JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where did we find these "FACTS" as I see other people calling them. It looks like their is really no proof either way....So lets choke up the website where you found these because a right leaning page can make up "facts" just like a left leaning page can...

I read it on the innerwebs, so it must be true!

1. Nidal Hasan (the Ft. Hood shooter) lived in either Virginia (his state of residence prior to being sent to Ft. Hood) or Texas, neither of which has partisan registration. Therefore the claim that he was a "registered Democrat" is false. I do not know if he voted or how he voted, but I do know that unless he was registered in a state in which he did not reside, that the claim that he is a registered Democrat is FALSE.

2. Since Virginia does not have partisan registration there is also no way to tell whether Seung-Hui Cho was a Democrat, but again because there is no partisan registration in the state we can say that the claim that he is a registered Democrat is FALSE.

3. The allegation that James Holmes was registered Democrat was based on a Breitbart blogger Joel B. Pollack, who found voter registration records for a DIFFERENT James Holmes who was about the same age. Alex Jones' Infowars and other right-wing websites then dutifully repeated the lie without verifying it. It was later determined that the Colorado Theater Shooter James Holmes was NOT registered to vote, as evidenced by this retraction: {Newly-released information on the suspect's birthdate (which, as indicated in our initial report, was a slight mismatch), combined with new details Breitbart News has obtained about the suspect's likely addresses, together suggest that the suspect may, in fact, not have been registered to vote.}. However, most of right-wing media continued to promote the lie without printing Breitbart sites retraction. The claim that James Holmes was a registered Democrat is FALSE.

4. The claim that Adama Lanza is a registered Democrat has been suggested based not on any evidence that he was registered as one, but on the rather dubious claim that because Connecticut has almost 2 to 1 Democratic registration over Republicans, he was probably a Democrat. (Claim: "Adam Lanza, NewtownConn murderer. Registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by about a 2-1 ratio in Connecticut. The odds are therefore that the Lanza family are (sic) Democrats.") This of course is a bogus argument to begin with, but even if we were to make the claim that a mass shooter's political affiliation must be the same as the majority of the people in his area, we can debunk this foolish idea by taking this shoddy analysis down to the local level. Yes, Connecticut voted for Barack Obama, BUT the city of Newtown voted for Mitt Romney. If we look at the results we find that Mitt Romney defeated Barack Obama in Newtown by 7451-6784 votes or 51.7 percent to 47 percent. Republican Senate candidate and Tea Party favorite Linda McMahon carried the city over Democrat Chris Murphy by an even larger margin. Add in the other information we have that Lanza's mother was a "doomsday prepper" and a home schooler in a Republican-leaning city and we can pretty well dispense with the erroneous assumption that Lanza must have been a Democrat. We can therefore claim that with no evidence to support the claim, the assertion that Lanza was a Democrat is not demonstrated and that in the absence of any evidence it is likely FALSE.

5. Klebold and Harris of course were not old enough to vote and they had no apparent political affiliation. Allegations that they came from families of Democrats or liberal progressives appear to have no sources to substantiate those claims. What little ideology the boys demonstrated owed mostly to an admiration for Timothy McVeigh not Ted Kennedy. Harris' father was a retired Air Force pilot and Eric Harris wanted to join the Marine Corps. The boys lived in Littleton, Colorado a relatively conservative and affluent suburb of Denver. The claim that their parents were Democrats is UNSUBSTANTIATED. Any suggestion that the two boys were Democrats is demonstrably FALSE.

Interestingly, Hedgecock and those on the far right have conveniently overlooked a number of cases where ideology is clearly right-wing. The acts below are instances of right-wing violence that are unequivocally committed by people who are openly hostile to liberalism. While this does not mean these killers are Republicans, it is quite clear that they are RIGHT-WINGERS and that they have far more in common with Mr. Hedgecock, Alex Jones and the other gun-toting conspiracy nuts on the right than with any evils associated with the Democratic Party or liberalism. In addition, to the list below is the obvious case of Timothy McVeigh, who I have not included because his crime was not committed with firearms. It was however, committed by a right-winger and the carnage was on a massive scale.

You mean like when you and fd15k were saying prior to the elections that Obama wouldn't do anything to to restrict our 2A rights, and the rest of us who thought otherwise were paranoid, tin-foil wearin', right-wingnuts... Hmmm?

BTW- The reasons you don't hear about "left-wing" gun violence is for the simple fact that it doesn't fit the MSM narrative, and because most "lefties" that have a propensity for physical violence (i.e. Occupoopers) don't have a job and can't afford a gun.

Kinda like those right wing guys who were employed and could afford a gun but decided to blow up a doctor and the Murrah building. You mean like that????

We will never know the truth about what inspired Sandy Hook, many are convinced it was a black op. Just from the standpoint of it's effectiveness at depriving Americans of their gun rights it would seem to be brilliantly done if it was, that is if you don't mind murdering a bunch of little kids to achieve your progressive goals.

To me progressives really are that evil.

We will never know the truth about what inspired Sandy Hook, many are convinced it was a black op. Just from the standpoint of it's effectiveness at depriving Americans of their gun rights it would seem to be brilliantly done if it was, that is if you don't mind murdering a bunch of little kids to achieve your progressive goals.

To me progressives really are that evil.

PP,

I served under a Conservative Republican administration that pulled the same type of BS back in the 80's, but that involved the "Just Say No" campaign, whilst sending in our guys to suffer in the bushes playin' "swat the coke labs, and spank the commie insurgents"... all the while Air America planes were bringing Columbian snow back into the States to fund other operations "off the books"... Progressives don't have the corner on evil, believe me.

Proud registered Independant.

While we're driving a wedge between people's politics on this forum

Worst Domestic Terrorist attack in US History was by Timothy McVeigh who had fringe right wing leanings.

There was a mass shooting in a Unitarian Church in 2008 in which the shooter was going after church members because they were liberals. When cops searched his house they found books by Hannity, Limbaugh and Michael Savage.

Virtually every abortion doctor assassin has been a right winger, and Eric Rudolph was also a right winger who bombed an abortion clinic.

There was a good study, I'd be willing to link people to, that found a direct correlation between strong religious ties, proliferation of hate groups and states that voted for John McCain in the 2008 election.

You mean like when you and fd15k were saying prior to the elections that Obama wouldn't do anything to to restrict our 2A rights, and the rest of us who thought otherwise were paranoid, tin-foil wearin', right-wingnuts... Hmmm?

I am still waiting for that magical Executive Order to be signed. So far it seems like if our guns are to be taken, it will be by the Congress, not by Obama. And of course that is IF our guns will be taken at all :)

Kruschev said the US will fall without a shot being fired.
Mothers on welfare have kids on our dime without fathers, many of them join gangs.
You can't physically discipline your kids so you put them on psyhoactive meds :huh: and give them a computer to keep them occupied.
What did you expect ? Angels
The liberals in the democratic party created this problem and now they offer to solve it with GUN CONTROL.

im not inclined to believe that anyone other a monster can shoot 20 kids in the face

painting a group of fellow citizens that have varying degrees of differing political opinions as monsters capable of slaughtering small children for any reason is ridiculous and unnecesary at the very, very least.

Your dear leader has already done that to America. Nobody else can get credit for that.

Only because of his skin color.

edit: Also because he is a Democrat. Most filibusters in history has been under him, Democrats never did nearly as many filibusters under George W Bush, and he is considered the worst President since Warren G Harding died in office. You guys drove your party brand into the ground by electing that idiot for 8 years, thats your own damn fault. Im willing to bet you voted for GWB too didn't you? A vote for GWB in '04 was a vote for Obama in '08.

edit: Also because he is a Democrat. Most filibusters in history has been under him, Democrats never did nearly as many filibusters under George W Bush, and he is considered the worst President since Warren G Harding died in office. You guys drove your party brand into the ground by electing that idiot for 8 years, thats your own damn fault. Im willing to bet you voted for GWB too didn't you? A vote for GWB in '04 was a vote for Obama in '08.

YOu must be a racist to bring up skin color Now your going back to being a victim Bla Bla Bla could you get some new taking points your are getting old and worn out. Maybe try Al Jazeera I hear they are the next American hater to support the liberals.

Don't need a shrieky voice to point out the hypocrisy you suggested.

It would be hypocrisy IF I had refuted that "right-wingers" have done the things you mentioned, which I did not (becasue they did). That's the problem with some on this forum, you see and read what you want, or are told is the norm from "non-progressives", so you instantly see/hear it... instead of reading/hearing WHAT IS WRITTEN/SAID.

You think you're sooooo intellectually/morally superior to everyone else that you can't see the forest from the trees while looking down your nose at the "ignorant, unwashed, conservative masses".

My original point on "leftist" gun-violence (or any violence for that matter) not being reported on still stands, so I'll see your McVeigh and raise you a Billy-boy "unrepentant bomber-man" Ayers, the Weather Underground (whom some still walk the earth), and the Unabomber... I call, whatcha got? ;)

I am still waiting for that magical Executive Order to be signed. So far it seems like if our guns are to be taken, it will be by the Congress, not by Obama. And of course that is IF our guns will be taken at all :)

You obviously have missed the last two wonderful weeks we've had of "Uncle Joe" Biden with his "Blue Ribbon Panel" theatrics, and Obama surrounding himself with children, and his stated willingness, and "directive" that Congress pass the AWB that he SAID he'd sign into law... but alas, it's our "collective progressives" in Salem we need to watch MUCH more closly ATM, my friend.

On a further note, even IF we get our stuff "grandfathered" in (Federal or State level), that still screws over FUTURE citizens... and THAT isn't good enough either. ;)

You obviously have missed the last two wonderful weeks we've had of "Uncle Joe" Biden with his "Blue Ribbon Panel" theatrics, and Obama surrounding himself with children, and his stated willingness, and "directive" that Congress pass the AWB that he SAID he'd sign into law... but alas, it's our "collective progressives" in Salem we need to watch MUCH more closly ATM, my friend.

On a further note, even IF we get our stuff "grandfathered" in (Federal or State level), that still screws over FUTURE citizens... and THAT isn't good enough either. ;)

You correctly identified it as theatrics. I was actually disappointed when no Executive Orders were announced to ban guns. Not because I wanted any guns banned, but because it was repeated so many times on this forum, I almost started to believe that's coming, and that will give us that final push to start a revolution :D

Why do I get the feeling you were chewing gum whilst you were typing.... LMAO!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top