JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is this true? I don't know, I heard it on the internet so it has to be! Bonjour!

65278_396271727127541_1401722902_n_zps05169f24.jpg

What's the difference these days between R & D? Modern day conservatives are just last year's liberals.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

What's the difference these days between R & D? Modern day conservatives are just last year's liberals.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

The people and what they believe in are very different actually, the actual R & D parties they vote for though are much the same in actual outcome of who and what they serve.

I read it on the innerwebs, so it must be true!

1. Nidal Hasan (the Ft. Hood shooter) lived in either Virginia (his state of residence prior to being sent to Ft. Hood) or Texas, neither of which has partisan registration. Therefore the claim that he was a "registered Democrat" is false. I do not know if he voted or how he voted, but I do know that unless he was registered in a state in which he did not reside, that the claim that he is a registered Democrat is FALSE.

2. Since Virginia does not have partisan registration there is also no way to tell whether Seung-Hui Cho was a Democrat, but again because there is no partisan registration in the state we can say that the claim that he is a registered Democrat is FALSE.

3. The allegation that James Holmes was registered Democrat was based on a Breitbart blogger Joel B. Pollack, who found voter registration records for a DIFFERENT James Holmes who was about the same age. Alex Jones' Infowars and other right-wing websites then dutifully repeated the lie without verifying it. It was later determined that the Colorado Theater Shooter James Holmes was NOT registered to vote, as evidenced by this retraction: {Newly-released information on the suspect's birthdate (which, as indicated in our initial report, was a slight mismatch), combined with new details Breitbart News has obtained about the suspect's likely addresses, together suggest that the suspect may, in fact, not have been registered to vote.}. However, most of right-wing media continued to promote the lie without printing Breitbart sites retraction. The claim that James Holmes was a registered Democrat is FALSE.

4. The claim that Adama Lanza is a registered Democrat has been suggested based not on any evidence that he was registered as one, but on the rather dubious claim that because Connecticut has almost 2 to 1 Democratic registration over Republicans, he was probably a Democrat. (Claim: "Adam Lanza, NewtownConn murderer. Registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by about a 2-1 ratio in Connecticut. The odds are therefore that the Lanza family are (sic) Democrats.") This of course is a bogus argument to begin with, but even if we were to make the claim that a mass shooter's political affiliation must be the same as the majority of the people in his area, we can debunk this foolish idea by taking this shoddy analysis down to the local level. Yes, Connecticut voted for Barack Obama, BUT the city of Newtown voted for Mitt Romney. If we look at the results we find that Mitt Romney defeated Barack Obama in Newtown by 7451-6784 votes or 51.7 percent to 47 percent. Republican Senate candidate and Tea Party favorite Linda McMahon carried the city over Democrat Chris Murphy by an even larger margin. Add in the other information we have that Lanza's mother was a "doomsday prepper" and a home schooler in a Republican-leaning city and we can pretty well dispense with the erroneous assumption that Lanza must have been a Democrat. We can therefore claim that with no evidence to support the claim, the assertion that Lanza was a Democrat is not demonstrated and that in the absence of any evidence it is likely FALSE.

5. Klebold and Harris of course were not old enough to vote and they had no apparent political affiliation. Allegations that they came from families of Democrats or liberal progressives appear to have no sources to substantiate those claims. What little ideology the boys demonstrated owed mostly to an admiration for Timothy McVeigh not Ted Kennedy. Harris' father was a retired Air Force pilot and Eric Harris wanted to join the Marine Corps. The boys lived in Littleton, Colorado a relatively conservative and affluent suburb of Denver. The claim that their parents were Democrats is UNSUBSTANTIATED. Any suggestion that the two boys were Democrats is demonstrably FALSE.

Interestingly, Hedgecock and those on the far right have conveniently overlooked a number of cases where ideology is clearly right-wing. The acts below are instances of right-wing violence that are unequivocally committed by people who are openly hostile to liberalism. While this does not mean these killers are Republicans, it is quite clear that they are RIGHT-WINGERS and that they have far more in common with Mr. Hedgecock, Alex Jones and the other gun-toting conspiracy nuts on the right than with any evils associated with the Democratic Party or liberalism. In addition, to the list below is the obvious case of Timothy McVeigh, who I have not included because his crime was not committed with firearms. It was however, committed by a right-winger and the carnage was on a massive scale.

I read it on the innerwebs, so it must be true!

1. Nidal Hasan (the Ft. Hood shooter) lived in either Virginia (his state of residence prior to being sent to Ft. Hood) or Texas, neither of which has partisan registration. Therefore the claim that he was a "registered Democrat" is false. I do not know if he voted or how he voted, but I do know that unless he was registered in a state in which he did not reside, that the claim that he is a registered Democrat is FALSE.

2. Since Virginia does not have partisan registration there is also no way to tell whether Seung-Hui Cho was a Democrat, but again because there is no partisan registration in the state we can say that the claim that he is a registered Democrat is FALSE.

3. The allegation that James Holmes was registered Democrat was based on a Breitbart blogger Joel B. Pollack, who found voter registration records for a DIFFERENT James Holmes who was about the same age. Alex Jones' Infowars and other right-wing websites then dutifully repeated the lie without verifying it. It was later determined that the Colorado Theater Shooter James Holmes was NOT registered to vote, as evidenced by this retraction: {Newly-released information on the suspect's birthdate (which, as indicated in our initial report, was a slight mismatch), combined with new details Breitbart News has obtained about the suspect's likely addresses, together suggest that the suspect may, in fact, not have been registered to vote.}. However, most of right-wing media continued to promote the lie without printing Breitbart sites retraction. The claim that James Holmes was a registered Democrat is FALSE.

4. The claim that Adama Lanza is a registered Democrat has been suggested based not on any evidence that he was registered as one, but on the rather dubious claim that because Connecticut has almost 2 to 1 Democratic registration over Republicans, he was probably a Democrat. (Claim: "Adam Lanza, NewtownConn murderer. Registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by about a 2-1 ratio in Connecticut. The odds are therefore that the Lanza family are (sic) Democrats.") This of course is a bogus argument to begin with, but even if we were to make the claim that a mass shooter's political affiliation must be the same as the majority of the people in his area, we can debunk this foolish idea by taking this shoddy analysis down to the local level. Yes, Connecticut voted for Barack Obama, BUT the city of Newtown voted for Mitt Romney. If we look at the results we find that Mitt Romney defeated Barack Obama in Newtown by 7451-6784 votes or 51.7 percent to 47 percent. Republican Senate candidate and Tea Party favorite Linda McMahon carried the city over Democrat Chris Murphy by an even larger margin. Add in the other information we have that Lanza's mother was a "doomsday prepper" and a home schooler in a Republican-leaning city and we can pretty well dispense with the erroneous assumption that Lanza must have been a Democrat. We can therefore claim that with no evidence to support the claim, the assertion that Lanza was a Democrat is not demonstrated and that in the absence of any evidence it is likely FALSE.

5. Klebold and Harris of course were not old enough to vote and they had no apparent political affiliation. Allegations that they came from families of Democrats or liberal progressives appear to have no sources to substantiate those claims. What little ideology the boys demonstrated owed mostly to an admiration for Timothy McVeigh not Ted Kennedy. Harris' father was a retired Air Force pilot and Eric Harris wanted to join the Marine Corps. The boys lived in Littleton, Colorado a relatively conservative and affluent suburb of Denver. The claim that their parents were Democrats is UNSUBSTANTIATED. Any suggestion that the two boys were Democrats is demonstrably FALSE.

Interestingly, Hedgecock and those on the far right have conveniently overlooked a number of cases where ideology is clearly right-wing. The acts below are instances of right-wing violence that are unequivocally committed by people who are openly hostile to liberalism. While this does not mean these killers are Republicans, it is quite clear that they are RIGHT-WINGERS and that they have far more in common with Mr. Hedgecock, Alex Jones and the other gun-toting conspiracy nuts on the right than with any evils associated with the Democratic Party or liberalism. In addition, to the list below is the obvious case of Timothy McVeigh, who I have not included because his crime was not committed with firearms. It was however, committed by a right-winger and the carnage was on a massive scale.

Thanks for the fact check.

We have hit an all time new low. Trlsmn you should be ashamed. How hard would it be to fact check your drivel? Would it be too much to expect that a MODERATOR of this website would know to put a joke in the Off Topic area? Come on! I can only imagine the howls of protest had a similar thing been posted that showed al these nut jobs were conservative.

Oh, gosh, guys! This is tongue-in-cheek! Relax! I can only guess how hard it must be to be a pro gun lib/dem. But let me assure you it is not harder than being a Con/Rep living on a blue state!

Oh, gosh, guys! This is tongue-in-cheek! Relax. I can only guess how hard it must be to be a pro gun lib/dem. But let me assure you it is not harder than being a Con/Rep living on a blue state!

There is a joke area in the Off Topic room. That's where this belonged.

I feel sorry for the pro gun liberal, Disliked by both parties.

Just kidding . We need more pro gun liberals for the Government to ignore like the rest of us.

Here's to you Mr Liberal gun owner guy.

Looks like the liberal attack machine has gotten out of bed. It was so great last few weeks of silence. They are really good at being critical about everything but you don't hear anything about what they are doing to help prevent the gun control laws from happening. Wait I got it they want them to happen. 2A pretenders.

You mean like when you and fd15k were saying prior to the elections that Obama wouldn't do anything to to restrict our 2A rights, and the rest of us who thought otherwise were paranoid, tin-foil wearin', right-wingnuts... Hmmm?

BTW- The reasons you don't hear about "left-wing" gun violence is for the simple fact that it doesn't fit the MSM narrative, and because most "lefties" that have a propensity for physical violence (i.e. Occupoopers) don't have a job and can't afford a gun.

Looks like the liberal attack machine has gotten out of bed. It was so great last few weeks of silence. They are really good at being critical about everything but you don't hear anything about what they are doing to help prevent the gun control laws from happening. Wait I got it they want them to happen. 2A pretenders.

I don't think that their air-softs where mentioned in obama's ban..:)

You mean like when you and fd15k were saying prior to the elections that Obama wouldn't do anything to to restrict our 2A rights, and they rest of us were paranoid, tin-foil wearin', right-wingnuts... Hmmm?

BTW- The reasons you don't hear about "left-wing" gun violence is for the simple fact that it doesn't fit the MSM narrative, and because most "lefties" that have a propensity for physical violence (i.e. Occupoopers) don't have a job and can't afford a gun.

What he said.:s0155:

The only problem I have with this thread is the fact that, jokingly or not, it was started by a moderator. I would think moderators would have a bit more tact and be less divisive.

The only problem I have with this thread is the fact that, jokingly or not, it was started by a moderator. I would think moderators would have a bit more tact and be less divisive.

Maybe we're tired of being steamrollered by the low-blow, hyperbolic, liberal-progressive side of the isle. I'm never ceased to be amased how not a FRAKIN' PEEP is ever said about when the lefty "talking heads", and other groups spew their B.S., but when the slightest vent of frustration or sarcastic/sardonic comments are issued from the "non-PC" side of the isle its jumped on quicker than an Obama phone in Cleveland.

Take a breath.... The only thing I am saying is I think moderators should perhaps avoid subjects that people are obviously going to have strong feelings about. They're here to moderate the forums, not create a need for moderation.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top