JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use an airsoft G17 for holster training and dryfire practice.

Shot the screen out of a brand new TV a few years ago doing it. ND. :rolleyes:

When I was in college, we didn't have no money, so any type of competitive game had penalties instead of rewards. Usually a shot on the bare back with an airsoft gun.

They sting.

I was practicing draw and fire from the holster. It's a CO2 powered pistol. I always practiced with it full of gas and no pellets (hard on them I know) for a little more realism. Apparently there was a bb in the mag that had been stuck for a while I'm guessing. After LOTS of draws and fire, the damned bb got unstuck. I was using people on the TV screen as "targets". Shot a hole right through a 2 week old 55" HD TV. :rolleyes:

We used to shoot each other for fun growing up... still would if the batteries weren't as expensive to replace as a new outfit. CO2 is they way to go.

Mainly what I got out of the video, was how fast his malfunction clearance and mag changes were. It took him some time to get used to recoil, but not much, and his accuracy with rapid fire and movement was impressive. Just a guy playing with toys....

Just remember that they are doing a lot of that crap from 5 to 10 yards.

And? 5-10 yards is likely the distance in which any lethal encounter will take place Stateside. Moving on, what's impressive in the video is not necessarily the shooting itself but the sense of urgency, weapon manipulation, and manual of arms demonstrated by the man.

And? 5-10 yards is likely the distance in which any lethal encounter will take place Stateside. Moving on, what's impressive in the video is not necessarily the shooting itself but the sense of urgency, weapon manipulation, and manual of arms demonstrated by the man.

I'll admit that disdain for Lucas Botkin has soured my appreciation for the Japanese guy's accomplishments. The whole religious cult and having an actual syndrome named after his family thing really turns me off. "Botkin Syndrome".

Then there is the part where he has been caught speeding up videos....

I'll admit that disdain for Lucas Botkin has soured my appreciation for the Japanese guy's accomplishments. The whole religious cult and having an actual syndrome named after his family thing really turns me off. "Botkin Syndrome".

Then there is the part where he has been caught speeding up videos....

People claim he speeds up his videos all the time, never been proven as far as I can tell. Every time I see someone make this claim it's obvious the video is not sped up as the brass is falling to the ground at a normal speed. He's not a god but he's a damned good shooter. He often trains pretty high speed dudes as well, and I know this is true from my contacts in the industry from both my career and as a firearms instructor.

Feel free to dislike the guy all you want but 1. You should vet the sources before making a judgment and, 2. There's likely stuff you can learn from him and the countless other "famous" shooters out there like Haley, Mike of Garand Thumb fame, Nine Banger, Eric over at Sage Dynamics, etc.

I had negative preconceived notions about a "famous" shooter just last week who was instructing a course I was participating in and left a 10x better pistol distance shooter after his course.

People claim he speeds up his videos all the time, never been proven as far as I can tell. Every time I see someone make this claim it's obvious the video is not sped up as the brass is falling to the ground at a normal speed. He's not a god but he's a damned good shooter. He often trains pretty high speed dudes as well, and I know this is true from my contacts in the industry from both my career and as a firearms instructor.

Feel free to dislike the guy all you want but 1. You should vet the sources before making a judgment and, 2. There's likely stuff you can learn from him and the countless other "famous" shooters out there like Haley, Mike of Garand Thumb fame, Nine Banger, Eric over at Sage Dynamics, etc.

I had negative preconceived notions about a "famous" shooter just last week who was instructing a course I was participating in and left a 10x better pistol distance shooter after his course.

Nah, I'm just gonna keep not liking him.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top