JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Inslee-wear-a-blindfold.jpg

So when I carry in Oregon with a 17 round mag but then need to Washington I have to "legally" swap out for a 10 round mag? What am I supposed to do with the 17 round mag? Drive it home and put it to bed in the safe? Hahaha. Whether it's left in the gun or left in the car it's the same charge….. might as well just leave it in the gun. These rules are plain dumb.
Possessed magazines from people out of state are allowed to be transported into washington for whatever reason (be it self defense, shooting, training, etc) so long as all leave the state with you. "Transport" is not defined in the law. It's mentioned in the description of "import" on the definitions of the law, but there is nothing illegal about bringing 100 magazines into Washington and then leaving with those 100 magazines. If you come in with 100 magazines and leave with 99 then you have committed a crime against sb5078

Stupid bubblegum law either way if you ask me but just wanted to clarify. I've asked my attorney this many times as often my buddies from OR come my way and have asked me this same question many times.

That being said, I'd hate to be the guinea pig on this so I'd say it's best to just keep them concealed and don't do anything stupid while in the state lol

Possessed magazines from people out of state are allowed to be transported into washington for whatever reason (be it self defense, shooting, training, etc) so long as all leave the state with you. "Transport" is not defined in the law. It's mentioned in the description of "import" on the definitions of the law, but there is nothing illegal about bringing 100 magazines into Washington and then leaving with those 100 magazines. If you come in with 100 magazines and leave with 99 then you have committed a crime against sb5078

Stupid bubblegum law either way if you ask me but just wanted to clarify. I've asked my attorney this many times as often my buddies from OR come my way and have asked me this same question many times.

That being said, I'd hate to be the guinea pig on this so I'd say it's best to just keep them concealed and don't do anything stupid while in the state lol
That is all correct.

Boy, I don't know . . . I don't read it that way.

Per RCW 9.41.370, "(1) No person in this state may manufacture, import, distribute, sell, or offer for sale any large capacity magazine, except as authorized in this section."

And then the definition of "import" per RCW 9.41.010 is, "(14) "Import" means to move, transport, or receive an item from a place outside the territorial limits of the state of Washington to a place inside the territorial limits of the state of Washington."

What's the angle that would make it legal for an out-of-stater to do as you describe? The only possible things I can think of are:
1) Someone who lives out of state is not "in this state" when they import the magazine. That seems to be a bit of a stretch.
2) Yes, you "import" the magazine by bringing it into WA, but then you undo that import when you leave. Again, seems to be a stretch, as "import" doesn't seem to need to be a permanent condition.

I've love for you to be right . . . help me see it. :)

Per RCW 9.41.370, "(1) No person in this state may manufacture, import, distribute, sell, or offer for sale any large capacity magazine, except as authorized in this section."

And then the definition of "import" per RCW 9.41.010 is, "(14) "Import" means to move, transport, or receive an item from a place outside the territorial limits of the state of Washington to a place inside the territorial limits of the state of Washington."

What's the angle that would make it legal for an out-of-stater to do as you describe? The only possible things I can think of are:
1) Someone who lives out of state is not "in this state" when they import the magazine. That seems to be a bit of a stretch.
2) Yes, you "import" the magazine by bringing it into WA, but then you undo that import when you leave. Again, seems to be a stretch, as "import" doesn't seem to need to be a permanent condition.

Here ya go! He covers it about halfway through.

Thanks, Brad -- yeah, I see that he covers it here (link takes you to a specific point in the video), and he states that it's legal for an out-of-stater to bring in hi-cap mags as long as they leave with them:

I'm still not buying it, though. I think that *is* importing per the definition in RCW 9.41.010, which is the only definition that matters.

Otherwise, what's the time limit? Can someone bring a mag in, live here for 20 years, and just say that he plans to eventually take the mag back out of state?

Jeesh 25 pages of this sheeple fear nonsense?

Here's an idea. Live life.

Until those government tyrants and their criminal pets downsize to 10 rounds, I'll keep on keeping on the way I want and they can eat a bag of dicks.

Carry on.

Jeesh 25 pages of this sheeple fear nonsense?

Here's an idea. Live life.

Until those government tyrants and their criminal pets downsize to 10 rounds, I'll keep on keeping on the way I want and they can eat a bag of dicks.

Carry on.
Not even then. They can carry 10 if they want, neutering themselves wouldn't encourage me to join their choice.

And pray to God, Jesus, and the Virgin Mary that every last one of them gotdamned tyrants chokes to death on the last dick in the bag!
Wanna make sure each one of 'em eats the whole bag first... for maximum effect, yunno... :s0053:

As long as my lawyer who has got me out of a 2a related pickle in the past reads it that way then I don't care how anyone else reads it lol. I'm just informing yall what my lawyer has said to me. YMMV and IANAL but just figured id post the opinion of someone licensed in WA to practice law.

Well, the burden of proof is on the prosecutor. It's hard enough to prove that a WA resident acquired a magazine outside of state lines and brought it back - with a cash transaction it's damn near impossible. I don't see them investing that kind of time and resources on a non-WA resident who may leave the state at any point.

Remember, this ALL goes back to voting. How many of you voted in the 2020 election? Who did you vote for? One party pushed this through.
Elections matter. This is the kind of thing that happens when you sit back and let some other guy make your decisions for you.
Once again, single-party control of the legislature and the governor's office.

Well, the burden of proof is on the prosecutor. It's hard enough to prove that a WA resident acquired a magazine outside of state lines and brought it back - with a cash transaction it's damn near impossible. I don't see them investing that kind of time and resources on a non-WA resident who may leave the state at any point.
Exactly....How the hell would anyone keep track of how many mags you left with and then what you returned with? Ridiculous

Remember, this ALL goes back to voting. How many of you voted in the 2020 election? Who did you vote for? One party pushed this through.
Elections matter. This is the kind of thing that happens when you sit back and let some other guy make your decisions for you.
Once again, single-party control of the legislature and the governor's office.
Dave I voted 100% GOP and the liberal Seattle voting base, like always, out votes the rest of the State. That's exactly why Inslee has a 3rd term.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top