Again, not likely but doesn't hurt to be prepared.

It would be BETTER for our cause if a bunch of gun owners showed up without firearms, looking just like our anti-gun neighbors, holding signs that say things like, "I am a _____, I am your neighbor. This is the face of gun ownership." The "____" could be anything like: father, mother, husband, wife, doctor, lawyer, police officer, nurse, tow truck driver, mechanic, pizza delivery boy, pastor, tax payer, etc. Anything that draws the connection that we, gun owners, are normal people.

You don't need a gun to identify yourself as a gun owner.

When Wall Street protestors and other anarchist types take over cities and have marches, nothing is done about them.
Why do I think that will not be the case here?

What were they trying to take from the Wall Street crowd? And what are they trying to take from the gun people
That's the whole point. The Wall Street crowd was nothing more than a bunch of trouble makers. They interfered with how cities were run and damaged property. Yet the cities where those groups caused problems did little to nothing about them. The 2A group won't be interferring with the actions of others/cities, and they won't be engaging in destructive behavior; they will be defending their constitutional rights. But you can bet that the city will be all over them, where as they would have ignored the Wall Streeters.

How often do those groups show up with guns?

Again, we don't have to bring guns to identify ourselves as gun owners.
I'm thinking you don't understand my post. I didn't say I supported or opposed what they are doing.
I am saying liberal politicians are hypocrites who enforce rules differently for different groups. If they
support what you are doing -Wall Streeters-they do nothing. If they don't support what you are doing-
2A rights-they come down on you like a ton of bricks.

When Wall Street protestors and other anarchist types take over cities and have marches, nothing is done about them.
Why do I think that will not be the case here?

Yep, nothing!!

liznicholsjpg-b7237c42d33b29d7.jpg

Do, I think it's a good idea? No

Do I think it's going to help or hurt our cause? It's going to hurt, even if everything is peaceful and the cops sit down and enjoy coffee and bagels with them, it will be spun as negative by the majority of the media.

Do I think they have the right to do? Yes

Should they care what I think? Maybe

I'm thinking you don't understand my post. I didn't say I supported or opposed what they are doing.
I am saying liberal politicians are hypocrites who enforce rules differently for different groups. If they
support what you are doing -Wall Streeters-they do nothing. If they don't support what you are doing-
2A rights-they come down on you like a ton of bricks.

If we're being honest, our side often does a lot to hurt itself. We KNOW the media is about ratings and sensationalism. We KNOW how they like to portray us. As a matter of fact, I'm already looking at this headline:

"Kook organizes armed march on D.C."

...and honestly, what else could we possibly expect? We know what they want, and we give it to them-- repeatedly. They want us to validate their portrayal of us. They want us to show up with guns, and "dare the police to do something about it". Lo and behold, people decide it's a good idea to do exactly that.

If we're being honest, our side often does a lot to hurt itself. We KNOW the media is about ratings and sensationalism. We KNOW how they like to portray us. As a matter of fact, I'm already looking at this headline:

"Kook organizes armed march on D.C."

...and honestly, what else could we possibly expect? We know what they want, and we give it to them-- repeatedly. They want us to validate their portrayal of us. They want us to show up with guns, and "dare the police to do something about it". Lo and behold, people decide it's a good idea to do exactly that.

darn you mean the media really got something right this time, from what I've heard they are spot on this time

What's really interesting about a lot of the replies on here is the number of people who think that this event is exclusively about gun rights. It's not, it's exercising the right to carry a gun *in conjunction with* a political protest on broader ideas.

Some people have this notion that guns actually support other rights (like the right to assemble and speak), while others seem to think that guns may only be used exclusively in recreational activities or self-defense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top